Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

Last night during the Burnley v Man City the commentator on MotD said after Man City's 2nd goal, "that's it, there's no coming back now!" (or words to that effect) with over half the game to go. It ws a ridiculous thing to say even if Man City on a hot streak and Burnley struggling. This is football and as Brian Clough said, it takes a second to score a goal. Of course fluke goals never happen and no one ever scores against the run of play.

With over 50 mins left the statement that a game is all over at 2-0 is extremely naive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Last night during the Burnley v Man City the commentator on MotD said after Man City's 2nd goal, "that's it, there's no coming back now!" (or words to that effect) with over half the game to go. It ws a ridiculous thing to say even if Man City on a hot streak and Burnley struggling. This is football and as Brian Clough said, it takes a second to score a goal. Of course fluke goals never happen and no one ever scores against the run of play.

With over 50 mins left the statement that a game is all over at 2-0 is extremely naive.

Yeah said it was a 'guarantee' now. Just watched it. Was surprised!

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Would have took Savage all day long last night, and it’s not because the co comm was a women, she just genuinely knew feck all.

Not a slight on her, as @Finneganmentioned not every commentator is gonna know stuff about your team, but Drury did carry her throughout. Awarding Nacho MOTM when Madders set up two goals and JJ had a game like he did was bizarre, although that’s not to say Kel played bad, was good to see him back amongst the goals and looking lively. 

So you're judging her merely on her MoM selection?

Iheanacho scored one and was heavily involved in the second goal - him being MoM wasn't a dreadful call.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Well Burnley certainly showed him with their response of 2 shots off target in the 2nd half.

Edited by filbertway

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Iheanacho scored one and was heavily involved in the second goal - him being MoM wasn't a dreadful call.

Not a dreadful call at all. He played really well as did JJ. Personally for me I’d give Youri motm but differing opinions are one of the great things about football. Excellent to choose from a number of stand outs.

15 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Would have took Savage all day long last night, and it’s not because the co comm was a women, she just genuinely knew feck all.

Not a slight on her, as @Finneganmentioned not every commentator is gonna know stuff about your team, but Drury did carry her throughout. Awarding Nacho MOTM when Madders set up two goals and JJ had a game like he did was bizarre, although that’s not to say Kel played bad, was good to see him back amongst the goals and looking lively. 

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Nacho was a great shout for MOTM because he had also come in from the cold with a big question mark hanging over his head. Yes, JJ and Madders played brilliantly but it's much easier when you've had a run of games and the fans and manager is fully behind you. 

As for the two commentators the other night....

I normally can't stand Drury, but because it was a game buried within another 9 he kind of seemed more relaxed which made him easier to listen to IMO. He winds me up something rotten when he's the centre piece in world cup final or something, everything is so forced and "I better get the perfect poetic soundbite for that"

The woman was really good I thought, they were a good mix. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fox seen in Norwich said:

How Naive of me to turn on sky sports 30 mins before Leicester kick off expecting to have talk of Leica vs wolves.

No it’s about sodding liver pool / Man City. Wtf!?!

You wouldn’t expect anything less would you?!? 😂 

Jamie Carragher was asked if anyone could stop Manchester City. Carragher - Only Liverpool! 😂 

You’d think they were 2nd and in great form. 

We still have 16 games to go. Any one of 6 teams could win it for me. A lot of football to play.

3 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

How Naive of me to turn on sky sports 30 mins before Leicester kick off expecting to have talk of Leica vs wolves.

It’s actually getting me to seriously consider sacking off sky altogether. 

2 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Was literally just about to say this. Even when Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal were bottom half or mid table at times they still spend hours and hours talking about them. 

I'm shocked no one has parodied the countless ex Man United players sat in a studio crying "that's not a Manchester United team I've just watched out there". Yes it is, they just don't have intimidated referees giving you defision after decision your own way any more. 

Its shocking that there's this narrative we all just have to accept. Life exists outside the top 6. Hang on, they're not even the top 6! Its shocking.

7 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

It definitely has the feeling of - today it’s Liverpool vs Man City!!! but while your waiting you may as watch these two. 

Don Goodman “I can’t believe leicester have scored so few from set pieces when they have the quality of Maddison’s delivery” 

Is this real life? Does he not think that this fictional Maddison set piece delivery is why we haven’t scored barely any goes from set pieces?!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why do they cut away from the live game to show players in the next match arriving at the ground?

This is modern football, where the match itself is only of interest insofar as it advances the narratives of the different celebrities playing or managing.