Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to win the FA Cup too, but I equally want the club to progress and play in the ECL. That night against Sevilla was incredible, for example. That was a winning performance, even if it didn't result in a trophy.

We got absolutely battered (the fans, too!) for 90 minutes lol

But I know what you mean re 'winning' attitude, certainly!

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’ve built this up in my mind now and I really want us to have a proper crack at the FA cup this season. I will be absolutely seething if there’s too much rotation here. 8/10 we lose to Liverpool no matter what team we put out in my view so get this one won and get in to the quarters of the cup!

Ditto. It's going to be 'so Leicester' to see our second-string side get knocked out with a whimper against Brighton and then lose comfortably to Liverpool anyway.

Hindsight will be the winner whatever happens, unless we make the top 4 and win the FA Cup. If we get knocked out, whether it be midweek or later in the competition, then those who have been calling for players to be rested will say that we've wasted however many minutes of football playing first teamers for no benefit. If we drop out of the top 4 and don't win the FA Cup or the Europa League then similar will be said also. 

My preference would be resting anybody who needs to be rested and playing the rest. Not just resting for the sake of it. The likes of Justin and Barnes (though he looked a little off yesterday) generally look like they could play 7 days a week so I'd happily keep them in.

Evans, Soyuncu and Tielemans are the biggest concerns thanks to the Praet and Fofana injuries but that's why BR is paid the big bucks to make these decisions I guess! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Ward

Ricardo

Evans 

Amartey

Fuchs

Mendy

Choudhury

Perez

Maddison

Albrighton

Kelechi

Don't want Youri/Vardy anywhere near this one. 

bang on vardy might come of the bench but he needs protecting

I'd go with Under instead of albrighton

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't see why we wouldn't take this game fully seriously, otherwise what was the point in playing strong teams in the previous 2 rounds?

Perhaps the manager, players and the club now really do feel they can finish in the top 4 and qualifying for the Champions League has the most importance for the remainder of the season

1 minute ago, Solihullfox said:

Perhaps the manager, players and the club now really do feel they can finish in the top 4 and qualifying for the Champions League has the most importance for the remainder of the season

I'm not sure what would have changed between now and the last round.

Just now, filbertway said:

I'm not sure what would have changed between now and the last round.

Maybe it’s just a reflection in the level of belief. If they feel they can get top 4 then guarding against injury to some of the top performing players becomes a natural thing, especially looking at all of the games to come.

21 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ward 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Under - Perez - Barnes 

Iheanacho

Really want to win to progress in the cup but I really want to pile more misery on Liverpool at the weekend hence some of the key names missing...

I like that team for this game but maybe with Albrighton in for Barnes. 

I do still want us to get to the final this year, you'd assume they might do something like the superbowl last night, with 20k vaccinated key workers. Would be a nice touch and provide a level of atmosphere and make it a bit more like a final!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Who used to bum the academy kids was it Tharican? Did he change his name to Ric Flair 😂

As I recall it was quite selective bumming . He had an Alan Sheehan fetish I think -his opinions on players were a bit unconventional  I could say more but perhaps best not to 

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

We should want to win every game, regardless of the competition.

Rodgers wants to do well in this.

Yes . I’ve been impressed with his commitment to the competition so far . It wouldn’t make sense to put out strong sides against Championship opposition and give it up against Prem opposition ( I still think we’ll lose though :()

On 07/02/2021 at 20:39, Manini said:

I would be more pissed off personally if we lose to these because we are unequivocally better than them and I don’t think I’m being unfair to Brighton by saying that. 

I stopped caring about results against Liverpool under Rodgers because it’s quite clear there’s some sort of hex on him whenever he goes up against them. They turn in to 11 Lance Armstrong’s who act like they’ll all be sent to the wall if they don’t win when they play against us.  

I liked this for the second paragraph then I unliked it after re-reading the first.

The 2nd one is spot on, can't believe how badly their "reserves" schooled us last time.

But as for the first, whatever will be will be, is my attitude towards the cup.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ward 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Under - Perez - Barnes 

Iheanacho

Really want to win to progress in the cup but I really want to pile more misery on Liverpool at the weekend hence some of the key names missing...

...looking to give Brighton a leg up!!!

If they can't beat us with 10 men, then shame on them. 

• Thanks 1