Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

Kasper

Castagne  Evans   Fofana   JJ

Wilf      Youri

Sharky      Maddison    Barnes

Ayoze

Subs: Ward, Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas, Ricardo, Mendy, Hamza, Under, Nacho

No point messing with it. I think we should be aiming to control the midfield if they're without Allan and Doucoure.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, sdb said:

Can we go 90 mins without conceding a corner of free kick in our third? Because that has to be the aim 😅🤮

Hard to see them not scoring off a set piece, given their huge height advantage. They've scored off set pieces in the last 2 games against us. 

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying you didn’t praise him a few weeks ago, just don’t think your first post was a reasonable account of his performance. 

He played well today without scoring, our front 4 looked fluid linking up play with one another.

Certainly don’t think his ‘reverting to type’ or average game is him ‘over playing, losing the ball, falling over, weak in the challenge....’, I think his average game or reverting to type is him linking up the play like today as part of a good attacking unit. He took up some good positions in the box too, he’ll score goals in the 9 role if he keeps playing like that. 

Perez did not play well today. He was average at best. As an attacking player surely we expect him to beat a man, play an incisive, do something to break the lines. He does sometimes manage to find space to receive the ball, but he lacks any penetration. If his performance today constitutes playing well then we are in trouble.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thought he did really well today. Would perhaps do it the other way round personally. Start with Albrighton for his work rate and defensive qualities then, when they're perhaps not as fresh, bring Under on.

Both agree he needs game time. I'd rather see him start and get a feel in transitioning in games with the 1st team rather than a sub. He is good. Your right, he did well today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thought he did really well today. Would perhaps do it the other way round personally. Start with Albrighton for his work rate and defensive qualities then, when they're perhaps not as fresh, bring Under on.

Agreed. Sharky doesn't deserve to be dropped, his defensive work is important in an away game like this, and also, Under would be more effective against tired legs. Start Kevin, bring Under on last 20 or 30 if needed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you'll find I actually praised him when Rodgers first bought him back a few weeks ago. He played behind Vardy and played some nice balls and looked for him, a little more aggressive. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason he's reverted to type. Over playing, losing the ball, falling over, weak in the challenge, not seemingly being aware at times where his team-mates are. Looks busy but without impact. 

Sounds like Shinji and he was loved

• Like 2

I know you don't need with the winning team but who Albrighton will to connect to ?

Albrighton's primary mission was the to find and deliver to Vardy and now he is out of for 4 weeks, the real question is who will be more beneficial for Foxes.

I would say 50-50. Start with the Albrighton and sub him with the Cengiz.

Edited by kiwiturk

I think Under is more likely to put us on the front foot early on as he is more aggressive going forwards.  Slightly risky playing him from the off rather than Kevin, but he has to get started somewhere.  May as well be in this game.  Him and Castagne down the right could prove very effective.  I'd rather try Ricardo second half than Kevin and keep us on the front foot when using subs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M0901 said:

You say that but he was Newcastle’s star player, and they’re not the worst team in the prem.

He may have been their star player but he's not ours. What does he bring to the table? He's not fast, not strong, not more than averagely skilful, not good in the air, not a good tackler; he does not have a powerful shot or carry a real goal threat. Nor does he show particular intelligence - he often misses the obvious pass (the failure to lay on that open goal for Vardy). He does however display a remarkable ability to loose possession, usually by dribbling into trouble rather than releasing the ball in time. Rogers' faith on him surprises me - it's probably down to the fact that he pressed for him to be signed. Fitting Under in somewhere is probably our best bet while Vards is absent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goober said:

Frightening from set pieces these, didn't realised they'd scored another 2 from corners today lol

In trouble in that regard

Was literally about to say the same thing... I’m concerned, think we will concede from a corner - be surprised if we come away with 3 points but I’ve been surprised a lot recently 

Edited by lcfceaves

Right then - we owe this lot a right proper ass whooping! Our lads need no more motivation than the way we let them off at the KP. Lets get into them from the 1st whistle, turn the screw, step up the gears with a full on assault of their goal. Shock and awe time. We have the weapons and the muscle. The only thing I hope Rogers works our team on is defending the set pieces. We still look dodgy and now everybody in the league knows it so we have to expect trouble. Just need to be more organized and confident. It can be done surely? 

Can't believe so many are suggesting a line-up without Albrighton, who's inclusion in the team has coincided with our significant up turn in form. Bredan clearly now likes him and he was basically rested against Brentford.

I imagine the same starting 11 as the Chelsea match, with the necessity of Perez or Nacho replacing Vardy.

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

Was literally about to say the same thing... I’m concerned, think we will concede from a corner - be surprised if we come away with 3 points but I’ve been surprised a lot recently 

Maybe we need to start Big Wes for this one