Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve just thought

I bet Amartey will start

:unsure:

Yes I think there's every chance he'll play either at RB or CB alongside Soyuncu, As he's the freshest of the CBs

The rest I'd give the night off in preparation for Saturday.

In Dan we trust.  😁

• Like 2

Well Tavares is in the training video again! I’d love to see him start and give the team a huge boost with a quality performance. Ward, Ricardo 60 mins, Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas, Albrighton, Ndidi 60mins, Choudhary, Under, Perez behind Vardy 60mins!! Please rest Barnes, Maddison and Tieliamans

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

Well Tavares is in the training video again! I’d love to see him start and give the team a huge boost with a quality performance. Ward, Ricardo 60 mins, Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas, Albrighton, Ndidi 60mins, Choudhary, Under, Perez behind Vardy 60mins!! Please rest Barnes, Maddison and Tieliamans

More chance of @Ric Flair starting

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Amen to that.

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

I'm guessing if I download that, foxestalk takes over my computer and replaces everything with its logo? :P 

I dunno why it don’t let me post pics 🤷🏼😭

Most important game is the next one and it's Brighton in the FA Cup. If we lose playing a weaker side against Brighton then losing games will affect us; as it has with Liverpool themselves. Let's give the Cup a real go, with the best possible team available. 

If we manage to win with a few U23s then great: but I doubt we'll be able to do that against Brighton. 

This game reminds me of Huddersfield replay in FA Cup about 10 years ago. Think we beat them 6-1 in the League a month earlier at the King Power then played a weaker side against them in the 4th round Cup replay at home and we lost 1-2. Hoping history don't repeat again seeing as we stuffed Brighton in the league 3-0!!! 

Edited by oxtonfox
  • Like 2

Ward

Pereira

Amartey

Soyuncu

Thomas

Mendy

Tavares

Under

Iheanacho

Albrighton

Vardy

Maddison, Justin, Tielemans and Barnes need resting. Looking forward to seeing Thomas get minutes again (hopefully)

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaaa Daley-Campbell surely cannot get a game for us, it's astonishing.

I've thought he's good decent going forwards. He's not looked so assured at the back. He's still only 19 anyhow. KDH was less impressive at that age imo.

15 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

-6 being quoted in the press, -4 on bbc weather. Brass monkeys! :thumbdown: Let's go the full Keith Weller...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/freezing-weather-impact-leicester-citys-4986309

Can't see Vards doing more than 45 minutes, given what is said.

Personally, if it were me, I'd rather be playing and running around than sat in the stand freezing my nuts off.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brighton are one of the most wasteful teams I've ever seen in front of goal, as always with us we need to make sure we take the lead and not immediately concede and if so we ought to then bore them to death and get the victory. 

Quite right. But we are quite obliging, so I expect a 4-3 win to us.

17 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

ESPN

C942B8B6-C66A-4EB6-A503-DAC482415B58.jpeg

Was just about to shout out to you and @ozleicester for the same question! Thanks for this Aus Fox - its not showing on my Kayo subscription but it didn't for the Brentford game either yet it was there when I logged on. Here's hoping for tomorrow and my commute into work watching this.

here is one player for whom the notion that Alisson, the Liverpool goalkeeper, might have made mistakes with his distribution in Sunday’s defeat by Manchester City because his feet were cold, is eminently plausible.

When Leonardo Ulloa arrived from Spain to join Brighton in January 2013 he thought he had made a mistake. There was no way, the striker concluded, that he could possibly play properly if he could not feel his feet.

“I remember coming to Brighton because I was playing for Almeria in Spain and with plenty of degrees in January,” the 34-year-old says. “I landed and there was snow and not too many degrees.

Ulloa celebrates scoring for Brighton against Hull in 2014
Ulloa celebrates scoring for Brighton against Hull in 2014
TIMES PHOTOGRAPHER BRADLEY ORMESHER

“I was training in Spain with sun every day but in Brighton it was cold. I remember after the first day of training I go to the training room and I could not feel my feet. I asked the other [overseas] players, how can you play with this because for me it is impossible to pass the ball or shoot. I feel pain in my feet. They said it was a good idea to come to play in England, but I say I don’t know.

“Always I watched English football and always thought I had to play there but after one week I start to think, I don’t think it was a good idea to play here but after one month I was so, so happy. I wore hot cream, and it was ok.”

Ulloa is speaking to me from his home in Madrid, in the final phase of recovery from a cruciate ligament injury. He hopes to be back in action for Rayo Vallecano within the month with the same attitude he exhibited in his time at Brighton and then at Leicester. His two English teams face each other in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Wednesday.

He chuckles when I tell him we immediately thought of him when the draw was made.

“But a nice thing, no?”

And it is a nice thing. Ulloa’s passion for the two clubs is palpable and he says he misses the fans here, having not been back since 2018, and dreams of a packed stadium where he can wave his thanks for their love.

SPONSORED

“I would like to go back to the UK,” he says, “my heart is with them, I want to see the people.”

He became something of a cult figure after joining Leicester from Brighton for a then club-record fee of £8 million in July 2014 (he briefly returned to the coast on loan in 2018). Because he scored on his debut, against Everton, the Leicester supporters devised an infamous song about him. I did worry I might have to remind him of the lyrics, but he interrupts me to recite the lines immediately.

“Yes, they make a song: Leonardo, he wears number 23, yes he cost a f***ing fortune, but he scores goals, so it doesn’t bother me.

“That was a little pressure on me. In the papers they write I was the most expensive player, but that pressure was good for me because I scored and in the second game I score again.

“They soon forgot the price after one year because they bought other players who cost more than me.”

He is also fondly remembered in the east Midlands for scoring what became known as the “earthquake goal”. A seismometer measured the response to his last-minute winning strike against Norwich in February 2016 as Leicester continued their march to the Premier League title. The crowd inside the King Power were so relieved they created a minor tremor.

“Yes, that game was crazy,” he recalls. “Normally, with Claudio Ranieri [the manager], I was the sub, and I came onto the pitch in the 78th minute. I was ready to play. That game was difficult for us. I never seen anything like this with any other goal. It was crazy and unbelievable.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F96b99c02-6ae6-11eb-bc24-b1bb9cd3bc5f.jpg?crop=1946%2C2918%2C158%2C60&resize=1533

Ulloa with the Premier League trophy after Leicester’s famous win in 2016
SHAUN BOTTERILL/GETTY IMAGES

“Ranieri told me it was my role in the group, that I would play more as a sub but always I try to be ready to score for the team, that was my mentality then and my mentality today. I always play to help even if it is for five minutes. The important thing is that your mentality is ready for that moment. Always I am watching from the bench for how the defenders move, how they play, always analyse the centre backs and full backs, how strong they are, how fast they are. I use that for my performance.”

Ulloa grew up in General Roca, Patagonia in northern Argentina.

“We played in the streets with friends,” he says, “and when the car comes, we have to go to one side and wait for the car to go by.”

The first person to tell him he could be a professional player was his big brother, Damien, who organised trials for him. The manager at his first club said he had “different qualities, at 13 I was tall and could head the ball and I was physical. I could play with my left and right foot. But most of all when the cross came in, I could score a goal.”

He has watched both Leicester and Brighton from afar and is impressed with their evolution.

“I really like how Leicester play now,” he says. “They keep possession of the ball, they pass and pass and look for a good pass and that is different to us, when we won the title, when we defend many times and play on the counterattack. If they have some luck then they can win the title again.

“Brighton try to change like Leicester, but more slowly. They have similar philosophies. They need more time than Leicester. But both clubs are so good.”

Who, then, will win the cup tie?

He guffaws.

“Leicester,” he says, “will win the game, 1-0.”

FA Cup Fifth Round
Leicester v Brighton
Wednesday, 7.45pm
TV: BT Sport 2, 7pm

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brighton are one of the most wasteful teams I've ever seen in front of goal, as always with us we need to make sure we take the lead and not immediately concede and if so we ought to then bore them to death and get the victory. 

They’re like Stoke, but they play football. I don’t think I’ve seen a duller side play this season...... queue a 4-0 defeat 4 Trossard half way line overhead kicks.