Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

No, you don't, but you do get Champion's League, which is where the serious cash is.

What does that matter to me? I'm not going to tell my future grandchildren about the 21/22 season when our club earned an extra £40 million, I want to tell them about lifting the cup.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What does that matter to me? I'm not going to tell my future grandchildren about the 21/22 season when our club earned an extra £40 million, I want to tell them about lifting the cup.

Surely you'd also want to tell them about that trip to see Leicester play in Madrid/Munich/Barcelona too? I tell anyone who will listen about Madrid in 2017.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a difficult one in deciding which way to call it and whether to go "eyeballs out" to win this with our best available 11. 

I would say this though: 

• it's going to be cold! and that increases the chances of a ligament or strain type injury that we can't afford at this key stage of the season. Heaven forbid if any of Vardy/Ndidi, Justin, Your or Madders pick up anything. 
  • We don't want or need an extra 30 minutes should it be level at full time. There's every chance of this happening given Brighton's recent form.  

My guess is Brendan will try and get more changes in than he wants to given the Liverpool game is so important. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Surely you'd also want to tell them about that trip to see Leicester play in Madrid/Munich/Barcelona too? I tell anyone who will listen about Madrid in 2017.

I seriously doubt I'd go. I'd rather tell them about winning things. I don't feel it's an honour to play Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Just now, Webbo said:

I seriously doubt I'd go. I'd rather tell them about winning things. I don't feel it's an honour to play Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to win the FA Cup too, but I equally want the club to progress and play in the ECL. That night against Sevilla was incredible, for example. That was a winning performance, even if it didn't result in a trophy.

• Like 1

It's quite possible that this present level of success won't last. It wouldn't surprise me to see us relegated in the next 10 years, that's been the history of our club. How long are we going to be competitive enough to win things? We should grab what we can, while we can.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's quite possible that this present level of success won't last. It wouldn't surprise me to see us relegated in the next 10 years, that's been the history of our club. How long are we going to be competitive enough to win things? We should grab what we can, while we can.

I agree. I hippe this team wins a trophy or two so they will be remembered for the brilliant team they are.

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not sure there’s any historical reference point to predict what will happen to Leicester city at the moment. I’m not sure we’ve ever been this established in the top division (a top 6 quality playing squad rather than a workman like team with 1 or 2 quality players, world class training facilities and some decent financial backing). For example, it’s not like if we lose one player, we are completely stuffed as the other 10 are at a really good level, as long as we are sensible and don’t start cutting costs / selling our assets.

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I said how it matters to you in the next sentence. It means we can build a squad that can aim to pick up trophies more regularly.

Rodgers says he'll have a look at one or two young players, I expect that at least means a debut for Leshabela.

Ward

Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs Thomas

Mendy Leshabela

Under Maddison Albrighton

Iheanacho

Schmeichel, Daley-Campbell, Ricardo, Evans, Choudhury, Tielemans, Perez, Barnes, Vardy

Looks very weak on paper but I can't see it being much stronger than that

• Like 2

Ricardo, Barnes, Youri could do with a rest, maybe Madders and Justin as well. He'll want to go into the Liverpool game in as best shape as possible and I think he take a risk of resting 4-6 players against Brighton. 

57 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I said how it matters to you in the next sentence. It means we can build a squad that can aim to pick up trophies more regularly.

When are we going to pick up more trophies if every year we ignore the cups so we can concentrate on finishing 4th?

Kasper,Vardy,Morgan,Albrighton,Fuchs will all have a Wembley final on their bucket list...and you could see how much it meant to Top when he and the rest of the family had a winner at Royal Ascot.

This is an opportunity they will not want to slip by if they can help it

30 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Rodgers says he'll have a look at one or two young players, I expect that at least means a debut for Leshabela.

Ward

Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs Thomas

Mendy Leshabela

Under Maddison Albrighton

Iheanacho

Schmeichel, Daley-Campbell, Ricardo, Evans, Choudhury, Tielemans, Perez, Barnes, Vardy

Looks very weak on paper but I can't see it being much stronger than that

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Daley-Campbell and Leshabela to get debuts I think

Tavares and Pennant are the two that are most talented. Daley-Campbell is horse manure. A modern day full back who cannot attack, not a single goal or assist since he arrived here over 18 months ago. I honestly am shocked he's involved. 

God to hear a few might get a chance though. Ben Nelson getting injured just at the wrong time, would likely be our youngest player for many many years.

I’ve built this up in my mind now and I really want us to have a proper crack at the FA cup this season. I will be absolutely seething if there’s too much rotation here. 8/10 we lose to Liverpool no matter what team we put out in my view so get this one won and get in to the quarters of the cup!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tavares and Pennant are the two that are most talented. Daley-Campbell is horse manure. A modern day full back who cannot attack, not a single goal or assist since he arrived here over 18 months ago. I honestly am shocked he's involved. 

God to hear a few might get a chance though. Ben Nelson getting injured just at the wrong time, would likely be our youngest player for many many years.

I think that's a bit harsh on Daley-Campbell, I think he's not technically a bad player but I do agree he isn't great going forwards, but they're having a look at him at CB at the moment in the U23s which might be where he can excel. He might be one of those that excelled in the younger age groups because of his physical attributes and now he's coming up short, though.

I've been very impressed with Nelson, especially given he's been thrown in with a fairly inexperienced partner in O'Connor (or even Godsmark-Ford) in the U23s - Johnson, Hughes, Knight, Pascanu etc. are all long gone.

I would expect Leshabela to be the only one to get on the pitch, though. U23s have got a fairly thin squad so tonight's game could be interesting if others are training with the seniors and therefore can't play.

• Like 2