Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

47 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Terrible again tonight. The guy on main comms was OK, at best , but the Northern woman alongside him had obviously never seen us play before.

Same in the studio, Leon Osman was lazy and I've no idea who the presenter was. 

Osman mistake aside it’s a good point!

it never fails to make me laugh when they say Kelechi has pace to get in behind like Vardy...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s obvious that some people will criticise whatever happens in the commentary. So I guess it’s subjective really.

The last game on BT against Everton was very very bad in my opinion, but I thought it was fine today. Both the main commentator and co commentator we’re far less irritating that many recent matches. 

I don’t want the commentators to necessarily know all about us, but just commentate on the game in front of them. They did ok at that. 

You're right in that people's opinions of comms is very subjective. For instance Chris Sutton polarises a few. But in general everyone agrees when a comms has been bloody awful.

No one expects a comm to know everything about us, but a basic understanding of how we play isn't much to ask. In 15/20mins you can gather what we're about, and as a professional comm it's the least they can do. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought last night was fine yeah. People will complain regardless. 

I think there's definitely a point at which Leicester fans, particularly fans on here for whom LCFC is obviously more than a passing hobby, need to accept that just because these folks are professionals it doesn't mean they're going to know more than you. 

We all watch every minute of every game, we'll watch friendlies, we'd probably watch training sessions if we could. Some on here watch the u23s at every opportunity and the women's team when they can. We read blogs, twitter accounts, lcfc rumours, interviews, articles, this is the definitive place for LCFC content and we're probably better informed than anyone else. 

Major Leicester news is nearly always, always on here before it breaks by mainstream news organisations. 

So to complain every time a commentator or pundit says something you know to be wrong is just petty and boring. They're going to make mistakes, especially when we go through runs like this one where one network is broadcasting every single game of the round condensed over a couple of days, with five or six a night. They're going to end up scrapping the barrel a bit bringing out commentators who aren't regulars. 

Honestly, if you're the sort of person that sits there going "oh my god, this part time commentator doing their first ever LCFC game just said Perez was five foot six, he's clearly five foot ten!! Wait til I tell foxestalk this!" then you need to stop role-playing Comic Book Guy, put your phone down and just take a moment. 

For me personally, I don't expect them to know every small detail about the club and team. I get that is highly unlikely to happen. 

But, what I do expect is for the comms/pundit to have done a little reading. It's the lazy comments such as us being solely a counter attacking team  or other comments that even a touch of research would've shown to be wrong that annoy me. 

They have what many of us would class as a dream job, so when they clearly have put no work into looking at us as a club, many get rightly annoyed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Peter Drury did our game at Fulham. He's a wonderful wordsmith.

Lucy Ward was good too. Knows her stuff. Her partner is Neil Redfearn. Lovely couple.

Really impressed with Lucy Ward. She knew her stuff and had done research and not brought out the same old drivel like sav

• Like 2

Appalling behaviour by the 'Beeb' last night putting the 2016 EPL Champions on last. Managed to see it this morning on catch-up and the beauty of that is you can miss out all the dross beforehand. Others Clubs so overrated and yet Leicester City are so underrated by the media, however, we'll make the blighters sit up!!

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Appalling behaviour by the 'Beeb' last night putting the 2016 EPL Champions on last. Managed to see it this morning on catch-up and the beauty of that is you can miss out all the dross beforehand. Others Clubs so overrated and yet Leicester City are so underrated by the media, however, we'll make the blighters sit up!!

When you consider the kind of game it was compared to other games/shocks/results, it's really not worth getting so worked up about :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s obvious that some people will criticise whatever happens in the commentary. So I guess it’s subjective really.

The last game on BT against Everton was very very bad in my opinion, but I thought it was fine today. Both the main commentator and co commentator we’re far less irritating that many recent matches. 

I don’t want the commentators to necessarily know all about us, but just commentate on the game in front of them. They did ok at that. 

My thoughts exactly. Last week at Everton just stood out as bad for me. Usually I roll with it because but that one was, for me, awful.

This week was like night and day, though I admit I'm a Drury fanboy. He's from my formative years era of televised football. Euros, World Cups, UCL nights etc, so I do like him. Lucy Ward was just fine, as well. 

When you're stretching your resources over 10 games you are going to end up with lesser known people, and all I want them to do is a decent job. Besides, I'd rather have some than the past-his-best Tyler whittling away, opining on anything and everything.

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

When you consider the kind of game it was compared to other games/shocks/results, it's really not worth getting so worked up about :)

I'll talk to you, not because you said it, but to try and water down my absolute contempt for the 'poor me' nonsense you were responding to. There's a reason I eventually chose the 'ignore' option for this gentleman.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll talk to you, not because you said it, but to try and water down my absolute contempt for the 'poor me' nonsense you were responding to. There's a reason I eventually chose the 'ignore' option for this gentleman.

Maybe I've got an automatic 6th sense to bypass it usually lol

Last night's commentary was miles ahead in quality from last week.

The two best sets of commentators were Drury and Ward last night and Hutchinson and Warnock in the Stoke game. Good chemistry, not too much hyperbole, actually watching the game and clear delivery.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

Last night's commentary was miles ahead in quality from last week.

The two best sets of commentators were Drury and Ward last night and Hutchinson and Warnock in the Stoke game. Good chemistry, not too much hyperbole, actually watching the game and clear delivery.

Usually find Higginbotham quite good too, although think he's BBC so not sure how often we will hear him. 

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Usually find Higginbotham quite good too, although think he's BBC so not sure how often we will hear him. 

Danny Higginbotham was on Sky (and did a lot for talkSPORT too) but he's now based in the USA doing punditry there on PL games.

His level of prep was immense and his analysis was one of the absolute best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Whatever you say Leicester City are not afforded the credit they are due, they weren't even when we won the damned thing.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Danny Higginbotham was on Sky (and did a lot for talkSPORT too) but he's now based in the USA doing punditry there on PL games.

His level of prep was immense and his analysis was one of the absolute best.

Yes his analysis and awareness on what happens on a game reminded me of Pat Nevin.