Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Thought we played great today given the amount of time the players on the field have played together this season. Just missing that bit of magic that Tielemans and Maddison supply the striker. Fortunate we have players so talented that we can match up so well against CP's first team.

And that was their First Team.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The game changed because Palace changed their own game plan and approach. I wanted Youri to come on at HT because I thought he'd flourish in the space Hamza was getting. As it was, Palace pushed up and pressed us higher, so Tielemans didn't actually do much when he came on.

Pundits mentioned after the game that Vardy changed it and I'll agree with that - his movement and presence alone takes out defenders. 

If Tielemans and Vardy start then we definitely go in to HT about 2-0 or 3-0 up. But hindsight is a wonderful thing and given Vardy's age and Youri's playing time recently, I didn't expect them to start.

All I know is that we didn’t start with Vardy, Little Wes, Timmy, Maddison, Tielemans, Albrighton or Under and that equated to us scrabbling around to get an equaliser against a rubbish Palace side who had conceded what? 11 goals in two games? Could be wrong there..

Something can’t have been right Stan? Were they all injured and/or knackered?

This is a points business and we put out a side you’d expect to see in the League Cup

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mod hero said:

How did Demarai Gray pull rank on that free kick? Senior players (Tielemans should be telling him to step aside) mans never even got one on target in the 5 years he’s been here. Unbelievable 

Probably along the lines of grays btech cr7 knuckleball technique to get the dip given the short distance 

Edited by bfox

Disappointing result some need a kick up the arse but hey FUCH IT we can’t change the result but we can improve a bit of a rest now till a trip up to Newcastle, Brendan can put out our best 11 for that one and I’m sure we’ll come away with all 3 points 🙏 just really hoping the next few results of the teams around us go our way ?

When the Europa restarts, we may have learned something today from Nachos performance, as obviously it will then require the striker on the pitch to play twice a week against better opposition, I believe we are making QF of Europa, does Vardy play twice a week? i'd rather BR aired on the side of caution where JV is concerned, FA cup an opportunity to try Perez/ Barnes as a striker, we have at least 25 games left this season, (hopefully more) Vardy has to start 20 of those games, if this season is to be succesful, but there will probably need to be 5-8 times between now and the end of the season where he doesn't play, a better solution is needed in his absense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

All I know is that we didn’t start with Vardy, Little Wes, Timmy, Maddison, Tielemans, Albrighton or Under and that equated to us scrabbling around to get an equaliser against a rubbish Palace side who had conceded what? 11 goals in two games? Could be wrong there..

This is a points business and we put out a side you’d expect to see in the League Cup

Maddison - picked up a knock from Saturday?

Castagne - only just come back from injury

Tielemans - has played a hell of a lot of football

Under - injured?

Wes - rested?

Vardy - age, won't start, shouldn't be expected to.

What say you if we had gone in winning at half time and saw out the victory and got the 3 points? Would something still not have been right?

• Like 1

If  we had taken our chances, Then BRodgers Management wouldnt be being questioned..

The selected players on the pitch, fluffed their lines..After Top chances were created

Vardy has also fluffed 2-3 Open chances, including penalties..!!

A few Moaning now, wanted Praet instead of Maddison...!!! 

People just want something to moan about..!!

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Vardy, Fofana, Maddison, Under all have knocks

Castagne is only just back from being out for 2 months so needs taking care of because then people will moan we rushed him etc. if he gets injured again

Tielemans due a rest

Albrighton I wouldn't exact say we missed him

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

they played 2 days ago, and we were going up against a side that we shouldnt be risking our best players health against

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maddison - picked up a knock from Saturday?

Castagne - only just come back from injury

Tielemans - has played a hell of a lot of football

Under - injured?

Wes - rested?

Vardy - age, won't start, shouldn't be expected to.

What say you if we had gone in winning at half time and saw out the victory and got the 3 points? Would something still not have been right?

Little wes also carrying a knock apparently. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Stop looking at Vardy as being on his knees this morning barely able to walk! He trained like the others and played 35 minutes. Hes not on the verge of arthritis! 

Rodgers gambled and it backfired and those he was so desperate to rest had to come on to help salvage something 

Sure the gamble failed, but was very close to working. Suspect the staff at the club know the players' physical condition better than you or me.

13 minutes ago, mod hero said:

How did Demarai Gray pull rank on that free kick? Senior players (Tielemans should be telling him to step aside) mans never even got one on target in the 5 years he’s been here. Unbelievable 

He's got a run up like CR7 don't you know. So what if 10/10 attempts go 6ft over the bar.

5 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Maybe, but it's a tricky balance, right? He needs to play to get confidence, so BR picking him for this game (giving Vardy a rest) seems like a good choice on face value. You have to put him in the firing line at some point and you (as a manager) have to show confidence/faith in him. Pull him off the pitch too early strikes me will probably kill his confidence even more. Loaning him into the Championship seems to me the only option other than cutting him loose completely. What we're doing at the moment feels like a damaging cycle. Maybe working with BR he can turn it around but it's such a gamble given we get results like today. 

...I have said many times before regarding Nacho..he is stuck between a rock and a hard place, and he needs to leave the club in order to progress!!!

We play him as the lead striker when Vardy is out, but that is not his position and he fails every time he is given the opportunity to lead the line, he states that he is a number 10, but we play him upfront.

Rodgers knows his temperament and should understand him by now, but to continue to thrust him in situations where he has demonstrably failed does him no good. He cannot mature in this situation and needs to play elsewhere in order to progress. Going away and coming back to us will only serve to unpick a scar that can't seem to heal.

• Like 1