Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

Guest Underfan
14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under will definitely start. I would love to see Barnes and Maddison rested, they looked utterly tired in the last 10 minutes of the wolves game today. I dont understand why Brendan never subs them if they had not scored or assisted any. Hope to see Vardy on the pitch but feel pity for Nacho who doesnt deserve to be rusted on the bench.

Edited by Underfan

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Oh and Liverpool in Champions league Tuesday night, they won’t risk everyone against us, it is the only trophy they can win.....

No, they not. They have the entire week to prepare for us.

Their CL campaigns resumes the following week on the 16th.

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

No, they not. They have the entire week to prepare for us.

Their CL campaigns resumes the following week on the 16th.

Yes, they are. They play On Tuesday after our game on Saturday, so may not play all their first team on Saturday.

Ward, Ricardo 60 mins, Amartey,Soyuncu,Thomas, Albrighton, Mendy, choudhary,Under, Perez in behind Iheanacho! I think the clue for this fixture was in the training video posted with vardy/Fuchs etc training with Tavares and a few of the kids. I think the young man will be in the squad!   It would be nice if Tavares starred and gave us another exciting option. 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Under will definitely start. I would love to see Barnes and Maddison rested, they looked utterly tired in the last 10 minutes of the wolves game today. I dont understand why Brendan never subs them if they had not scored or assisted any. Hope to see Vardy on the pitch but feel pity for Nacho who doesnt deserve to be rusted on the bench.

Said the same on wolves thread a few look tired! I’d guess under will start from Rogers ‘Wednesday is a new game’ 

get an early goal and hopefully can build on that and manage the game well. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Any other year, I’d choose the FA Cup over finishing in the top 4, but not this time.

We wouldn’t get to go to Wembley, whereas we could go to some CL games next year.

That said, they’re not mutually exclusive, so let’s have a go at both. 

There's more chance of fans in attendance at Wembley than any European games.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There's more chance of fans in attendance at Wembley than any European games.

Yep, most adults will have a jab before the final, there should be at least some fans allowed, I'm sure.

22 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes, they are. They play On Tuesday after our game on Saturday, so may not play all their first team on Saturday.

Misunderstood your date references.

But they will likely play their first team against us.

They have a 2-legged CL tie.

With the 2d leg at home following the international break and a PL game vs Fulham.

Guest Underfan
1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Said the same on wolves thread a few look tired! I’d guess under will start from Rogers ‘Wednesday is a new game’ 

get an early goal and hopefully can build on that and manage the game well. 

Under already managed the games he played  very well and deserved more than current given 235 minutes in League matches.So i am suspicious that a build up will follow in any circumstance. But I am pretty sure that he will again show that he is the better alternative on the right wing for sure even when he hasnt got any match fitness. 

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

We've more chance of winning the cup than the league. Play a strong side.

Whatever side we put out will be strong. Whole reason we’ve spent millions on a squad is to be competitive in all competitions. Our second string is more than good enough to win this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When would be the right time to win trophies? What's the point of accumulating money if you're not even going to try to win things?

I hear what you're saying but I'm thinking long term success. Like when we won the league it was amazing but we didnt think fck it doesnt matter if we get relegated now, we continued to build (yes we had a few blips) and have got to where we are now. We could win the fa cup this season and that would be great, but Wigan won the fa cup not too long ago and look at them now. I want us to win trophys and I want us to win the fa cup but for now I want us to keep improving our squad and keep our squad together for long term success rather than just thinking about short term success. In a ideal world I'd like us to finish top 4 and win the fa cup but not sure if our squad is robust enough to go all season in 3 comps. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When would be the right time to win trophies? What's the point of accumulating money if you're not even going to try to win things?

Any other year, I’d agree but if we finally won the FA Cup and couldn’t be there, it’d be a sickener.

Obviously I’d rather that than nothing, but in this particular season, I’d rather we finished in the top 4. As I say, they’re not mutually exclusive, so I’m hoping Rodgers gives it a good go on all fronts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Any other year, I’d agree but if we finally won the FA Cup and couldn’t be there, it’d be a sickener.

Obviously I’d rather that than nothing, but in this particular season, I’d rather we finished in the top 4. As I say, they’re not mutually exclusive, so I’m hoping Rodgers gives it a good go on all fronts. 

There's nothing to say we can't win it this year and another year as well.

Really don’t want to see Barnes/tieliemans/Maddison in the squad! They need a rest! Perez best role is Maddison’s role. So him with under one side and albrighton the other should be enough to create chances. I’d rather play Mendy and choudhary and rest ndidi too! He’s a fit lad anyway, I’m not sure what risking another hamstring injury would be worth tbh 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ward 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Under - Perez - Barnes 

Iheanacho

Really want to win to progress in the cup but I really want to pile more misery on Liverpool at the weekend hence some of the key names missing...

You'd think that lineup should be good enough to see this one through

Then again, it's Leicester City :dunno:

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1