Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Gray joins Bayer Leverkusen

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

In what scenario does a young gifted inner city footballer from Birmingham befriend a middle aged, Internet troll from Enderby? 

I know people like to blame gray for everything but The leak will have been from the media team or the press as they get the team an hour early. 

Tbf the internet troll is a persona - could be a perfectly intelligent person 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

In what scenario does a young gifted inner city footballer from Birmingham befriend a middle aged, Internet troll from Enderby? 

I know people like to blame gray for everything but The leak will have been from the media team or the press as they get the team an hour early. 

Isn't Geoff from Enderby and knocking on 50? 😅😅

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Gray is an enigma of a player, pretty sure lots of manager look at him and see a player they could get a tune out of and fail.

Rodgers, Puel, Shakespeare and Ranieri all tried.

It's a mental thing. He doesn't improve even though there's quite obviously physical scope to do so. 

Very strange that the release clause is exactly what they paid us. Essentially a loan deal then really, him signing only an 18 month contract was odd as well. All Leverkusen needed to do to make £10m on him was sign him on a 4 year deal, play him a bit, then loan him or sell him to a desperate newly promoted PL team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's a mental thing. He doesn't improve even though there's quite obviously physical scope to do so. 

I'd agree; I remember watching run the pitch length and skinning two players before squaring it to Vardy for a tap in against Everton.

Thinking, wow, this is the moment Gray breaks out, then he goes back to the same Gray as before.

Shame as he seems to have everything pace, technical ability, but he can't bring it all together. I think he would have been better in the Championship playing regularly than coming to use in the PL. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I actually have a bit of itk here. I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. But the source was good. Let's see if a bit of itk actually turns out accurate. 

But, I'm expecting him to be playing for ole gravel voice next year.  You heard it here first!

Rod Stewart?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd agree; I remember watching run the pitch length and skinning two players before squaring it to Vardy for a tap in against Everton.

Thinking, wow, this is the moment Gray breaks out, then he goes back to the same Gray as before.

Shame as he seems to have everything pace, technical ability, but he can't bring it all together. I think he would have been better in the Championship playing regularly than coming to use in the PL. 

...not quite how it went, Gray's run culminated with the ball being played to Riyad who squared it to Vardy to score!!!

Puel's first game I think, it all seemed very exciting, at that moment. 

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not quite how it went, Gray's run culminated with the ball being played to Riyad who squared it to Vardy to score!!!

Puel's first game I think, it all seemed very exciting, at that moment. 

Yeah, I forgot Mahrez bit.

Clubs like Leicester and Leverkusen and Roma are too big for Gray. He would do well at mid table ish clubs like maybe Leeds or Everton. He obviously rates himself but he isn't good enough for any Europa League or Champions League clubs

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Clubs like Leicester and Leverkusen and Roma are too big for Gray. He would do well at mid table ish clubs like maybe Leeds or Everton. He obviously rates himself but he isn't good enough for any Europa League or Champions League clubs

He would be fine at Birmingham City. If we had left him there he would be coming up to 250 games by now.