Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

Used to like Danny Murphy when he first came on the scene as he used to give a fair assessment of all teams top to bottom. But like most pundits he has fallen into the 'only the top six matters' brigade.  Of which he doest see us as one of them.

What highlights this even more is that if any of the lower teams have an outstanding player he insists he should move to a top six side.

Murphy did this Mahrez week in week out on Motd.

Like listening to Darren Bent, didn't like him as player which I don't why but as a pundit he is a breath of fresh air.

Edited by stretch1965
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hammo said:

The best presenter/punditry combo on tv by a mile is James Richardson with Raphael Honigstein, Julien Laurens and James Horncastle for the Champions League goals show. Very knowledgable, funny and entertaining.

Not a dull, biased, Big Six-obsessed ex-pro in sight.

Love a good pun as well don't they lol 

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Agree with this massively. It seems he is on everything to do with the bbc and not just football. He offers nothing just seems very bland and cures my insomnia most saturday nights. I think bbc are shoehorning him to replace Lineker on MOTD when he calls it a day.

You put it better than me with one word ... Bland!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree, he seems to be a pundit who merely wants to tow an imaginary party line and not upset anyone. He never appears to have an original thought in history head. He just seems to be a bit of a pundit poster boy at the moment. 

I posted in the last match thread.  He’s frickin ubiquitous on telly just now.

BBC, BT, The One Show, Adverts, online.

I’m expecting him to pop up, wearing a dress and a bonnet in the next BBC Period Drama.

And he does say Trent.

And he obviously dislikes Leicester City.

The Twastard.

• Like 1

Neville has been so biased this evening.

Earlier he suggested Man United are clearly the better team.  lol

If I supported the Arse I would be wound up about it.  

It's fascinating to listen to because it's so bad.

21 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Neville has been so biased this evening.

Earlier he suggested Man United are clearly the better team.  lol

If I supported the Arse I would be wound up about it.  

It's fascinating to listen to because it's so bad.

They've usually got Alan Smith acting like Gunnersaurus so swings and roundabouts.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Loving this in depth pre match coverage, instead of Arsenal and Man United navel gazing lol

About Southampton- "Do you know they lost 9-0? And the manager stayed? Yeah, great. Danny Ings, he's scored some goals, he should move"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I posted in the last match thread.  He’s frickin ubiquitous on telly just now.

BBC, BT, The One Show, Adverts, online.

I’m expecting him to pop up, wearing a dress and a bonnet in the next BBC Period Drama.

And he does say Trent.

And he obviously dislikes Leicester City.

The Twastard.

I thought it was just me appearing to see him everywhere! Yet I could never reconcile myself to the fact that he always seems so inane and untalented. I thought it was just me being a belligerent sour old bloke!

(I acknowledge that I do fit that description a bit).

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

The best presenter/punditry combo on tv by a mile is James Richardson with Raphael Honigstein, Julien Laurens and James Horncastle for the Champions League goals show. Very knowledgable, funny and entertaining.

Not a dull, biased, Big Six-obsessed ex-pro in sight.

I met Raphael Honigstein when I was doing Sports Journalism at uni. Came in a few times to help us out and pass on a lot of tips, as did Guillem Balague, both really nice guys.

Not on commentary, but one of my favourite people to listen to talking about football is Tim Vickery. 

The knowledge the guy has is unbelievable. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

Richard Keyes is awful on Bein Sports, spouts so much sh1t

Nicky Summerbee is excellent at giving balance and a great addition to the non Keyes/ Gray studio.

Pulled up the studio host big time when he implied that Man City likely to go further clear as next opponent is Burnley - “that’s totally disrespectful to Burnley” and wouldn’t let it drop.  Host, embarrassed, had to change the subject.

I’ve heard quite a bit of the same sentiment from him and it is refreshing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I met Raphael Honigstein when I was doing Sports Journalism at uni. Came in a few times to help us out and pass on a lot of tips, as did Guillem Balague, both really nice guys.

Not on commentary, but one of my favourite people to listen to talking about football is Tim Vickery. 

The knowledge the guy has is unbelievable. 

I love his slot on H/J and would occasionally listen to him on 5Ls Friday nights up all night World football show with Dalton Adebayo.Don’t think they do that now though????The only problem is he loves to mention that he now lives in Rio a bit too often.We know!!!

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

I love his slot on H/J and would occasionally listen to him on 5Ls Friday nights up all night World football show with Dalton Adebayo.Don’t think they do that now though????The only problem is he loves to mention that he now lives in Rio a bit too often.We know!!!

I used to love the world football phone in, is it not on anymore then? That's disappointing. I've had a few questions answered relating to us on there.

The BBC drafted Vickery in for the World Cup in Brazil, maybe in others too.

Criminally under-used on TV in my opinion. But as you say, living in Brazil is a problem! 

I can even forgive him for being a Spurs fan. 

The bloke is a walking encyclopedia. 

Love his Portuguese pronunciations too. Fred from Man Utd is actually pronounced Freyjoe lol

That'll upset some people on here! 

Edit...Just did a quick Google, apparently it's now 2am till 4am on a Tuesday morning. How strange. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1