Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Terrible TV Coverage

5 hours ago, hejammy said:

The manure love fest is nauseating. Tyler loves them more than anything. 

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

He should have retired a few years ago.

His quality of commentating well on games is long gone.

FUN FACT: 

Martin Tyler was on the ITV commentary team at the World Cup... way back in 1978.

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

FUN FACT: 

Martin Tyler was on the ITV commentary team at the World Cup... way back in 1978.

1 year before I was born, but I distinctly remember watching the highlights and after the national anthems he shouted "AND IT'S LIVE"

Before a quick commercial break for Spangles.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I used to love the world football phone in, is it not on anymore then? That's disappointing. I've had a few questions answered relating to us on there.

The BBC drafted Vickery in for the World Cup in Brazil, maybe in others too.

Criminally under-used on TV in my opinion. But as you say, living in Brazil is a problem! 

I can even forgive him for being a Spurs fan. 

The bloke is a walking encyclopedia. 

Love his Portuguese pronunciations too. Fred from Man Utd is actually pronounced Freyjoe lol

That'll upset some people on here! 

Edit...Just did a quick Google, apparently it's now 2am till 4am on a Tuesday morning. How strange. 

He was on the beeb yesterday as it goes for one of his rare appearances funnily enough.
I have a strange thing where I don’t like knowing what radio presenters look like.It ruins my imagination.Bit weird I know and almost impossible to keep too in this day and age.So I look away when he is on the box.I have it in my head that he looks like Martin Samuel but I’ve seen enough to know he doesn’t.

I don’t think Adebayo does the Friday night slot anymore.Well technically Saturday morning,so thought they’d scrapped the WFS.Glad they haven’t.As you say his knowledge of current events and players is impressive,and his knowledge of the history of SA football even more so.

37 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Martin Keown is absolutely dreadful.

If you take away “has good quality” from his vocabulary, he’s got nothing left. 

He seems to have dropped saying “listen” at the beginning of every sentence, so that’s a positive, I found that so irritating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Martin Keown is absolutely dreadful.

If you take away “has good quality” from his vocabulary, he’s got nothing left. 

He interrupts the main commentator a lot still, though.

Plus he starts with 'look...' now, instead!

• Haha 1

Blast from the past I know, but I was Just watching premier league years in 92/93, and “oh my word” Martin Tyler’s wankfest for Man U is utter disgusting, epically the last few games  for Man U, he was literally shouting YES YES YES, when they scored, I can imagine him commentating in a Man U shirt jumping out his seat when they scored!, there rivals for the title (villa) in there last game they needed to win to keep the title race alive, he seemed gutted when villa came from behind to beat Man City, worth a watch especially the last 30min complete cringe

Edited by Kingleicester

Terrible again tonight. The guy on main comms was OK, at best , but the Northern woman alongside him had obviously never seen us play before.

Same in the studio, Leon Osman was lazy and I've no idea who the presenter was. 

Edited by tom27111

It’s obvious that some people will criticise whatever happens in the commentary. So I guess it’s subjective really.

The last game on BT against Everton was very very bad in my opinion, but I thought it was fine today. Both the main commentator and co commentator we’re far less irritating that many recent matches. 

I don’t want the commentators to necessarily know all about us, but just commentate on the game in front of them. They did ok at that. 

• Like 1