Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Squad rotation

If you get anxious about football don’t look at our fixtures for the next month. 

from now until the end of feb we will play twice a week. We are going to have to adapt quite a lot and cope with the loss of a fair few players. 

From our current situation if you were to make a plan what games would you be looking to switch things up. Are there any games where switches make sense? 

would you be comfortable fielding b teams in the fa cup or even the Europa? 

Brendan is going to have to really earn his dough to get through this period. 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If you get anxious about football don’t look at our fixtures for the next month. 

from now until the end of feb we will play twice a week. We are going to have to adapt quite a lot and cope with the loss of a fair few players. 

From our current situation if you were to make a plan what games would you be looking to switch things up. Are there any games where switches make sense? 

FA Cup should be least of the priorities.. play the kids.

• Like 3

Just now, weller54 said:

Nah…. I want an FA cup…

It then means that we have the domestic clean sweep of everything other than a 4th division championship 

We can then have funny shaped corner flags if memory serves me right?

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I think the FA Cup is achievable this year as it ever has been albeit not being able to enjoy the Wembley final etc does take a shine off of it.

That said, I do feel that BR has shown so far in the cup that he is wanting to win it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We don't need to. Still early in the season and the players have been working towards two games a week all season. 

Brendon and his team know when to rest players but like on Sunday we made 8 changes and still dominated the game. Brighton will make changes in the cup and so will we but the league and Europa you have to go full strength every week. 

Edited by goose2010

I seem to remember playing twice a week in the Championship regularly with a much smaller squad.

As for rotation it doesn't need a sledgehammer it needs a clear idea of who's playing how many games and how many they are capable of and tweaking the selection to suit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

No way. We can win it this season, it's a serious possibility. Look how stronger we are to last season when we got knocked out by Chelsea, we'd win that if we played that fixture now. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

No really Rodgers has done an amazing job in keeping the side fresh so far.

If rotation is needed, I'd prefer to swap one or two players every game or two.  Not play the same team for 6 in a row and then have to make 10 changes for one game, which will end up being a really important game (they all are at the moment).  Consistency is key.

• Like 2

Last time we had a run of fixtures like this was the first lot of Europa games. We had a makeshift back 5 and won all 6 games, including Leeds and Arsenal away. 

There’s no such thing as ‘the first team’ this season but Rodgers and the squad have proven to be pretty capable so far. Cause for optimism, even if every single game is tough. 

My only real concern at the moment is the Praet injury. Without him we struggle to rotate Madders & Youri. 

Not really worried about the rotation. We already had 2 games a week for 2 months during Europa League so we'll see Wes and Luke Thomas a little more. Ricky and Soyuncu are back. Maybe Brendan needs to find a way for JJ to have a rest. The problem is Vardy's injury. He only played 98' in the Europa group stage. As the teams get better with more emphasis on every game we really someone to fill his boots.

Only 4 midfield players have Played regularly...

Tielemans, Justin, Fofana,Barnes , Parts of Evans/Vardy, only the first two have seen the hard yards..All 4..young-guns. Last 2 oldies,Not played all games..

18 League games

3 English cup games.

6 European games...

Not much Need to panic, when yo consider, the traditional UK top 6, ( whoever) will See 55-64 games per season..I

Fans have to harden up a little and not be so squeamish...

I hate Bruno Fernandes but he actually went up in my estimation today when he was quoted as saying "I'm only 26 how can I be tired, I want to play"

People on here seem to have an obsession with players being rested or rotated. The bulk of our team are aged under 26,  so no reason at all why they cannot play in the majority of our matches including the FA Cup

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

I hate Bruno Fernandes but he actually went up in my estimation today when he was quoted as saying "I'm only 26 how can I be tired, I want to play"

People on here seem to have an obsession with players being rested or rotated. The bulk of our team are aged under 26,  so no reason at all why they cannot play in the majority of our matches including the FA Cup

I've never understood this. When I was in my teens and twenties, I would've played football all day if you let me and I've certainly been involved in kickabouts that have lasted 3+ hrs. Maybe by the time I was getting into my thirties, I'd start to feel it. 

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

26 is prime, players under 22 need to manage their bodies differently as they are still growing and developing muscles. Likewise 30+ wear and tear sets in. Evans and Fofana both need to be managed but in different ways. Cags returning to take the pressure off is immense.

Vardy despite appearing ageless is clearing struggling with knocks and strains, he's now out for a few weeks. Could that have been avoided if we had a viable alternative and he wasn't playing every minute of every game he could.

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I've never understood this. When I was in my teens and twenties, I would've played football all day if you let me and I've certainly been involved in kickabouts that have lasted 3+ hrs. Maybe by the time I was getting into my thirties, I'd start to feel it. 

Yes but after 2 hours you get a 10 minute break every time someone boots the ball too far and nobody can be arsed to get it.

What I'm saying is a kickabout is not as intense as playing football at the highest level. Owen is the prime example of a player playing too much too young and ending up being crocked by 26.

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Yes but after 2 hours you get a 10 minute break every time someone boots the ball too far and nobody can be arsed to get it.

What I'm saying is a kickabout is not as intense as playing football at the highest level. Owen is the prime example of a player playing too much too young and ending up being crocked by 26.

Wasn’t Owens downfall down to repetitive serious knee injuries? ACL if I remember. That ain’t down to wear and tear. That’s impact. But agree re: rest of post. 

Edited by casablancas

10 minutes ago, Captain... said:

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Wasn’t Owens downfall down to repetitive serious knee injuries? ACL if I remember. That ain’t down to wear and tear. That’s impact. But agree re: rest of post. 

Maybe Ledley King is a better example. I think he also played too much too young and his knees were worn out early. He couldn't train because of it, but still played.

• Like 1