Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Gray joins Bayer Leverkusen

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Are we going to get this every single week? Why would anyone care what he does, he never did it here in 100's of opportunities under numerous managers. 

It honestly fascinates me.

Gray wanted to succeed. Our coaches wanted him to succeed. Our managers wanted him to succeed. All except the most ardent knew he had talent but something wasn't clicking. A few posters said someone should sit him down and have a chat with him. I'm sure we tried his. Nonetheless, he flies over to Germany, the plane touches tarmac, Leverkussen's coaches say four words to him, and now he's tearing up a top European league. The fatalistic element amuses me but the transformation, albeit only 50 minutes played, is a sight to behold.

Edited by Foxxed

I want him to do well. Anyone who doesn't, is just weird.

Not sure I can be bothered hearing about him every week though lol

We all know his strengths and his weaknesses. I think Bayer will have very similar thoughts to us come the end of the season though

Good luck to you Demi! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I want him to do well. Anyone who doesn't, is just weird.

Anyone who wishes him failure maybe. I don't think most give two sh**s about him now one way or the other. 

I certainly don't and have zero interest in weekly updates when he does something of note. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Anyone who wishes him failure maybe. I don't think most give two sh**s about him now one way or the other. 

I certainly don't and have zero interest in weekly updates when he does something of note. 

If you truly had "zero interest" you wouldn't be in this thread :ph34r:

I have some interest in several of the guys who have moved on ... but would be more than satisfied with updates in the Ex-players thread, as opposed to a dedicated thread in the City forum.

• Like 3

I'd actually quite like to know of his achievements and failures over the coming season. I might look it up elsewhere or I might come to the demari grey thread here. If I didn't want to know about him I certainly wouldn't be clicking on this thread. I bet I regularly check less than .5% of the threads on this forum, so I'll just briefly go to the other 99.5% to let everyone know how little I care, that'll be a fun afternoon. 

• Like 1

The funny thing is that his best football for us was probably his last period playing for the club. Arguably our top performer post lockdown.

I think Brendan would have preferred him to Under but understandably he wanted more game time. I’ll be very interested to see if he can finally unlock that potential. Ive also got a soft sport for Leverkusen 

5 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Noticed that our Twitter team announcer has been quiet since Gray has left the club...

In what scenario does a young gifted inner city footballer from Birmingham befriend a middle aged, Internet troll from Enderby? 

I know people like to blame gray for everything but The leak will have been from the media team or the press as they get the team an hour early. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 22/02/2021 at 14:32, majaco said:

I'm interested.  I'll click on the thread.

I click on the link thinking there might be some news that I had missed... but turns out not.

I think it might be time to merge this into the "Ex Players - They used to play for us" thread.

21 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

In what scenario does a young gifted inner city footballer from Birmingham befriend a middle aged, Internet troll from Enderby? 

I know people like to blame gray for everything but The leak will have been from the media team or the press as they get the team an hour early. 

Has anyone ever seen them in a room together?

Maybe Gray is SFE.

Edited by Buce

28 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Sean from Enderby used to regularly - and accurately - reveal line-ups on the morning of games. He wasn't getting that information from somebody who found out two hours before kick-off.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3