Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

21 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Man for man we are better in every single position throughout the team , there’s no-one on their  side I would trade for .

sometimes that doesn’t guarantee the result and I think this will be a draw 

You wouldn't trade Perez or Nacho for Calvert-Lewin?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I'd not be disappointed with 1-1. 

Ancelotti is a top manager and has got them playing to their strengths in any given game and without Vards I'd take a point with a much needed goal for Nacho in the process. 

Suspect he'll play 4 centre backs like he did at the KP, as he'll look to exploit our lack of height, aggression and organisation defending set pieces. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Was he? He was there for 4 seasons. 3 of them he was crap and he scored 12 goals in the last one. If that's star quality God help us.

It's Newcastle mate. He was certainly their best player. 12 goals for a Newcastle forward is pretty good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I really don't understand why we'd drop Albrighton to the bench at the moment 

I know what you mean but without Vardy I think Cengo could be a better option with his greater pace and trickery. I'm sure Sharky will start, though.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Koke said:

It's Newcastle mate. He was certainly their best player. 12 goals for a Newcastle forward is pretty good. 

But it was 1 year out of 4, look at his stats for the other 3. Even the Newcastle supporters didn't rate him then. Bamford at Leeds until this season has had a relatively poor journeyman career but started this season well. Perez had a second half of a season purple patch, it can happen to anyone. Using your argument though, that it was in a poor side, we aren't and he hasn't materialised with better players around him.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I hope so. Doucoure for them and no Wilf for us was, imo, the key single thing that tipped the scales in their favour at the home game

We have a better settled midfield and defence now, then when we last played them. I can’t see them having the control they had before 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Are you ever gonna give up the hate for Ayoze? 

I think you'll find I actually praised him when Rodgers first bought him back a few weeks ago. He played behind Vardy and played some nice balls and looked for him, a little more aggressive. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason he's reverted to type. Over playing, losing the ball, falling over, weak in the challenge, not seemingly being aware at times where his team-mates are. Looks busy but without impact. 

Under needs to start even if he's subbed for albrighton in the second half. He needs to play for us to potentially buy him in the summer. Personally I think he's really talented and has clearly lost weight since he joined us and increased his fitness. BR could do wonders with him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying you didn’t praise him a few weeks ago, just don’t think your first post was a reasonable account of his performance. 

He played well today without scoring, our front 4 looked fluid linking up play with one another.

Certainly don’t think his ‘reverting to type’ or average game is him ‘over playing, losing the ball, falling over, weak in the challenge....’, I think his average game or reverting to type is him linking up the play like today as part of a good attacking unit. He took up some good positions in the box too, he’ll score goals in the 9 role if he keeps playing like that. 

I genuinely hope you're right.