Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

15 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

6.2 feet you're wrong, but what we need from him its quality  , all the best if you play  sidneiTavares 😉

I was going off this

https://wiki.projecttopics.org/77124-sidnei-tavares/index.html/amp

But then there’s this

https://fmdataba.com/20/p/165317/sidnei-tavares/

He’s only young so may have grown some recently lol

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

Been following the discussion on rotation and the importance of the cup over CL qualification with interest. If I were a pro footballer I would want to win trophies/medals. Ok so being CL means you might get the opportunity to pit your wits against one of the top sides but, going out in the group stages gives you nothing to hang on the wall. I would be gutted if there was a chance of going all the way to the final of the most respected club cup competition and the management decided it was better to put out a weakened team to save players for a league game that we would be unlikely to get anything from anyway. I know it’s all about the squad and giving everyone their share of minutes etc but what would be the point in signing for a team that you believe could win something only to find  yourself rotated come the cup, so that you could play in a league game.

players want to play and win. The teams with the best players and squads do just that and compete on all fronts and they are the teams that will continue to attract the top players, not those that are fixated purely on a European place.

we are not quite there yet in terms of having that depth but I am sure players would be more happy to sign for a team that shows it will compete on all fronts than not. Is more game time for all and a better chance of winning something.

An FA cup medal is a massive deal to most players.

I agree that top players will always want to win trophies but I feel as though the glitz and the glamour of the Champions League will always win out over the magic of the FA Cup. It's a status thing and like you have said yourself, professionals want to win all the accolades and what is the biggest accolade of them all at club level? The Champions League and not the FA Cup. In addition, rotating gives a chance to freshen things up, keep the squad happy and allows fringe players to stake a claim to being more involved with the first team.

I also think it's unfair to say that we would definitely exit the CL at the group stages whilst seeming to suggest that a win tonight could put us within inches of the FA Cup. Even if we do win tonight, there will be better sides that we will have to get past in getting to the final or winning it. If it was a semi-final then I would be inclined to agree with your analysis a bit more but there is still a long way to go and we are certainly not favourites to win it. There are also other benefits to being in the CL like the additional revenue and prestige it brings which helps to attract a better caliber of player. I also think it'd be frustrating and painful for the players to miss out on a top four spot two seasons in a row and from my perspective as a fan, we watch the club play more PL games than cup games over a season and I think that it's nice to get to the end of the season having felt like you've secured more than just another season in the same division. Lastly, if we were going to win it, would you not prefer that we won it in a year when we could actually attend?

• Thanks 1

Form breeds confidence. Rogers knows this of all people it's a real fine balance this season with the compounding injuries. I say go for it in the cup a win will be good for confidence going into the Liverpool game. Europa we just have to do the best we can and hope we don't come up against one of the big guns too soon.

We will all be crossing our fingers for the best.

12 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I agree that top players will always want to win trophies but I feel as though the glitz and the glamour of the Champions League will always win out over the magic of the FA Cup. It's a status thing and like you have said yourself, professionals want to win all the accolades and what is the biggest accolade of them all at club level? The Champions League and not the FA Cup. In addition, rotating gives a chance to freshen things up, keep the squad happy and allows fringe players to stake a claim to being more involved with the first team.

I also think it's unfair to say that we would definitely exit the CL at the group stages whilst seeming to suggest that a win tonight could put us within inches of the FA Cup. Even if we do win tonight, there will be better sides that we will have to get past in getting to the final or winning it. If it was a semi-final then I would be inclined to agree with your analysis a bit more but there is still a long way to go and we are certainly not favourites to win it. There are also other benefits to being in the CL like the additional revenue and prestige it brings which helps to attract a better caliber of player. I also think it'd be frustrating and painful for the players to miss out on a top four spot two seasons in a row and from my perspective as a fan, we watch the club play more PL games than cup games over a season and I think that it's nice to get to the end of the season having felt like you've secured more than just another season in the same division. Lastly, if we were going to win it, would you not prefer that we won it in a year when we could actually attend?

Current odds of us winning the FA Cup are 12/1.  That sounds about right to me.  The chances of us qualifying for and then winning the Champion's League are non-existent.

That's the difference.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tried all day not to get excited about Sidnei Tavares having the whole of the footballing world on a piece of string tonight and I'd pretty much cracked it. But then I realised all you lot are desperate for me to ramp it up and then go off on a furious tirade when the squad is named and he's been left out again for our 17th choice right back with gout. 

The whole reason we are here is for the no Sidnei Tavares melt down lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1