Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

On 09/02/2021 at 10:01, ozleicester said:

can @Aus Fox or anyone down under confirm what channel this is being shown on in OZ.. ive had conflicting reports of BT2 - Prime - Kayo and am just not 100% on any... if im getting up at 4 again, i really dont want to be buggering around with dodgy streams etc.

TIA

As far as I can tell only ESPN have the rights in Aus, and they’re not broadcasting it.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Was just about to shout out to you and @ozleicester for the same question! Thanks for this Aus Fox - its not showing on my Kayo subscription but it didn't for the Brentford game either yet it was there when I logged on. Here's hoping for tomorrow and my commute into work watching this.

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

As far as I can tell only ESPN have the rights in Aus, and they’re not broadcasting it.

You should be able to find something on here near kick-off time.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Nothing wrong with big Dan 👍

Should be good enough to match Brighton should big Dan, even though I reckon they'll have an almost best 11 on the field,

Back to 18th is large enough for them to have a proper go at the cup isn't it

• Like 1

Been following the discussion on rotation and the importance of the cup over CL qualification with interest. If I were a pro footballer I would want to win trophies/medals. Ok so being CL means you might get the opportunity to pit your wits against one of the top sides but, going out in the group stages gives you nothing to hang on the wall. I would be gutted if there was a chance of going all the way to the final of the most respected club cup competition and the management decided it was better to put out a weakened team to save players for a league game that we would be unlikely to get anything from anyway. I know it’s all about the squad and giving everyone their share of minutes etc but what would be the point in signing for a team that you believe could win something only to find  yourself rotated come the cup, so that you could play in a league game.

players want to play and win. The teams with the best players and squads do just that and compete on all fronts and they are the teams that will continue to attract the top players, not those that are fixated purely on a European place.

we are not quite there yet in terms of having that depth but I am sure players would be more happy to sign for a team that shows it will compete on all fronts than not. Is more game time for all and a better chance of winning something.

An FA cup medal is a massive deal to most players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buce said:

You should be able to find something on here near kick-off time.

Thanks mate. As far as I can tell from what @Aus Fox said a page back I should be able to use ESPN via either my Foxtel or Fetch subscriptions. Just trying to work it out now. It isn’t on ESPN 1 or 2 but apparently should be available from their app.

Edit: Got a feeling it won’t be available in Aus from the ESPN app. So @Bucelink probably needed. Hate it when broadcasters buy up the rights but then don’t show.

Edit Edit: Could be wrong. I’ve got into the ESPN app so have to see when the match starts.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

They’re like Stoke, but they play football. I don’t think I’ve seen a duller side play this season...... queue a 4-0 defeat 4 Trossard half way line overhead kicks.  

Agreed. They get so much smoke blown up their harris, very much like Bournemouth did. I thinks its because they are seen as this lovely little trendy cosmopolitan coastal club who knock it about well. They are the pits and we'll batter them.

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If they wanted to make the FA cup a top tournament again they should allocate it a CL place, perhaps at the expense if the PL 4th place.

Maybe but I doubt the Rich 6 would be happy to give up the 4th place spot so that a Wigan Athletic could take their place, it would be another We don't want another LCFC.

(I get that they would probably take it more seriously but it's much more of a lottery than the League)

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. They get so much smoke blown up their harris, very much like Bournemouth did. I thinks its because they are seen as this lovely little trendy cosmopolitan coastal club who knock it about well. They are the pits and we'll batter them.

They have been genuinely decent for a month or so now tho.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

Ward

Daley-Campbell

Soyuncu

Amartey

Thomas

Leshabala

Mendy

Under

Perez

Albrighton

Iheanacho

If the team is anything like that I'll be sick. If we go out of this due to playing a weak team and then we put in a pathetic performance against Liverpool Rodgers is getting pelters from me.

Don't kill my positivity boys. I can handle losing, but not when we bend over and allow ourselves to be taken by the opposition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Ward

Daley-Campbell

Soyuncu

Amartey

Thomas

Leshabala

Mendy

Under

Perez

Albrighton

Iheanacho

If the team is anything like that I'll be sick. If we go out of this due to playing a weak team and then we put in a pathetic performance against Liverpool Rodgers is getting pelters from me.

Don't kill my positivity boys. I can handle losing, but not when we bend over and allow ourselves to be taken by the opposition.

Leshabela wasn't training with the first team yesterday. Only Tavares and Daley-Campbell.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ward

Daley-Campbell

Soyuncu

Amartey

Thomas

Leshabala

Mendy

Under

Perez

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Rodgers has not played a weak team as of yet, I don't expect he will here either. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah to be fair they have, but I still think we'll comfortably beat them.

Just looked at their results and it's more one month than two. They've dug out some great results but i see they were all 1 nil, although I dont remember them stinking up the gaff in order to get them.

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe but I doubt the Rich 6 would be happy to give up the 4th place spot so that a Wigan Athletic could take their place, it would be another We don't want another LCFC.

(I get that they would probably take it more seriously but it's much more of a lottery than the League)

Oh I get that they probably wouldn’t do it, but it’s the only thing that would restore the FA Cup to its historic glory. Perhaps we shouldn’t be too keen to give away the PL 4th place CL spot anyway now that we’re massive :trumpet:

Edited by WigstonWanderer

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Rodgers has not played a weak team as of yet, I don't expect he will here either. 

Arsenal, Carabao Cup. Even Gray started.

I'm firmly in the prioritise Champions League qualification camp still anyway. Hate to see us lose but fixtures are going to crunch, and best chance of us getting somewhere in the Premier &/or Europa Leagues is having as fresh a squad as possible. If we're confident the squad can compete on all fronts go for it, but I think it would suit us better set targets for the rest of the season and focus.

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Are you excited yet!? You must be furiously refreshing Sean from Enderby's twitter feed lol

Haha no mate, I've seen the club pull this stunt before when they named him in the EL squad list and then he vanished for 2 months 😂😂