Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

Dacoure and Allan both out for them, having a read through their forum they all seem very confident as long as they can keep Maddison quiet, which is fair enough I suppose given how easy we made it for them in the last game

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Till back in training 10 days

He'll back for the Wolves game in some capacity.

Brendan literally said yesterday he'll be back training in 10 days and available a few days days after that. 

Edited by Stevosevic

Just now, Long Eaton Fox said:

May need the extra height against everton though

So you’d advocate dropping a winning formula  which has taken us to the summit? However briefly it was. No matter the height we have, we will not successfully defend set pieces. That needs addressing on the training field rather than changing our whole system. At least that’s this arm chair managers views lol  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

So you’d advocate dropping a winning formula  which has taken us to the summit? However briefly it was. No matter the height we have, we will not successfully defend set pieces. That needs addressing on the training field rather than changing our whole system. At least that’s this arm chair managers views lol  

Horses for courses ?

We have been honking against Everton under Rodgers, especially in the 2 games since Ancelotti arrived. I think we will look to write a few wrongs and this seems to be the season we do it. They found the midfield battle way too easy before Xmas but it ought to be different this time around. We also have a stronger defence to cope with their front 3, it would be nice not to gift Richarlison his standard free goal in the first half too.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I wouldn't necessarily advocate it but we're going to be without arguably our most important piece in the puzzle for the next few games.

Happy to give Perez a go at False 9 but it would be the daftest idea to change it up all things considering.

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Id be loathe to change system when we consider we are what 7-9 games unbeaten playing 4 atb. 

I agree however we are going to do it sooner or later against a team when it makes sense tactically.. when that is who know.

There have been observations about Albrighton basically being on the winning side nearly every time he plays.  It's a great effort. What I would say though, go back and look at the teams we put out when we lost games this season, including the Everton game.

Basically,  If ndidi starts CDM and we have 2 of our 3 first choice Centre backs starting, I think we are winning most of those games and probably not losing any....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

May need the extra height against everton though

I don't think it's necessarily the height of our team that's been a problem, more the actual use and organisation of the height that we have at our disposal at corners. A clue for this game would be to put one of our big men on Calvert-Lewin and one on Mina and Keane. Fofana, Evans and Ndidi should be ample for that task.