Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

15 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

Dean's been getting death threats after giving out red cards in his past two matches. OK, so I don't think his decisions were correct, and they have been overturned, but death threats FFS?? I'm all in favour of free speech, but I also think that some people should have their mouths fitted with a fvckin lock and their social media accounts shoved up their ar$es.

The death threats are extreme.  People posting them are ridiculous.

On a less important matter, sending off two players wrongly in two consecutive games monitored by VAR is spectacular incompetence on at least one level.

10 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I'm serious! I started off with your line of thought but this thread reminded me that those scouse ***** will beat us if they put their grandma's out, so night as well go for the cup this week!

Afraid I don't agree with the last bit. In my opinion based purely on Brendan's origins and most of his actions, the only guide I have, He's probably smart, doesn't lack guts and has mostly players with v good attitudes. I've been a bit puzzled by recent selections but i put that down to my ignorance of most hard  facts.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

WHO?

lol I try and make a conscious effort on here to say Man City as for some reason it genuinely seems to upset some people. That that I care about a grown man getting upset about my choice of nicknames, but the notifications get a bit much haha.

If i'm having a chat with mates or down the pub about is and Man City though, i'll refer to them as City. I don't think i've ever referred to us as City.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stonegold said:

Not a chance Potter will play our strongest side for this , mainly due to injuries , March  ACL and now Webster ankle , the latest first teamers to be injured , add Lamptey Propper Izquierdo to the long term list , plus whatever body parts Burnley managed to clog out of us on Saturday that Potter hasn't disclosed and our team will be a long way short of a league starting 11.

We recalled 3 of our loan players for cover and it looks like they will be needed , 2 of them have not yet played a single minute of Premier league football.

Our results have perked up a bit reward at last for trying to play good to watch football but with  Webster out we look exposed at the back , ironically we've loaned out 3 CBs with no chance of recalling them .

The glut of games over the last 2 months have decimated squads up and down the country and we've coped ok so far but the FA Cup may now play second fiddle for this season as we're nearing bare bones territory. 

Looking forward to the game nonetheless as it will be interesting to see how we cope without some regulars , watch out for Karbownik he's apparently faster than Lamptey , we shall see .

Good luck chasing down City .

Seems like you're finally getting results that your performances have deserved. I looked at table based on expected goals in games and you and Sheffield United were massively lower than expected. 2 teams I expected to have fairly strong second halves of the season compared to the first, based on that.

How are the fans feeling about Potter there? I've been quite impressed by his story and is one that I am hoping manages to do well for himself. Also what's it like having the tallest full back in the world? lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

lol I try and make a conscious effort on here to say Man City as for some reason it genuinely seems to upset some people. That that I care about a grown man getting upset about my choice of nicknames, but the notifications get a bit much haha.

If i'm having a chat with mates or down the pub about is and Man City though, i'll refer to them as City. I don't think i've ever referred to us as City.

I'm not upset whatsoever, it's just messing about over a known laziness. Much like I don't like berks like Jenas referring to Guardiola as 'Pep' and TAA as 'Trent', I'm not upset though, it just irks me because it's crass.

Anyway, let's hope ALBION go down/don't go down... :whistle:

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I do this was well lol I have to consciously type Man in front of City or United, even though its obvious who I am talking about.

Doesn't help that I live up north so any football discussion up here evolves around City or United. Other clubs are allowed to be referred as City too. 

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not upset whatsoever, it's just messing about over a known laziness. Much like I don't like berks like Jenas referring to Guardiola as 'Pep' and TAA as 'Trent', I'm not upset though, it just irks me because it's crass.

Anyway, let's hope ALBION go down/don't go down... :whistle:

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to insinuate you were upset about that, from your posts I realise your maturity is a touch higher than the average football fan's 

The highlighted part...is TAA not laziness? :D

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Stonegold said:

Not a chance Potter will play our strongest side for this , mainly due to injuries , March  ACL and now Webster ankle , the latest first teamers to be injured , add Lamptey Propper Izquierdo to the long term list , plus whatever body parts Burnley managed to clog out of us on Saturday that Potter hasn't disclosed and our team will be a long way short of a league starting 11.

We recalled 3 of our loan players for cover and it looks like they will be needed , 2 of them have not yet played a single minute of Premier league football.

Our results have perked up a bit reward at last for trying to play good to watch football but with  Webster out we look exposed at the back , ironically we've loaned out 3 CBs with no chance of recalling them .

The glut of games over the last 2 months have decimated squads up and down the country and we've coped ok so far but the FA Cup may now play second fiddle for this season as we're nearing bare bones territory. 

Looking forward to the game nonetheless as it will be interesting to see how we cope without some regulars , watch out for Karbownik he's apparently faster than Lamptey , we shall see .

Good luck chasing down City .

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Just had a look at the table, and it seems you're in very good form lately. It is a bit too early to say, but it looks a lot like the bottom 3 could already be decided. If I was Brighton manager, I'd be concentrating on the cup, as it doesn't look like many more points will be needed to be safe from the drop.

If you don't mind, what would you say is the strongest team you could realistically put out tomorrow?

I think we'll be resting at least a few with the Liverpool match on Saturday in mind. I doubt Barnes, Tielemans or Maddison will play the whole 90, so we could struggle for creativity.

37 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to insinuate you were upset about that, from your posts I realise your maturity is a touch higher than the average football fan's 

The highlighted part...is TAA not laziness? :D

As I chose to write TAA, I thought 'I wonder who will pick up on that' :) 

I guess it could be called lazy, but it's 3 letters rather than 20, and in my defence his name is unusual enough to be clearly about him. So I would rather say that I was being economical with the bandwidth (said the man writing a load of deflective nonsense). lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Stranger things have happened and you have to blood them at some point ...   

Blood the right ones though, Daley-Campbell will never play consistently at a higher level than League One. If he does then I'll get him tattoo'd on my face. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Blood the right ones though, Daley-Campbell will never play consistently at a higher level than League One. If he does then I'll get him tattoo'd on my face. 

Oh please let him become a regular at a Premier league or championship club lol

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Daley-Campbell will never play consistently at a higher level than League One. If he does then I'll get him tattoo'd on my face. 

Pin this please mods ...    :thumbup:

....   and photographic evidence will be required Ric ...   :)

• Haha 4