Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

I'm firmly on team Play Under but I'd bet a decent amount of cash Rodgers will play Albrighton because he'll want his defensive work against what's perceived to be a free attacking Leeds. 

They're so shit defensively I think he'll back us to break them down regardless. 

• Like 3

Rest and rotation is going to be key over the next few weeks so would prefer to rotate a couple each week rather than wholesale changes for 1 game. So gone with 5 changes for this one, although wouldn’t be surprised if Brendan keeps Marc for this one due to Leeds attacking threat and swaps Ünder in for the Fulham game when we’re likely to need to break them down a bit more. But the below is what I’d go for. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Evans - Söyüncü - Justin 

Tielemans - Mendy

Ünder   -    Maddison   -    Barnes

Iheanacho 

• Like 1

Not one for changing formation usually but I wonder if with Wilf out we might go 352. Mendy certainly looks a better player in that system? Something like.........

Schmeichel

Soys  Evanses  Fofs 

Justins                           Castags

Papyss

Tieles         Madders

Barnseys
             Perezeses

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted these before but they still stand out. Put simply our Prem record when Albrighton features and when he doesn’t.

With - P14 W11 D2 L1 (the Liverpool game).

Without - P6 W1 D1 L4.

We average 2.5 points per game when he plays. Yeah he only played a few mins in a couple of those early wins, but otherwise only N’Didi’s numbers compare. Think (but might be wrong) we’ve only conceded 11 goals when he’s been on the pitch, three of those to Liverpool, as many as conceded in the six games he didn’t play.

I get why people want to see Under, but if anyone else was producing what Albrighton’s doing in terms of results they’d be considered undroppable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Not one for changing formation usually but I wonder if with Wilf out we might go 352. Mendy certainly looks a better player in that system? Something like.........

Schmeichel

Soys  Evanses  Fofs 

Justins                           Castags

Papyss

Tieles         Madders

Barnseys
             Perezeses

Would agree with it as Leeds don’t change their style and that formation was very effective against them last time!

I am somewhat out of the loop, because I couldn't catch the 2nd half against Everton, but I thought Albrighton looked pretty good in the first half. I guess his main attacking threat is lost without Vardy in the lineup, but I would like his defensive work rate in what might be a free flowing end-to-end game against Leeds. 

How was Under against Everton?

Edited by Detroit Blues

Kasper 

Castagne   Fofana  Evans  Justin   

Ndidi    Tielmans 

Maddison 

Ricardo   Under     Barnes 

If Evans and Ndidi are out I’d start with Soyuncu and Mendy. Let the front 3 mix up as to who plays the central role. 

17 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

You're right, i don't, but every time i have he has looked a liability. 

Very young so does make the odd error but he's made something like the third most saves in the league, he's busy and more exposed than most.  Thus, he's more likely to make the odd error.  Mostly, he's been outstanding and very rarely gets beaten with shots he should save.  The errors are usually distribution or command of area errors.

Will become one of the best in the world in a few years, it's incredibly rare to be as good as he is at 20.

Edited by Pub breath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kasper 
Castange Soyuncu Evans Justin

Fofana Tielemens

Madders

Under Nacho Barnes

Think Nacho must start over Perez.

Fofana would be great in there and enable us to keep 433.

Only close one of me is Albrighton or Under. Really really rate albrighton for how he’s played but vs a Leeds team who are a bit gun ho, I’d like to see Under run at them and see what he can do.

There’s an argument to start Albrighton and bring Under on, either choice is ok for me and won’t have much of an impact on the result.

The biggest impact will be if Wilf plays or not, if he’s out Id love to see Fofana in there. It could be a master stroke if it works and worth a go, can’t hurt at all and gives height and physicality into the high energy team Leeds constantly show.

Playing a 5 at the back is ruining our strengths and playing 433 with Mendy is asking for to be hammered.

Edited by deanolegend1989

15 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I'm seen nothing in Leeds's performance to suggest the outcome will be another thumping in favour of Leicester City. Shall we say 3/4-0?

14 hours ago, casablancas said:

I think we may give them a good old thrashing. We are on it and we are very very good. With or without Vardy we have more than enough to send these lot crying into their Hovis. 

Cheers fellas ........

Posts of this nature of tend to guarantee a tight game and v rarely the thumping win!