Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Best Game Soundtrack

We going original score or games with good songs in? 

Tetris Effect, Ape Out, and Witcher 3 of recent times and Ocarina of Time going back a bit.

Tony Hawks 1&2 had my favourite playlist. 

P.S Oblivion soundtrack waay better than Skyrim (imqho). 

11 hours ago, Rain King said:

Premier Manager 98 was a weird one on the PS1.

Loads of music, then a random bloke who sounded like Bobby Robson blurting out the following.

"We're gonna go through the whole season without losing one match. Anything's possible and we're gonna do it".

I always thought it was Bobby Robson!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Erm.  Obviously it's Skyrim you fvcking nerds.

From a production, composition and design point of view, absolutely. It compliments the game extremely well and is instantly recognisable. 

My personal favourite games all had amazing soundtracks (imo) so a shoutout to Diablo (Matt Uelmen), Secret of Mana (Hiroki Kikuta), Pillars of Eternity (Justin Bell) and Rimworld (Alistair Lindsey)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I always thought it was Bobby Robson!

This video takes me back! Got this for my 7th Birthday (What kind of 7 year old asks for a management sim?)

Honestly cannot remember ever doing anything but signing Nadal for Leicester in every save.

Edited by LVocey
  • Like 1

In terms of music specifically made for the game, Morrowind and Bastion.

As has been mentioned, the Wipeout games and GTA games sourced some great tunes that were already out there (though I think some of the Wipeout ones were written especially for the game).

There has been some fantastic music made for video games hasnt there. Banjo Kazooie was really good for the time. I recall most Rare games on the N64 had good soundtracks. Skyrim and Witcher 3 both great. Mass Effect 3 hasnt been mentioned yet and that's brilliant. Dont think either Red Dead game has been mentioned either, both have as good a soundtrack as any spaghetti western.   Most Zeldas are good although in BotW it was one of the weakest elements of the whole game weirdly. In terms of song based soundtracks GTA VC and SA wipe out the competition!

Edited by Gubbins