Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

I know we’ve never won the FA cup but for a top half club with European ambitions its a virtual irrelevance. 
Play most of the 2nd team and stay fresh for a demoralised LFC in the hope of picking up something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

I know we’ve never won the FA cup but for a top half club with European ambitions its a virtual irrelevance. 
Play most of the 2nd team and stay fresh for a demoralised LFC in the hope of picking up something.

We'd play a reserve/2nd string and lose. Then get rolled over by Liverpool with a well rested first team. So I would rather play every game full strength with one or two changes.

• Like 2

Rest players and we still have to beat Liverpool which is a very big ask, I say play who’s available and then the same against pool, we should cope, not like it’s a unique situation and the cup should be a priority along with the league and UEFA, play each game like it’s a cup final, the players will cope. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We'd play a reserve/2nd string and lose. Then get rolled over by Liverpool with a well rested first team. So I would rather play every game full strength with one or two changes.

You can’t keep playing every game full strength with the schedule we have. I don’t think we should play a reserve team but Brendan will use this game to change it up a bit, there’s going to be 5-6 changes.

unfortunately at this point in the season the FA cup will be bottom of the list of priorities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Rest players and we still have to beat Liverpool which is a very big ask, I say play who’s available and then the same against pool, we should cope, not like it’s a unique situation and the cup should be a priority along with the league and UEFA, play each game like it’s a cup final, the players will cope. 

It’s not just about the two results in those games. It’s keeping the strain on players bodies at a rate where we don’t pick up injuries through over playing. Even if we lose both games it doesn’t make it the wrong decision long term. 

• Like 1