Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

I Couleur give a holt what various fans Keep suggesting for Team selection....

Rodgers is the man, & he will know the  Risks &  gameday squad he wants.

I wont break out in a Sweat over it..!!ich

I will like always, sit back and enjoy the game.....

Will be interesting..Brighton have found some form, our squad is slowly getting fit & coming together..

Unlike some I See  Brighton,L'pool and our European Opponent games, all important...& dont prioritise any....

I expect all selected players to give their best..opportunities will crop up & its in their hands to make a drop of their own history...

8 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Any other year, I’d choose the FA Cup over finishing in the top 4, but not this time.

We wouldn’t get to go to Wembley, whereas we could go to some CL games next year.

That said, they’re not mutually exclusive, so let’s have a go at both. 

100% this. This is very much a one off season for me. Normally would be well up for this but not this time, unless there is any chance of fans being at the latter rounds.

11 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Misunderstood your date references.

But they will likely play their first team against us.

They have a 2-legged CL tie.

With the 2d leg at home following the international break and a PL game vs Fulham.

No problems. I suppose it depends on what Klopp priorities are. Is the Champions League his only real chance of success and with their indifferent home form, they may choose to try and ensure the tie is in their favour before adding extra pressure on the second leg. I hope we try to do the same in Prague on Thursday, particularly as we have an extra two days rest.

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
6 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Not that I'm against this idea as I think the EL is very winnable with our strongest 11 but if BR rests his strongest 11 in this game you would have to ask what was the point in playing strong teams against Stoke and Brentford

Good point. I think he’ll go as strong as he can bearing in mind it’s Liverpool a few days later and the Europa League’s coming back. I’d be surprised if Vardy doesn’t play at least a half; but I’d be surprised if Ndidi plays - too much of a risk, and we’ll need him v Liverpool if possible.

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown

I don’t see why we can’t get top four, win the Europa League and win the FA Cup. That’d be a decent season...

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Armarty Justin

Hamza Tielemens

Madders

Under          Vardy       Barnes

potential there to have the game killed at half time and rest some legs too, only worry is if we don't take advantage in the first half, then those same players ...youri, barnes, riccy and madders could end up with another 90mins under their belts before the Liverpool game, who lets not forget, haven't got a mid week game

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ward 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Under - Perez - Barnes 

Iheanacho

Really want to win to progress in the cup but I really want to pile more misery on Liverpool at the weekend hence some of the key names missing...

Bit risky playing with only 9 outfielders, but rests an extra one I suppose.

16 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Match them up and make a few changes as we have so many games in the next few weeks. 

Ward

Amartey

Soyuncu 

Fuchs

Albrighton

Mendy

Tielemans 

Thomas

Perez

Under 

Iheanacho 

Choudhury for Youri and it's the team I'd play. Tough ask for them but they all need to be fit and ready for a mammoth few months now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeweightHK said:

Maybe we should let the team rest and focus on PL and EL?

It's the FA Cup.  It's a trophy.  We have tried over a hundred times and never won it.  We should definitely field a team.  We should field a strong team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You don't get a cup for finishing 4th.

No, you don't, but you do get Champion's League, which is where the serious cash is. The cash we could use to build a squad that's better equipped to compete on all fronts.

I'd love for us to finally win the FA Cup, and it looks like we're taking it seriously this year. The main aim for us this season, though, has to be finishing in the top 4 in the league. That's what will give us the biggest boost long-term. Having to face Liverpool only 3 days after this, I'd want to rest a few players who could use it, or sub them off early.

I don't envy Brendan picking the team for this one. I think I'd want to get the better fringe players involved, but still put out a decent team.

Kasper

JJ    Amartey    Soyuncu  Thomas

Mendy      Hamza

Under      Perez      Albrighton

Nacho

Subs: Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy

That's a very, very strong bench and there's 5 subs allowed, so you could bring 3 big guns on at half time if we need a goal, and still have 2 more subs to use to either further strengthen, or to rest players later in the game.

You could go the other way and start strongly, hope to get a lead and then rest players, but then there's a danger that you don't get the lead and you end up not resting anyone. I think having a strong bench makes it much easier to affect the game later on.

• Like 4