Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Im sure this has been mentioned at some stage but the lack of correct pronunciation by paid professionals commentating on our games is appalling. 

Savage must have commentated on 6 Leicester games yet he still calls Kelechi 'Innyacho'. 

And the other guy calls him Ihenacha, that winds me up even more. 

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I wish that commentators and especially co-commentators would realise that it's ok just to say nothing sometimes. 

If you listen to a match with with non English commentary it’s noticeable that they don t constantly talk rubbish and leave gaps in between . Just say players name without some idiotic story about them

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

I wish that commentators and especially co-commentators would realise that it's ok just to say nothing sometimes. 

The great Richie Benaud had this down as an art form. Sometimes the commentator needs to just let the action play out for the viewer.

• Like 2

On 25/02/2021 at 10:47, Collymore said:

Barry Davies was the first football commentator to apply that rule.    He started off his career in the style at the time of talking too much, but later on mastered the art of saying nothing, when there was nothing to add.

Richie Benaud (cricket) was, of course, the greatest at that.   Absolute brilliant commentator.  RIP.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Barry Davies was the first football commentator to apply that rule.    He started off his career in the style at the time of talking too much, but later on mastered the art of saying nothing, when there was nothing to add.

Richie Benaud (cricket) was, of course, the greatest at that.   Absolute brilliant commentator.  RIP.

Maahvellous - g'd effort that I thought.

• Haha 1

Adam Summerfield take note. At least with us being knocked out of the Europa League it means we don't have to listen to his constant nonsensical drivel anymore.

25 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Considering we were playing Arsenal, I thought Martin Keown was decent to listen to. Fairly balanced unlike the likes of Neville or Carragher. 

Not for me.

He was insufferable and was on a par with how McManaman is for Liverpool. Everything was about Arsenal today, for him. Very little insight in to the actual game or any impartiality.

• Like 1

Absolutely. Think some forget they're on TV and we can see what's happening. They don't need to fill every minute full of weird stats or comments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not for me.

He was insufferable and was on a par with how McManaman is for Liverpool. Everything was about Arsenal today, for him. Very little insight in to the actual game or any impartiality.

Yes him say quite early on "Leicester have a really set way of playing, 4-4-2." Yeah, for more or less the first time this season.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

BT Sport comboing their shitty Glen Hoddle based coverage with an update to their PS4 app, so a) you are forced to DL it before starting it and b) the first  thing it does it show a message saying they are aware that it is now crashing all the time, please don't contact them about it. It proceeds to crash constantly through the whole match. If those willy pullers are going to bump up their prices by CPI + several percent on top, any chance they could use that cash to actually test their shitty apps before releasing them, instead of replacing something that works with an absolute pile of buggy memory leaking dogshit? The legal streaming option that makes the lcrumbiest dodgy stream website look reliable in comparison.

Didn't mind Carragher today, when he's away from Liverpool matches and just a neutral he's far better.

Ridiculous as it sounds I think these commentators and pundits still underestimate how tough it is to play against Man City. They were clearly fired up, invariably they'll dominate the ball and teams are wary of being caught high up the pitch.

Not very exciting I grant you, sometimes it works but more often than not it doesn't. They are streets clear for a reason.

• Like 1