Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

Massive game. I'd take the draw personally as that would be 7 points from 9 out of Saints, Chelsea and Everton, but we are playing well enough to win.

They did a number on us in the first game and totally controlled the game, a real rarity for us under Rodgers as usually we have control but don't score in losses. Therefore Perez as the false 9 might be good, he can drop in to add another player to midfield to get that control back. Last time when we played we hardly looked like scoring yet alone winning. A different approach might pay off.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, bart said:

This is what I was asking in the Vardy thread. Wasn't there a match we tried this fairly unsuccessfully last season? 

Might allow Under to play on the left.

Barnes is the most similar to Vardy with his direct running, pace etc so it could work he can also score with both feet

something like      

Barnes 

Perez                  Under

Anyone else not worried about Vardy’s absence? We’re a well-oiled and we’ll drilled side from the bottom and midfield and when we have so much nous and quality in those fields, it shines through at the other end of the pitch. I just feel that we’re that strong where it doesn’t matter who plays in for Vardy, it won’t significantly affect us. I like having Perez playing the false 9 circa Fabregas Spain 2012 position as he brings in everyone around him in play. I’m quietly confident about how we conduct ourselves whilst Vardy is away from the side.

• Like 4

Was wondering how many Barnes up front shouts there'd be. Still at least nobody has suggested Ricardo or Soyuncu yet in this thread at least. 

I'd stay with Perez again as a false 9, and try and get Barnes and Maddison closer to him and put onus on the full backs to bomb on.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

Given our good run of late, a win would be expected. But it's just one of those games where I don't know which Leicester will turn up.

I guess a 1-1 draw, think both teams will cancel each other out to a certain degree. And without a recognised striker in any kind of form, our options will be limited. Know Vardy may well be back in 2 weeks, earlier than expected, these are the times when a prolific backup striker is needed.

Schmeichel

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Castagne

Tielemans - Ndidi

Under - Maddison - Barnes

Perez

The midfield battle will determine the outcome of this game again imo, at the King Power their midfield dominated ours, Doucoure who played well that game, is of course suspended for this one, that could be a big plus for us, plus Ndidi will of course play in CM, unlike last time where he had to step in at CB.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Under doesn’t start; however after today I think he’s earned the right to start a Premier League game. Albrighton has been excellent, but he’s far more effective when Vardy plays.

I wouldn't move Barnes. Keep everyone else in their natural positions and play Perez or Nacho instead of Vardy. If the rest of the team play as well as they have been then there will be chances for whoever plays up top. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Maybe three CBs for this one so we’ve got some height from set pieces? 

kasper 

Castagne Evans Fof Soy justin

Ndidi Youri 

Madders

Perez    Barnes 

Highly doubt it will happen but

Kasper

Justin Fofana Soy

Ricardo Ndidi Tiele Castange

Under Madd Barnes

19 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Perez. Just because he didn't get on the score sheet today doesn't mean he wasn't good up front. 

He was making shots, got a few on target, and had good movement off the ball.

He really wasn't good. Weak and pathetic. His shots were poor as well. Moving around energetically is the very least you should expect from a professional footballer. A returning from injury Cenzig Under had more influence in one game than Perez has done in his last few appearances. To say he's better down the middle than on the wing merely means in reality that he's not quite as bad. I don't see him as being good enough or being able to contribute anything for even the poorest team in the Premiership. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He really wasn't good. Weak and pathetic. His shots were poor as well. Moving around energetically is the very least you should expect from a professional footballer. A returning from injury Cenzig Under had more influence in one game than Perez has done in his last few appearances. To say he's better down the middle than on the wing merely means in reality that he's not quite as bad. I don't see him as being good enough or being able to contribute anything for even the poorest team in the Premiership. 

You say that but he was Newcastle’s star player, and they’re not the worst team in the prem.

I really don’t understand everyone wanting to change so much. Firstly 5 at the back clearly hampered us and were much better when back to 4.

We havnt conceded from open play in 5 games with 4 at the back so it’s clearly not helping us defensively.

I also don’t get the Barnes as a striker thing.

he’s not a natural finisher. He doesn’t understand the position as well and he’s much better at drifting and taking the winger of the opposition deeper.

Same team as vs Chelsea except Vards obviously.

Kasper

Castange Fofana Evans Justin

Ndidi Tielemens

Albrighton Madders Barnes

Perez/Nacho

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Perez. Just because he didn't get on the score sheet today doesn't mean he wasn't good up front. 

He was making shots, got a few on target, and had good movement off the ball.

Wont disagree with any of your post. Did anyone else notice how he looked really wracked off about something throughout the second half - particularly when he was subbed off. Did I miss something?

43 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It’s all about opinions...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Highly doubt it will happen but

Kasper

Justin Fofana Soy

Ricardo Ndidi Tiele Castange

Under Madd Barnes

Madders as a false 9? Interesting... why not when he’s in this form in front of goal!

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

I don’t understand these calls. Unbeaten in 8, conceded 5 since we returned to a back 4. The three cbs clearly hinders us going forward too. Carry on as we are, let the opposition worry about us.

Because we’ve lost to them before this season and it’s an easy game for us to slip in. We aren’t continuing as we were regardless as we don’t have Vardy so perhaps some caution isn’t a bad idea?

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Maybe three CBs for this one so we’ve got some height from set pieces? 

kasper 

Castagne Evans Fof Soy justin

Ndidi Youri 

Madders

Perez    Barnes 

Maybe. Although personally I think our woes from corners are more to do with the goalkeeper than the defence...

• Like 1

Kasper 

Castagne  Evans  Fofana  Justin 

Ndidi Tielmans 

Maddison 

Ricardo         Barnes 

Perez  

Thats what I’d go with. You have the flexibility of changing system and playing with 3 cb - Evans, fofana and Justin. So having the 2 wing backs if you do that. 

• Like 2