Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

Surely there is scope to play these sort of games earlier in the day, so they don't have to contend with dropping evening temperatures. I know we all want to watch it but there isn't any global TV audience for this. Just get it done at 3 or something, and then they can be wrapped warm by bed time lol

Obviously lots of lower league games have been and will be postponed because of frozen pitches, I don't know if it would make a difference but why wait until the evening if there is a decent chance a game could be played in the day. 

anyway, still unsure how Rodgers will approach this because I do believe he wants to win something. I doubt any youngsters other than Thomas will start, for me Ndidi needs to get through a certain amount minutes tonight if we want to start him against Liverpool, Vardy needs a goal. Personally I would start both of them and give them no more than a hour, whatever the game situation. No point them freezing their bollocks off on the bench, and then coming on. 

Also what do we do if its 0-0 after 89 minutes, kick the ball in our own goal? Last thing we want is extra time. 

It's got makings of a really drab game, but hopefully we can see a repeat of the league game and the game is done early and we can manage the rest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

AHHH FFS, i just subscribed to ESPN and now they dont have it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not really sure. I think we’ll only find out tonight. It might be that it’s only available in the US. They don’t make it easy to check.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Can see us maybe going with 3 at the back tonight if Amartey starts, Maybe along the lines of the below. Should be enough for a win.

Ward

Amartey Soyncu Fuchs

Justin                                                        Thomas

Mendy

Under                     Maddison                 Barnes

Iheanacho

Keep Vardy, Ndidi, Riccy, Tielmanns,Evans  on the bench unless we get desperate, hopefully they get a full game off.

2-0 Win - Iheanacho and Barnes

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sean has become rather quiet, all of a sudden.

His last team reveal tweet was a bit of a disgrace to put it lightly. The club must be pretty embarrassed by that sort of stuff. It's bad enough they get leaked but then that nob neck puts it out with a picture of a celeb that died tragically. I'd rather not know the team half an hour early I think. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Can see us maybe going with 3 at the back tonight if Amartey starts, Maybe along the lines of the below. Should be enough for a win.

Ward

Amartey Soyncu Fuchs

Justin                                                        Thomas

Mendy

Under                     Maddison                 Barnes

Iheanacho

Keep Vardy, Ndidi, Riccy, Tielmanns,Evans  on the bench unless we get desperate, hopefully they get a full game off.

2-0 Win - Iheanacho and Barnes

I agree keeping important players on the bench but basically having just Mendy in midfield would be worrying. 

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I agree keeping important players on the bench but basically having just Mendy in midfield would be worrying. 

Played similar teams in the cups, id imagine that Something like this would see Maddison dropping in a bit deeper

Just think Tielmanns needs a rest, looked leggy lately... by now he'd have had a game off but with Praet being injured it's not been feasible... If he's fully fit I wouldn't mind seeing Ndidi in there instead

In an ideal world, we'd go 4 at the back and give Hamza or someone from the academy whose more creative a start, just not sure Amartey would be good enough in a 2?

7 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Played similar teams in the cups, id imagine that Something like this would see Maddison dropping in a bit deeper

Just think Tielmanns needs a rest, looked leggy lately... by now he'd have had a game off but with Praet being injured it's not been feasible... If he's fully fit I wouldn't mind seeing Ndidi in there instead

In an ideal world, we'd go 4 at the back and give Hamza or someone from the academy whose more creative a start, just not sure Amartey would be good enough in a 2?

I wouldn’t play Fuchs. Have a back 4 and if you’re not playing tielmans have chodury or a youngster in midfield. 

Ward

JJ

Amartey

Cags

Thomas

Hamza

Mendy

Under

Perez

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Yes a midfield duo of Mendy and Hamza lacks any sort of creativity but we need to rest as many starters for the Liverpool game as we can (presuming that Wilf comes back in for that game).

Edited by eddylcfc
Error
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

Ward

JJ

Amartey

Cags

Thomas

Hamza

Mendy

Under

Perez

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Yes a midfield duo of Mendy and Hamza lacks any sort of creativity but we need to rest as many starters for the Liverpool game as we can (presuming that Wilf comes back in for that game).

Ricardo needs minutes, not a rest, but otherwise I can see something very similar starting. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tavares (or Maddison) start where you have Albrighton. 

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Surely there is scope to play these sort of games earlier in the day, so they don't have to contend with dropping evening temperatures. I know we all want to watch it but there isn't any global TV audience for this. Just get it done at 3 or something, and then they can be wrapped warm by bed time lol

Obviously lots of lower league games have been and will be postponed because of frozen pitches, I don't know if it would make a difference but why wait until the evening if there is a decent chance a game could be played in the day. 

anyway, still unsure how Rodgers will approach this because I do believe he wants to win something. I doubt any youngsters other than Thomas will start, for me Ndidi needs to get through a certain amount minutes tonight if we want to start him against Liverpool, Vardy needs a goal. Personally I would start both of them and give them no more than a hour, whatever the game situation. No point them freezing their bollocks off on the bench, and then coming on. 

Also what do we do if its 0-0 after 89 minutes, kick the ball in our own goal? Last thing we want is extra time. 

It's got makings of a really drab game, but hopefully we can see a repeat of the league game and the game is done early and we can manage the rest. 

I put exactly this a few weeks ago...also for PL games..

But it seemed the thought was too much for some & even found it amusing....

I mentioned I am sure it would help to cut down on injuries, because of damp or Cold nignts....To me its so Bloody obvious...

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just looking and it’s the French cup going on today and they’ve got a load of games today that kicked off at 1.45 followed. By more at 4 o’clock. 

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

Been following the discussion on rotation and the importance of the cup over CL qualification with interest. If I were a pro footballer I would want to win trophies/medals. Ok so being CL means you might get the opportunity to pit your wits against one of the top sides but, going out in the group stages gives you nothing to hang on the wall. I would be gutted if there was a chance of going all the way to the final of the most respected club cup competition and the management decided it was better to put out a weakened team to save players for a league game that we would be unlikely to get anything from anyway. I know it’s all about the squad and giving everyone their share of minutes etc but what would be the point in signing for a team that you believe could win something only to find  yourself rotated come the cup, so that you could play in a league game.

players want to play and win. The teams with the best players and squads do just that and compete on all fronts and they are the teams that will continue to attract the top players, not those that are fixated purely on a European place.

we are not quite there yet in terms of having that depth but I am sure players would be more happy to sign for a team that shows it will compete on all fronts than not. Is more game time for all and a better chance of winning something.

An FA cup medal is a massive deal to most players.

The highlighted is exactly why top 4 is so important. We're aiming to become one of those clubs, and the quickest way there is getting in the CL.

I'm sure the vast majority of players care a lot more whether the club they are joining is playing in the CL/EL than whether they picked up a domestic cup the year before.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just watched a vid on Sidnei Tavares and seen he's about 3 feet taller than Mendy and likes to get the ball forwards. I'm sold. Get him in that midfield!

To be fair it's not really difficult to be taller then Mendy.  Me lying down with a boner has more height.

• Haha 2