Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

We will **** them up again. They can't defend and they insist on throwing everyone forward bar the goal keeper. They will leave space in behind for Barnes and Under to exploit. I'd play kalechi for this one too, we could easily turn this lot over.

Far too much positivity on this forum which hardly ever results in a win!

Think this will be a lot tougher than last time, Leeds (on their day) are an excellent team who will press, press, press til the cows come home. They have the best pressing stats for the defensive third, middle third and final third - that's just insane! You would assume therefore that this would be the game where Vardy gets back on his game and gets a goa.. oh.

If we catch them on a good day then we'll have to be right at the top of our game and without Ndidi Mnsr Mendy will need to play out of his skin. I don't think we should start Under as we'll need a bit more defensive clout so would start Albrighton for this, but will hopefully see Cengiz in the second half to open them up a bit.

Whoever said their keeper is no good is just wrong, Meslier is a top, top keeper but he's young so does make a few mistakes. Some of his saves though are top drawer.

Having said all that we're going to win 10-0 with everyone scoring bar Kasper (who has a goal wrongly awarded to Nacho in the 93rd minute).

18 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Rest and rotation is going to be key over the next few weeks so would prefer to rotate a couple each week rather than wholesale changes for 1 game. So gone with 5 changes for this one, although wouldn’t be surprised if Brendan keeps Marc for this one due to Leeds attacking threat and swaps Ünder in for the Fulham game when we’re likely to need to break them down a bit more. But the below is what I’d go for. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Evans - Söyüncü - Justin 

Tielemans - Mendy

Ünder   -    Maddison   -    Barnes

Iheanacho 

Really like that, I'd star Perez though depending on half time result would bring on Castagne for Ricardo, and Nacho for Perez. 

18 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Literally my thoughts exactly. 

Promoted team at home after a good run of results with a lot of optimism around??? Where have I heard that before??

That particular side hadn’t won a match all season either prior to playing us IIRC whereas Leeds definitely have 

On 28/01/2021 at 07:00, Bptiger said:

Ur kidding , ur leaving evans out , he is the mainstay of our side . He cleans up so much , he is also a leader , the three u have at the back are all young they need a leader .

This is based on him still being injured

5 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Far too much positivity on this forum which hardly ever results in a win!

Think this will be a lot tougher than last time, Leeds (on their day) are an excellent team who will press, press, press til the cows come home. They have the best pressing stats for the defensive third, middle third and final third - that's just insane! You would assume therefore that this would be the game where Vardy gets back on his game and gets a goa.. oh.

If we catch them on a good day then we'll have to be right at the top of our game and without Ndidi Mnsr Mendy will need to play out of his skin. I don't think we should start Under as we'll need a bit more defensive clout so would start Albrighton for this, but will hopefully see Cengiz in the second half to open them up a bit.

Whoever said their keeper is no good is just wrong, Meslier is a top, top keeper but he's young so does make a few mistakes. Some of his saves though are top drawer.

Having said all that we're going to win 10-0 with everyone scoring bar Kasper (who has a goal wrongly awarded to Nacho in the 93rd minute).

They won't be able to press, press, press against us, otherwise we with absolutely destroy them. The only was to stop us (unless we are being shit) is put in a deep block. Leeds simply won't do this, coupled with the fact they can't defend if we play like we did second half against Everton, it will be a blood bath. 

We are a nightmare for Leeds, they might huff and puff, may even score a goal, but we will absolutely savage them, they simply can't cope with the way we play. It wasn't Vardy that caused the issues last time anyway, it was out full backs and Barnes. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Literally my thoughts exactly. 

Promoted team at home after a good run of results with a lot of optimism around??? Where have I heard that before??

i mean how does optimism on foxestalk affect on actual game? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tsintskaro said:

i mean how does optimism on foxestalk affect on actual game? 

Just about to post the same thing.  So long as the players don't underestimate a game or get cocky (which they won't), as if a pre-match thread on a fans forum will impact the result.

I'm not as confident as some with this game, I think Leeds have a big win away from home against someone good in them and it hasn't happened yet. 

They'll give us chances of course, which is encouraging but we struggle when teams put pressure on us sometimes and Mendy in particular is not as good when he's got men running around him. We countered that last time with the 5 at the back but not sure we will this time. 

11 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

i didn't say it did! 

so whats the problem? they are shite  to be honest, especially if you are not bottom side

we have higher chance to win and it does not mean we are not gonna lose

thats it the optimism 

• Like 1

cannot for the life of me understand some posters who like the media rate Leeds so highly?  They really are not that good.  Their keeper is at best erratic and their defence is woeful.  Media and Bielsa love in is a joke.  They are capable of scoring however they always give the opposition plenty of chances.....hence why you get scorelines of 4 3, 3, 2 against them.

Truth is if we turn up play as we did second half aginst Everton we should win.

14 hours ago, Pub breath said:

Very young so does make the odd error but he's made something like the third most saves in the league, he's busy and more exposed than most.  Thus, he's more likely to make the odd error.  Mostly, he's been outstanding and very rarely gets beaten with shots he should save.  The errors are usually distribution or command of area errors.

Will become one of the best in the world in a few years, it's incredibly rare to be as good as he is at 20.

One of the best in the world? You’re having a laugh. Maybe in the same way Bielsa is one of the best managers in the world. 
There are few worse goal keepers in the Premier League. Third most saves means nothing, most mislead stat - without looking who are the two ahead of him? Sam Johnson and Areola? The teams with the worst defences have keepers who make more saves.

If Leeds had a better goalkeeper they would be about 10 points better off.

Despite his approach to the game, Bielsa must take quite big credit in taking them to the top-flight again.

They, under their previous owner Massimo Cellino (who is dodgy as owners can come), appointed and sacked quite a few people in failing to take them back to this league.

*Am sure, as I'm posting this, Bielsa is in his bedroom in a small flat in Leeds somewhere browsing through numerous clips of LCFC's games..:whistle:

17 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I hear the security at the new training ground are reviewing CCTV of a moving hedge. For legal reasons I won't air my suspicions or point any fingers, let's just say the glasses and the tendency to stop every now and then to sit on a bucket gave it away.

Actual still image from the dressing room:

D1661D5B-DB13-471A-9539-6FD739577E96.jpeg

• Haha 2