Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

Ward 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Under - Perez - Barnes 

Iheanacho

Really want to win to progress in the cup but I really want to pile more misery on Liverpool at the weekend hence some of the key names missing...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ward 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Under - Perez - Barnes 

Iheanacho

Really want to win to progress in the cup but I really want to pile more misery on Liverpool at the weekend hence some of the key names missing...

Player short there fella

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

We've more chance of winning the cup than the league. Play a strong side.

But top 4 gets champs league. I really want us to win the fa cup but I feel our best chance of keeping our squad together and also having some finances to improve the squad is by getting top 4 and champs league. We should be able to do Brighton with our reserves to be fair. Some players looked tired today and a rest for the likes of Tielemans and Evans would be a good shout. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kasper, Ricardo, Thomas, Soyuncu, Amartey, Hamza, Maddison, Under, Perez, Albrighton, Nacho with Perez playing as a 10 behind Nacho. Vardy, Barnes and Youri on the bench just in case.

Or play Mendy over Hamza 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Christ no Ric! That’s a guaranteed lose against a decent PL side.

I think Brighton are one of the worst teams in the league. Not having them one bit. Play the kids, take the win. Move on to Saturday and win again.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Brighton are one of the worst teams in the league. Not having them one bit. Play the kids, take the win. Move on to Saturday and win again.

Good enough to beat Spurs. We need to rotate Ric, but not play three debutants. It’s a must win game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We have to make changes and hope for the best. Questions is do we need to test Ndidi out here for a half or leave it until Liverpool. Same with Vardy, I'd be tempted to start him and bring him off. 

I think a back 3 is the only way we rest players at the back. 

Ward 

Amartey 

Soyuncu 

Fuchs 

Albrighton 

Ndidi 

Mendy 

Thomas 

Under 

Vardy 

Iheanacho 

5 subs allows us to take Ndidi and Vardy off at half time. Either that or start Choudhury and Perez and bring them on 

Take the cup seriously an exit from the cup and still losing to Liverpool will I believe bring a downturn to the season.

57 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

But top 4 gets champs league. I really want us to win the fa cup but I feel our best chance of keeping our squad together and also having some finances to improve the squad is by getting top 4 and champs league. We should be able to do Brighton with our reserves to be fair. Some players looked tired today and a rest for the likes of Tielemans and Evans would be a good shout. 

The Champions League might be good for the clubs finances but nobody is going to remember getting to the quarter/semi finals, if that. As a fan I want to win trophies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

He will get absolute pelters if he rests too many and we lose to these and he’ll know that too. 

He will also get pelters if we go full strength, go through and then look knackered against Liverpool

He will piss people off no matter what decision he makes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He will also get pelters if we go full strength, go through and then look knackered against Liverpool

He will piss people off no matter what decision he makes

I would be more pissed off personally if we lose to these because we are unequivocally better than them and I don’t think I’m being unfair to Brighton by saying that. 

I stopped caring about results against Liverpool under Rodgers because it’s quite clear there’s some sort of hex on him whenever he goes up against them. They turn in to 11 Lance Armstrong’s who act like they’ll all be sent to the wall if they don’t win when they play against us.  

• Haha 1