Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Should we cash in on Iheanacho?

Should we cash in on Iheanacho?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Should we cash in on Iheanacho?

It is one those that could easily come back and bite us. Kelechi has at times shown his value. Last year on a few occasions, he was a game changer. He seems like he has gone backwards this year. Can we afford to let him have on and off periods - probably not. However, any striker that comes in will suffer from the same inconsistencies due to limited starts and appearances off the bench. 

If we get the money and with his contract term remanning, it probably might be one we do cash in on.

4 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

how can he slump when he's basically been below sea-level ever since he arrived?

Last season his goal contribution was very good. Lower prem teams would have jumped at the chance to sign him. Probably not now 

Voted yes because it feels like we've been waiting for the switch to flip on this for four years now, I just don't see it happening. Admittedly getting scraps of playing time is tough but it's the amount of easy chances he misses that is concerning.

Like any other player:

is someone willing to meet out valuation?

Can the squad do without him?

Can we get a replacement which improves us as a team?

If the answer to all three of these questions is yes then sell, if not keep until we can answer yes to all three questions.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind Iheanacho. I don't think he is necessarily lazy, just that Vardy has set such a high bar for years now that comparisons are made unfairly. He isn't Vardy.

I've answered No in the vote. I still think there is a player in there. But its like Gray. Iheanacho and Gray i feel like they still have something to offer but wouldn't be bothered if they did leave. I think any striker that comes in just wont do the job whilst Vardy is here. We get the Celtic striker he will be disillusioned by playing second fiddle and likely to not perform. Whilst Vardy is here i just cant see us having 2 firing strikers.

Yes.

He's been below-par for us more often than not, but I'm not going to blast abuse at him because I think he could be a good player if he had consistent game time in this set up. HOWEVER, he's definitely not good enough to warrant that sort of faith and to be given gametime at the expense of Vardy, and when Vardy eventually retires or slows down Iheanacho isn't at the level where he could step up and lead the line.

I'd only want us to cash in on him if we had someone else lined up to replace him, but I think its pretty clear at this point that he isn't the long term solution we need. 

• Like 1

The problem tha Ihneacho (or any striker here) has is that, at the moment, we are not a team that creates a lot of chances. We somewhat get away with it because we have Jamie Vardy and his conversion rate is spectacular. He only needs one or two opportunities to score, where Nacho needs four or five and that's just not good enough considering we might only create that in any given game. 

We need a striker with a belief that he will get a chance, and a focus and confidence that he will take it when it comes. Ihneacho doesn't have those qualities. He doesn't have that concentration or ruthlessness and will let his head drop after a missed opportunity. 

• Like 1

We have ‘gone up’ another level in the last 18 months, if we want to stay at this level we need top quality players and that is what Rodgers is gathering for us, Iheanacho is not in that class along with a few others, sell him or part exchange as he just isn’t good enough for us... 

Up the City... :scarf:

Sell, 

For me he just doesn't seem to have the footballing intelligence for me to cut it at this level as the lone striker.

I think he could get some form and play well in a front two though for a  bottom half prem team

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why do people insist on Nacho being put a situation that renders him and the team inert!!!

There are other combinations and formats that could be applied when Vardy is out of the team. Play as a two up front, play him in a 10 role or as a two up front with him withdrawn, there are options, why doesn't Rodgers take them. 

The Managers choices have led to a polarization, regarding how we view his contribution to the team and the frustration we feel are projected unto the player, and undermines him.

Yes we have paid a great deal of money for him and we all feel short changed, but I do not want to see him constantly on the pitch trying to overcome a problem not of his own making.

I think playing two up front doesn’t really suit the teams strengths. As we like to play 3 in the middle. Would mean dropping either one of maddison, tielemans or ndidi to the bench. Unless we decide to play with no wingers of course but personally I think that would leave our full backs too exposed

If we can get a decent amount for him just get rid, it's not working for him or us. He's not a shit player just not getting any sort of game time. We need a credible alternative to Vardy but we can't have another player who just sits on the bench waiting for him to be injured or rested. 

People seem to think the option to cash in is actually there!! Ha ha.  No chance.  This isnt Football Manager folks.

I think we all agree no one in the top 10 of the Prem would want him.  So that leaves lower half Prem teams Championship and clubs from abroad.  I imagine the discussion with his agent generally goes like this:

Ihenachos agent: Wondering if you would be interested in Ihenacho, young, experienced in the Premier League and Leicester have confirmed to me they will let him go for £10 million as his contract is soon up.

Potential club interested:  Interesting, could be a goer for us at that price.  What does he earn?

IA :  Basic of £65 k a week at Leicester so we will be looking at something in the same region, then we will sort out the image rights seperate.

PCI :  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.  Do Leicester really pay him that every single week? Ha ha.

IA : Yes thats his basic wage minus bonuses etc.

PCI:  HA HA HA HA HA HA (continues)

IA: Hello are you still there?

IA : Hello, hello.

That is the reason we dont have the option "to cash in" on Ihenacho.  He will be paid by us until the last day of his contract as he wont get the same again.  Cant blame the lad, but lets not pretend we have an option in this!! (Other than pay him off and lose money in one go). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

People seem to think the option to cash in is actually there!! Ha ha.  No chance.  This isnt Football Manager folks.

I think we all agree no one in the top 10 of the Prem would want him.  So that leaves lower half Prem teams Championship and clubs from abroad.  I imagine the discussion with his agent generally goes like this:

Ihenachos agent: Wondering if you would be interested in Ihenacho, young, experienced in the Premier League and Leicester have confirmed to me they will let him go for £10 million as his contract is soon up.

Potential club interested:  Interesting, could be a goer for us at that price.  What does he earn?

IA :  Basic of £65 k a week at Leicester so we will be looking at something in the same region, then we will sort out the image rights seperate.

PCI :  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.  Do Leicester really pay him that every single week? Ha ha.

IA : Yes thats his basic wage minus bonuses etc.

PCI:  HA HA HA HA HA HA (continues)

IA: Hello are you still there?

IA : Hello, hello.

That is the reason we dont have the option "to cash in" on Ihenacho.  He will be paid by us until the last day of his contract as he wont get the same again.  Cant blame the lad, but lets not pretend we have an option in this!! (Other than pay him off and lose money in one go). 

This window I think that logic is accurate but in the summer, it could be different. 

Let's look at some teams for example...

Newcastle, Dwight Gale is out of contract. That's 40,000 P/W free so to add a potential upgrade in Ian would cost 25k per week (as far as wages go)

Brighton have Izquierdo who's on 45k out of contract, that's 20k more. 

Bertrand and his 70k a week is leaving Southampton....

This is just a small example of how the finances of clubs will change. 

Similar to ourselves with who will see 250k a week freed up after Morgan  Fuchs, Slimani and Gray leave. 

3 hours ago, s11nny said:

I think playing two up front doesn’t really suit the teams strengths. As we like to play 3 in the middle. Would mean dropping either one of maddison, tielemans or ndidi to the bench. Unless we decide to play with no wingers of course but personally I think that would leave our full backs too exposed

...we have played a three with Wing Backs this season, a three at the back has not been viewed as a handicap to the team!!!

We have played without out and out Wingers, and Justin and or Left Wing Back has coped with the workload. A 5-3-2 can incorporate Maddison and Tielemans and it is also in some way depends on the opposition we are facing.

In this instance ( the game against Stoke) with Maddison and Vardy likely to be missing there is an opportunity to utilise the squad and playing with two upfront allows him to take a practical look at viable options.

Until we culture, or buy One or two other strikers...Keep him, if he is willing to Play 2nd or 3rd fiddle...

I wouldnt mind seeing what Perez could do leading the line, with Barnes & Under at his side...I

Or same 3, with Barnes leading the line..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

I think we should sell for his own sake. I truly believe he's good enough and he'd reach his potential elsewhere. The system we're playing really isn't working for him, he's not Vardy and he never will be. He need to leave while he's still young.