Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Gray joins Bayer Leverkusen

19 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Really pleased for him.  Always want to see our ex players have success, just as long as its not at our expense. 

I don't , I want all of the big money ones to fail . Hopefully putting doubt in any more of our good players that want to leave the greatest football club that ever existed  . With the likes of Gray not bothered either way 😏

Edited by los dedos

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
6 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I don't , I want all of the big money ones to fail . Hopefully putting doubt in any more of our good players that want to leave the greatest football club that ever existed  . With the likes of Gray not bothered either way 😏

Ha! I completely agree.

Well, almost completely. I bear Ngolo no ill will. But all the others, yes.

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

I really don't like this. He had an unreasonable amount of hate whilst he was playing for us, people carried this on when he was benched and then left out of the squad. Now he's gone, and people are still digging him out. It's ugly. It makes me dislike other Leicester fans. Please stop. Close this thread. 

Couldn't be agree more mate.

7 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Ha! I completely agree.

Well, almost completely. I bear Ngolo no ill will. But all the others, yes.

I dunno why the love in so much for Kante. He was one of the least loyal players we’ve ever had. One great season yes but jumped ship at first opportunity, I’m still annoyed he left before our UCL year to be honest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I dunno why the love in so much for Kante. He was one of the least loyal players we’ve ever had. One great season yes but jumped ship at first opportunity, I’m still annoyed he left before our UCL year to be honest. 

Probably because he is one of the main reasons why Leicester City has a Premier league title to their name.. id probably say thats a good reason? But you stay salty ey  

image.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

It is a pity he didn’t stick around for another year - if he had we might even have won the champions league, who knows? But he’s clearly a thoroughly decent bloke, so I find him hard to dislike. And I’m pretty sure he only came to us on the basis that we’d let him leave after a year. So it’s better to have had that one season than not.

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Probably because he is one of the main reasons why Leicester City has a Premier league title to their name.. id probably say thats a good reason? But you stay salty ey  

image.gif

You could say that about any one of our title winners... they didn’t jump ship after 1 season. It’s not salty it’s just people see Kante in a better light than players like Mahrez even though Mahrez showed much more loyalty 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

It is a pity he didn’t stick around for another year - if he had we might even have won the champions league, who knows? But he’s clearly a thoroughly decent bloke, so I find him hard to dislike. And I’m pretty sure he only came to us on the basis that we’d let him leave after a year. So it’s better to have had that one season than not.

Incorrect... he was pretty much a nobody before we signed him. He wasn’t even a guaranteed starter for us until 5ish games in 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Incorrect... he was pretty much a nobody before we signed him. He wasn’t even a guaranteed starter for us until 5ish games in 

Show some respect ffs how old are you? Kante is one of the best ever players to play for us.

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

You could say that about any one of our title winners... they didn’t jump ship after 1 season. It’s not salty it’s just people see Kante in a better light than players like Mahrez even though Mahrez showed much more loyalty 

I’m not so sure about that, yes it was a team effort but Kante was a world class performer for us and his performances were instrumental in our title win.

We had 2 or 3 world class players that season whom if they weren’t with us we probably wouldn’t have won the league.

So I would say he was one of the main reasons we won the league.

He lifted us to greatness.

29 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m not so sure about that, yes it was a team effort but Kante was a world class performer for us and his performances were instrumental in our title win.

We had 2 or 3 world class players that season whom if they weren’t with us we probably wouldn’t have won the league.

So I would say he was one of the main reasons we won the league.

He lifted us to greatness.

He was definitely one of he main reasons for us winning the league but he doesn’t deserve any more respect than Mahrez, Drinkwater, Okazaki or any other of our ‘title winners’ that have left us.

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

But even if it were true that he was a ‘nobody’ when we signed him, he could still have come on the basis that he’d be allowed to go after a year...

17 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

But even if it were true that he was a ‘nobody’ when we signed him, he could still have come on the basis that he’d be allowed to go after a year...

How many of us fans had heard of Kante before we signed him? We were more annoyed we’d lost Cambiasso. Nobody could have predicted the season we had... I read somewhere Kante didn’t really want to sign for us but didn’t get any other offers and was advised to come to play in the prem. So if no one was interested then why would they be a year later? We also offered Kante a new contract (to remove the release clause) after we won the league so this also shows we didn’t want/expect him to leave after one season. 

I remember when Tevez and Mascherano signed for West Ham... everyone knew they weren’t staying long and would become world class players... no one knew that would be the case with Kante. I bet even Steve Walsh himself was surprised with how good he actually was.

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

So if no one was interested then why would they be a year later?

Because he was one of the best players in the world?

Anyway. I liked him when he was here, and I don’t dislike him now.

28 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Mmm, interesting contract negotiation that would have been🥴

He had a £30m release clause and Chelsea met it. He jumped ship and tripled his money, end of story.