Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I am so not sure who I would select....but so whatever B.Rodgers decide, I will see as a good selection....

Even welcome Gray back into the fold,if Rodgers decides, he deserves it...!!

Individuals will have their own ideas & favourite set-up...but with these various fan tweets on selection  is showing us now how strong

our squad actually  is.    Top players Coming back, slowly being nursed, getting match fit and straight into team rythme...

We have seen  youngsters Knocking on the door, a couple actually ,Knocking that Bloody door down...!!!

Just consider...

Justin comes in from within..solves both FB positions even WB, if asked..!!

Thomas. Comes in, proves he is reliable cover.

Fofana/Castagna...both come in quietens any back line panic..

Fofana  & Justin could Now  be suprisingly competing for fans POS..

Mendy...Rekindles his City career, holds that DM-position & plays us into those Top 4 positions, early in the season..

Under..when selected not let himself or Team down, high caliber moments when called upon, unfortunate injury & Knock at the wrong time.

Albrighton ..The legend keeps giving...what a hidden Quiet gem, who Never fails to carry the banner..

Shows Under, Maybe even Barnes, what is expected..

Soyuncu returns, Riccardo returns, Evans seems to be Finding a 2nd wind after nagging injuries...

giving Rodgers a positive sort of headache...

N'didi returns...comes back immediate with top performances...

Tielemans...The ever present...if N'didi is the holding dynamo, then Tieleemans is the Front 6 Dynamo and gives the team the forward movement tact.

Tielemans also candidate for POS.

Maddison, After being nursed back into the team, proving he is becoming that high octane driving force...Twins well with Tielemans..

Barnes..just keeps getting better

Team...and this is important .Of late not depending on Vardy,  other players taking responsibility around the Penalty box...

Across and through the lines & channels,even with injury interuptions

has slowly found consistency & hitting that high quality interfacing regularity..

We can Ride slow starts, and carry mistakes & mishaps.  we have goals in & around the team.

When you put it like that......this team takes my breath away.  What a time to be a Fox!

Not sure sticking a right winger who's never played up front into the no.9 position is a great idea. 

It'll be the usual 10 plus Perez. We need to cut off the supply line to the front 3, get Maddison as involved as possible and make sure we get someone on the end of whatever we can create. 

Gonna be a close one. A win would be phenomenal. 

When Vardy is not fit I would play Under instead of Albrighton. MA is defo in our best 11 on form, but I feel his strengths suit team balance with movement of JV. 
Whereas with Perez as CF, Under gives more balance / required

I reck MA starts v Everton and is then subbed after 61 mins for Under after we don’t create many chances 

Edited by Steve shinner
  • Like 4

Still cant get my head around why people always want to drop Marc Albrighton?  Martin Keown on motd against Chelsea, did a brilliant analysis of him of what valuable attributes he brings to LCFC.  His tenacity,drive, wearing his heart on his sleeve is second to none.  He assisted both goals against Chelsea.  He is worth a starting place plus defensively I would say he is certainly better than Under, Perez.

• Like 2

Big big game this. Win it and there a significant gap starting to form over the Europa league spots. Lose and Everton are only 3 points behind us with two games in hand. 

As an aside with fans this is probably the game with the most edge to it now given Everton fans' weird obsession with us. 

Would take a draw. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if Brendan switches Justin and Castagne for this one. Think Justin is better relatively than Castagne on the left, has great link up with Barnes, and Castagne on the right matches Barnes running/ carrying power on the left as Brendan has previously mentioned. 

But it’s whether Brendan would rather switch Justin to RB to match Richarlison, similar to the job he did on Rashford and Son as that very advanced LW. That would also mean we could transition to more of a back 3 with Justin as RCB and Marc providing cover against the attack minded Digne. Another key of this switch is that it would double up Castagne and Barnes on that left hand side against James who has already been found out defensively on that side and potentially Holgate or Godfrey out of position at RB for them, or Coleman who isn’t as quick as he once was. 

Either that or Brendan will keep it the same and focus on what we do best. As others have said winning that midfield battle will be key as I feel that’s where we got overrun/ outmuscled last time against these lot but with Wilf back in midfield and them missing Doucoure and Allan we should hopefully have the edge there. Going to be a close game and would take a draw to keep the gap between us the same but think we’ll edge it 2-1 Leicester.

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Can we stop describing Perez as a false 9 just because it sounds trendy. He’s not a false 9, he’s a number 10 that’s playing up front. Two very different things

Spot on.  Just hipster crap.  We don't play with a false nine and we're not going to learn a new way of playing just because we don't have a proper forward for a couple of weeks.  This idea of a false nine is just spouted because no one has any confidence that Perez can play as a proper nine.

Fair point tjb .Vardy is a 9 .Nacho is a withdrawn 9 and anyone else not a 9 at all !

beating these would open a little space up behind us.If we keep making 10 chances a game we should get at least a couple of goals.Brentford game I watched back and we had at least 12 decent chances. 

I'd stick with the last time as the last league game.

But prefer Iheanacho over Perez to start, just.

-

Don't understand Everton to be honest; they're likely to finish 7th/8th, again, irrespective of them having a Champions League-winning manager at the helm.

Barring three players, at most, they've got an average squad.

Just don’t concede early and I’m sure whatever side we put out we will pick them off at some stage with our extra quality. I just fear a headed goal from a set piece being our undoing and them then sitting back playing for a dour 1-0. Wilf gives us extra height from the first game against them but I wouldn’t be amazed if Brendan goes with 3 centre halves for this game to help nullify their main threat.  As others have already said a draw will be a decent result here in the scheme of things. 

this will be a big test of where we are at. everton bought some decent players in and they have a bit of fire in their belly like we do..

if we come through this test unscathed then it’s game on for a 2nd or 3rd place finish!

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's also genuinely quite strong and good at holding the ball.

Strange, I see that as the absolute weakest part of his game. Even if I was to concede that he may have a certain amount of technical ability, to hear the word 'strength' and Perez in the same sentence is an alien concept. He's about as strong as an aged nun's fart.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Strange, I see that as the absolute weakest part of his game. Even if I was to concede that he may have a certain amount of technical ability, to hear the word 'strength' and Perez in the same sentence is an alien concept. He's about as strong as an aged nun's fart.

Fair enough, I would personally put him down as our second strongest forward behind Barnes now that we've sold Slimani!

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Big big game this. Win it and there a significant gap starting to form over the Europa league spots. Lose and Everton are only 3 points behind us with two games in hand. 

As an aside with fans this is probably the game with the most edge to it now given Everton fans' weird obsession with us. 

Would take a draw. 

You’ll take what you’re given mate. 

So that’ll be 1-3 to us. Happy days. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Can we stop describing Perez as a false 9 just because it sounds trendy. He’s not a false 9, he’s a number 10 that’s playing up front. Two very different things

Why isn’t he a false number 9? If we’ve got no 9 then he can’t be a 10. So if he’s the 9 but he’s not a proper 9 then he must be a false 9. Makes perfect sense to me 😂

On 24/01/2021 at 22:37, kiwiturk said:

I know you don't need with the winning team but who Albrighton will to connect to ?

Albrighton's primary mission was the to find and deliver to Vardy and now he is out of for 4 weeks, the real question is who will be more beneficial for Foxes.

I would say 50-50. Start with the Albrighton and sub him with the Cengiz.

...are you sure about this, or speculating!!!

I thought it was 10 days.