Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

Kasper    

Fofana Soyuncu Evans                                                                  Castagne                        Justin                                                                                      Ndidi

Albrighton      Tielsmans     Maddison

Barnes

Combat aerial threat.

Edited by lcfcfoz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Mike Dean. 

Mike Dean, as in Mike Dean from Merseyside? I didn’t think that was allowed?

Didn’t Spurs get Kevin Friend removed from one of their games because he was from Leicester, not even a game against Leicester. 

Can't drop the Foff for this one, need the aerial bite, might go to a 3 in the second half if leading.

Kevin probably has to start, but Under is a great weapon to bring on once they have been run to death by the blessed Sharky.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcfoz said:

Kasper    

Fofana Soyuncu Evans                                                                  Castagne                        Justin                                                                                      Ndidi

Albrighton      Tielsmans     Maddison

Barnes

Combat aerial threat.

Umm... Aren't they supposed to be on the same pitch? Are you expecting dive bombers? ;) :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Kasper

Castagne - Fofana - Evans - Justin

Ndidi - Tielemans

Under - Maddison - Barnes

Perez

Got a feeling Under will be back on the bench instead of Albrighton.

Ok with me except I prefer Cags over Fofana and Ricardo for Justin with Castagne moved to the left. I like Under’s combo with Ricardo so I like to watch another game with this combo.  Harsh on Justin and Albrighton, but without Vardy, I think we need more movements further up which Under and Ricardo can provide more of. We lose the workrate of Albrighton but Vardy is not here and Under is not too bad. We can bring Albrighton and Justin on to shore things up at 70.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

So you want Cags over arguably the hottest property in world football at CB?

Ricardo whose coming back after a career threatening injury and played 70 minutes vs a 2nd string 2nd tier team to come in over probably one of our best players of the season?

And finally wanting to move Castange whose clearly better on the right towards the left?

Remember we have won 7 and drawn 1 out of 8 games we’ve started the 11 from the Chelsea game , yet you want to change because we got battered by a 2nd string Brentford team but then did well for 25 mins?

Its not football manager . Let’s not over complicate things. We’ve been fantastic since Wilf has come back in. We changed it last time after hammering Brighton when we played Everton last time, we moved Wilf around and brought Mendy in and it messed up again. Then we stuck back to the same team and have won 7/8 since drawing only to a good Utd team. Coincidentally since then the only messing around with our formation was away to Palace - our only dropped points were... away to Palace.

Remember we won a league by playing the same 11.

Footballs about finding an answer. When you find an answer you should let it roll. It’s hard to get consistency when you chop and change, that’s what brings polarisation of form.

Look at Liverpool currently, chopping changing because they can’t find the way currently. They played the same 11 for like 2 years and smashed it.

’tinker man’ styles are so 2000s , modern football is about passing from the back and controlling games, to do that you need everyone knowing what there doing(and quality players of course).

I think the starting 11 should be exactly the same 11 until we hit sticky moments. Never change a winning team, especially if it’s winning the way we have been - so convincing and emphatic.

Yes under was decent, yes Soyuncu is a good defender and yes peak Ricardo walks into the team long term, however right now it’s clear who our best 11 are.

They dominated an elite team Chelsea, the others struggled past a 2nd team 2nd tier team. Let’s not get over excited.

Struggled? Possibly should have scored 7! Should have been 2 up before Brentford scored in the 6th minute....

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

I hate to say this but I think Rodgers is running tielemans into the ground , with Pratt out he has no one else to play in that CM position, I can’t believe we have not brought some one in to help with the up coming matches , 

He wants to bring someone in ....it’s not that easy 

feeling pretty sure that we will go 3 atb because of their set piece threat 

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I hate to say this but I think Rodgers is running tielemans into the ground , with Pratt out he has no one else to play in that CM position, I can’t believe we have not brought some one in to help with the up coming matches , 

Tielemans dictates the pace of any game he plays. If he needs a rest, he takes it mid game and makes sure the other 21 players follow suit ;)

Games are a stroll for him in the position we play him. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Struggled? Possibly should have scored 7! Should have been 2 up before Brentford scored in the 6th minute....

You seem to have missed the entire point of his post then focused on one tiny section of it. X 

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Can't drop the Foff for this one, need the aerial bite, might go to a 3 in the second half if leading.

Kevin probably has to start, but Under is a great weapon to bring on once they have been run to death by the blessed Sharky.

I agree with this but surely by now, common sense has to prevail from set pieces also ie ditch for the most part any zonal marking nonsense. Common sense dictates that where you an obvious aerial threat like Calvert-Lewin, you don't give a Tielemans or Barnes the responsibility of a zone that he's operating in from a corner, he requires a Fofana, Evans or Ndidi. Sometimes obvious practically beats coaching theory.

• Like 2

Rodgers seems to know what he is doing.  The team seems to know what it is doing.

Except at corners.  Maybe we should have 100% possession to help avoid giving away corners.

We seem to be as good as anyone right now .  Everton are streetwise and a threat.  Our fluency and variation are such that hopefully we will not miss Vardy too much.

14 hours ago, M0901 said:

I thought either was correct!

Yeah, it is to be fair, I'm just being pedantic. It started as "champing" but evolved through misuse to include "chomping" but to those even more pedantic than I, allegedly chomping is not properly substitutable for champing for some grammatical reason. Have at it :P

26 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

You said struggled......we clearly didn't......

First of all no I didn’t say it it was someone else’s post I was just commenting on your reply. Secondly he was actually defending the team in general. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He wants to bring someone in ....it’s not that easy 

feeling pretty sure that we will go 3 atb because of their set piece threat 

Let's face it - if we were playing Snow White's lot, we'd still concede from set pieces!

6 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Two things. One is that we are trying to bring someone in, but it's not as easy as you might think. I think if it happens, it will likely be on deadline day or near it, as the selling/lending club runs out of hope of bigger or better bids coming in. The other is that Youri seems to be more fit the more he plays. He needs to play a lot to be at his best.

• Like 4