Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Best Game Soundtrack

All the GTA games had great soundtracks, there is a song in GTA3 called forever by Lucy that I loved.

Resident Evil 1&2 were brilliant and the end piano tune in resi 3.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

The last of us.

I could probably go on forever! 

On 25/11/2020 at 15:40, Zear0 said:

We going original score or games with good songs in? 

Tetris Effect, Ape Out, and Witcher 3 of recent times and Ocarina of Time going back a bit.

Tony Hawks 1&2 had my favourite playlist. 

P.S Oblivion soundtrack waay better than Skyrim (imqho). 

Should only be original score IMO, what amount of talent does it take to compile a playlist of already existing songs and get licences for them, other than a bit of good taste?

So, with that in mind, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Hollow Knight deserve mentions. As does pretty much anything with Nobuo Uematsu doing the composing.

Edited by leicsmac

This definitely worth a mention too - composer Christopher Tin wrote music for the Civilization games, this one being particularly epic

Watch Christopher Tin conduct the world premiere of “Sogno di Volare” – his new theme song written exclusively for Civilization VI. Performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the Angel City Chorale, Prima Vocal Ensemble, and Lucis at Cadogan Hall in London, July 19, 2016.

• Like 2

GTA Vice City.

Blue suit on.

image.png.4a798c8928af515bc95e046eef6b15a7.png

Blue motorbike on point.

image.png.aa971781710892701c3144829528be09.png

Some mad ramps down town.

image.png.08fb8a42b802a66bc98b618e641630a0.png

TAKE THESE BROKEN WINGS

YOU'VE GOT TO LEARN TO FLY, LEARN TO LIVE, LOVE SO FREE

WHEN WE HEAR THE VOICES SING

THE BOOK OF LOVE WILL OPEN UP AND LET US IN YEAH, YEAH

:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Edited by ScrumpyJack
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Didn't know where else to stick these, came up on Youtube this morning. Ain't played Gran Turismo since number 4, wish they'd hurry up and release the new one.

GT do opening vids well don't they.

I completely agree with anyone who says GTA: Vice City though, that soundtrack with that game was something else

On 25/11/2020 at 00:20, iamafox said:

The Messenger (2018 video game) - Wikipedia

Absolutely, having played it fairly recently I still listen to the soundtrack when I'm working sometimes. Really fitting with each level and the action happening, so many great songs and all sound great in both their 8-bit and 16-bit versions

• Like 1

A slight diversion from the intention of the question re the in-game soundtracks...but still kind of on topic.......I discovered by shear fluke that Red Dead Redemption is particularly great when accompanied by The Corals "Butterfly House" album. Something about the timpani drums and twanging guitars it fitted like hand to glove. Have a horse chase to "More Than A Lover", "100 Years", "She's Coming Around"  or "North Parade" and tell me I'm wrong.

Similarly late night cruising in GTA accompanied by a bit of Isaac Hayes or Curtis Mayfield or a daytime car chase accompanied by a bit of up-tempo Acid Jazz like Corduroy or JTQ is similarly effective. Liked the editable play lists on PES where you could add your own library for each menu / phase, I'd add lots of 90's Brit-pop tunes or a more wide-worldly mixture for internationals. 

• 4 weeks later...