Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Leeds Pre Match

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we do end up going back to three at the back, it will be interesting to see what three he picks. Soyuncu has never been great in a back three, would Rodgers start him anyway?

probably..

Fofona Soy Justin

Ricardo                        Castange

Kasper

Fofona Soy Justin

Ricardo                        Castange

Maddison Telemans

Under                         Barnes

Nacho

• Haha 1

As much as they will give us space I do still worry about playing them. If they get it right they will cause us all ends of problems. 

Between this and Fulham we probably have to make some changes to keep players fresh. But we need to be winning both of them if we want to keep in touch at the top.

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

As much as they will give us space I do still worry about playing them. If they get it right they will cause us all ends of problems. 

Between this and Fulham we probably have to make some changes to keep players fresh. But we need to be winning both of them if we want to keep in touch at the top.

Exactly my thoughts - we will qualify for CL if we repeat our form against the bottom half in my view but Leeds have the ability to click like no other team in the bottom half. When they get it right, they get it very right 

I expect Evans to be ok for Sunday unless it's more serious, like concussion, Then he might be rested as a precaution.

I don't think we'll see NDiddi for a game or two so as not to aggravate his injury. 

We really need to win this against a tricky opponent. The best way is to keep them as far away from our goal as possible.

So we have to win the Midfield battle, With Wilf likely out I'd go with either Ricardo or Fofana in there and leave Soyuncu alongside Evans.

Or you could even try Soyuncu in M/F as his passing was exceptionally good last night.

If we can seize the initiative then I think we will go on to win again which is what we need to keep our challenge up.

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Kasper

Pereira - Fofana - Soyuncu - Justin

Mendy - Tielemans

Under - Maddison - Barnes

Perez

That's on the basis that Ndidi and Evans are out, and it's a good chance to get Pereira back in the side and give him a full 90 on home turf. Will no doubt find lots of space to attack in as Leeds love to get their defenders up the pitch.

I love how direct Under is, especially seeing it tonight when he came on. Gives us on the right what Barnes can give us on the left. 

This but with Nacho in for Perez 

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Kasper

Pereira - Fofana - Soyuncu - Justin

Mendy - Tielemans

Under - Maddison - Barnes

Perez

That's on the basis that Ndidi and Evans are out, and it's a good chance to get Pereira back in the side and give him a full 90 on home turf. Will no doubt find lots of space to attack in as Leeds love to get their defenders up the pitch.

I love how direct Under is, especially seeing it tonight when he came on. Gives us on the right what Barnes can give us on the left. 

Great team, only 1 change for me, bring in the unknown quantity of Wakeling from the U23s in place of Perez (not an out & out striker) we need someone pressing the opponents defence leaving our goal scoring midfielders to pick off the chances. 
Up the City... :scarf:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Love how this entire thread just assumes that Leeds will set up and play in EXACTLY the same way as the first fixture. 

To be honest they stick pretty much to Bielsa idea of football, the will not be doing an Everton and parking the bus.