Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Should we cash in on Iheanacho?

Should we cash in on Iheanacho?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Should we cash in on Iheanacho?

May want to move this to the Leicester section @Mark, whatever you feel best.

Anyway...

With West Ham selling their back up striker in Sébastien Haller to Ajax, a back up striker they obviously deem not good enough, with us being in a similar boat with Iheanacho, is it now time to cash in on him this January, and finally look for an understudy to Jamie Vardy?

West Ham have already been linked with @Ric Flair new best mate Boulaye Dia as well as Moussa Dembele, knowing them though they’ll probably get Arnautović.

But for us, like West Ham with Haller, is this the perfect time to sell Iheanacho, should we wait until the Summer, or not sell him at all?

No. Not until we get a striker to replace him.

We'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face if we sell him, then Vardy gets injured and we're left without any kind of striker to fill in, at all. It just wouldn't make logical sense and is pretty counter-intuitive.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No. Not until we get a striker to replace him.

We'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face if we sell him, then Vardy gets injured and we're left without any kind of striker to fill in, at all. It just wouldn't make logical sense and is pretty counter-intuitive.

....let him go now!!!

Perhaps it might just get Rodgers to take a look at other combinations up front and he can move away from deploying Nacho as a Lone Striker, it does not work for the player and also does not help the club.

BR already said Vardy is to be rested, but please, please dont make Iheanacho cup tied! Play JJ as centre forward - I GUARANTEE he would do a better job than Kalechi. Worth a risk (for a game or two) - I remember when my beloved Hatters did it with a very ordinary fullback they'd signed from Fulham - maybe others might recognise the name....

....Malcolm MacDonald!

• Like 1

Kelechi isn’t good enough to be our main man. However, I wouldn’t sell him. There’s not many class strikers of Vardys calibre that will come to Leicester and play second fiddle to him. Kelechi is as good as it gets in terms of a player thats not gonna kick up a fuss about being on the bench.

Would love to see Edouard come here from Celtic. But why go Leicester when you can be the main man at AC Milan who are favourites to buy him. Get paid more and they are looking likely to win the serie a title 

Edited by s11nny

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....let him go now!!!

Perhaps it might just get Rodgers to take a look at other combinations up front and he can move away from deploying Nacho as a Lone Striker, it does not work for the player and also does not help the club.

What wouldn't help the club is being left with no strikers and gambling on other combinations when it gets to an important part of the season. 

Doesn't make sense. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...nor is constantly putting a player in a situation which makes him unable to perform!!!

But he can perform. Just not very consistently. 

I'm not averse to selling him by the way. Just don't see the logic in it without buying anyone else and leaving us short given Vardy probably can't play every single game from now til the end of the season. Even if we did try something new as well... 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

But he can perform. Just not very consistently. 

I'm not averse to selling him by the way. Just don't see the logic in it without buying anyone else and leaving us short given Vardy probably can't play every single game from now til the end of the season. Even if we did try something new as well... 

So many questions about Kel. He has the skills but is his lack of progression simply down to his game time?

Then do we need to sell him before we can afford our primary target?

Assume summer would be more active once we have further wage room.

1 hour ago, s11nny said:

Kelechi isn’t good enough to be our main man. However, I wouldn’t sell him. There’s not many class strikers of Vardys calibre that will come to Leicester and play second fiddle to him. Kelechi is as good as it gets in terms of a player thats not gonna kick up a fuss about being on the bench.

Therein lies the point for me. Imho it's not about who we can bring in who will be happy to sit on the bench, the question is, who can we bring in who could potentially be Jamie Vardy's long term replacement? Who could even put a bit of pressure on him in the short to medium term? That's what we should be looking at and I'm sure the scouts will be. I know his name is a bit en vogue on here but I really hope they're looking at someone like Patson Daka, who from what I've seen looks like he has huge potential. 

Is Nacho Vardy's replacement? Never in a million years but until the guy who might be is brought in, it probably doesn't make sense to sell him, at least not right now and I'm his biggest critic. I think he's crap to be honest but a crap option is better than no option I suppose.

Of course we should get a replacement - I’d have thought that’s an obvious caveat to the question but if we can get £15 plus million for him, that will help fund that process. I’d go as far as to say I’d be hoping (like all of us) we would bring in another striker this window and if Nacho were to be sold, ideally I’d like to bring in another two.

54 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Therein lies the point for me. Imho it's not about who we can bring in who will be happy to sit on the bench, the question is, who can we bring in who could potentially be Jamie Vardy's long term replacement? Who could even put a bit of pressure on him in the short to medium term? That's what we should be looking at and I'm sure the scouts will be. I know his name is a bit en vogue on here but I really hope they're looking at someone like Patson Daka, who from what I've seen looks like he has huge potential. 

Is Nacho Vardy's replacement? Never in a million years but until the guy who might be is brought in, it probably doesn't make sense to sell him, at least not right now and I'm his biggest critic. I think he's crap to be honest but a crap option is better than no option I suppose.

...why do people insist on Nacho being put a situation that renders him and the team inert!!!

There are other combinations and formats that could be applied when Vardy is out of the team. Play as a two up front, play him in a 10 role or as a two up front with him withdrawn, there are options, why doesn't Rodgers take them. 

The Managers choices have led to a polarization, regarding how we view his contribution to the team and the frustration we feel are projected unto the player, and undermines him.

Yes we have paid a great deal of money for him and we all feel short changed, but I do not want to see him constantly on the pitch trying to overcome a problem not of his own making.

• Like 1