Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Next ‘big star’ to be sold?

If we finish in the CL this could be the first summer we don’t need to sell a big star. Instead, we could sell some squad players and still make a decent return. 

Sign: Tarkowski (15m), Faivre (10m), Sowah (recall), Edouard (15m). Total: 40m

Sell: Perez or Iheanacho (10m), Choudhury (10m), Ghezzal (4m), Josh Knight (2m). Total: 26m

Net spend: 14m

• Like 1

We have got to keep Ndidi, Tielemans and Barnes. We are very good at recruiting at FB/CB so Soyuncu/Ricardo/Fofana do not bother me as much, and none of them leaving would weaken our best starting XI that much once Justin is fit again by October/November hopefully.

Maddison could have a stormer of an end of the season and go to the Euros and explode onto the scene, though.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

If we finish in the CL this could be the first summer we don’t need to sell a big star. Instead, we could sell some squad players and still make a decent return. 

Sign: Tarkowski (15m), Faivre (10m), Sowah (recall), Edouard (15m). Total: 40m

Sell: Perez or Iheanacho (10m), Choudhury (10m), Ghezzal (4m), Josh Knight (2m). Total: 26m

Net spend: 14m

+ Morgan, Fuchs, Jakupovic contracts up - that’s about 150k p/w 

• Thanks 1

I just don't see anyone paying the sort of money we'd want for Ricardo. No one's going to be paying 60+ million for a RB who's been out for a year, especially in the current climate.

I'd absolutely hate it to happen, but think Ndidi and Tielemans are the most likely to go.

A lot will depend on whether we get Champions League football.

The next one will likely be Fofana; we have to accept we are a stepping stone and that he is young and fantastic and destined for the very top, with no real links to our club.

You always have a sneaky feeling about Man United and James Maddison too; but I don't think we're under big pressure to sell either.

Anyone who thinks Ndidi is going, if we get CL football, has to ask themselves where is he going? We'd want £80m? Plus he's under contract; and he's guaranteed to start here. Name me a better club who would pay that money, who need a DM to play every game and can guarantee that. Stranger things have happened but his family is settled here and I reckon he's here for the longterm.

(Watch us sell Ndidi now to make me look stupid)

• Like 4

Lack of ambition in this thread is frightening. We should now be in a position if we qualify for top 4 this year where we can retain our players and actually sign some bloody good ones too. If I was the likes of Tielemans / ndidi etc I would be knocking on the managers door encouraging him to sign some top players to improve the squad as an incentive to stay and kick on. I’m not delusional and thinking we should be signing world class players but we really need to stop with the expectation we are a club that will get raided every year as we are now in a position to afford not to do that. I know it has worked well for us so far but selling your best players is not a good way to move a club forwards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

The next one will likely be Fofana; we have to accept we are a stepping stone and that he is young and fantastic and destined for the very top, with no real links to our club.

You always have a sneaky feeling about Man United and James Maddison too; but I don't think we're under big pressure to sell either.

Anyone who thinks Ndidi is going, if we get CL football, has to ask themselves where is he going? We'd want £80m? Plus he's under contract; and he's guaranteed to start here. Name me a better club who would pay that money, who need a DM to play every game and can guarantee that. Stranger things have happened but his family is settled here and I reckon he's here for the longterm.

(Watch us sell Ndidi now to make me look stupid)

Manchester United surely

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Perhaps the question should be which player do you think another club will be desperate to get and the player will see it as a good move for them. 

That being said I think Ndidi will be most in demand.

I think he’s the one player we really can’t afford to lose. I’ve come to believe that he really makes the whole setup work.

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I think he’s the one player we really can’t afford to lose. I’ve come to believe that he really makes the whole setup work.

Exactly. I have no idea how but somehow we managed to sign Kante AND the next Kante in the space of two seasons lol 

No one did Makele's job until Kante came along YEARS later and now I see no one at a decent level doing Wilfs role, the man is an absolute monster with extendable ****ing legs lol

Who knows, maybe we have our eye on a youngster with his level of ability, but I think when Wilf leaves it'll be our system that has to change, rather than a player slotting in.

• Like 2

Ndidi goes we all strike! 

This is my worse fear of all the players.   

Barnes and Tielemans are also pretty integral to our teams future.   

Can see Ricardo leaving but for circa £35m, which with JJ now stepping up won't be the disaster it could have been. 

Hoping we manage to have a year of adding players (Winger/Striker) then loosing our key players though.  

29 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Possibly. But will be different for different positions? He will be approaching 30 in a year or so

I'm assuming you're one of our younger posters, certainly younger than me.

He's just turned 27, he has a number of years left yet.

Clubs don't automatically get rid the minute someone's past 28.

25 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Ndidi goes we all strike! 

This is my worse fear of all the players.   

Barnes and Tielemans are also pretty integral to our teams future.   

Can see Ricardo leaving but for circa £35m, which with JJ now stepping up won't be the disaster it could have been. 

Hoping we manage to have a year of adding players (Winger/Striker) then loosing our key players though.  

JJ won’t be fit until November time.. 

Would love to retain the team and not sell a star. Morgan and Fuchs will finish I think plus Hamza possibly will go. The only one I would sell would be possiblu Perez but I would love to retain the team for a year and build on it.  I may have a heart attack if its Ndidi, Youri, Barnes, Cags, Fofana, Madders........ I think the other possibility may be Ricardo but with JJ's injury now and the fact Ricardo is working himself back to full fitness we may get another season? 🤞🙏

1 hour ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Ndidi will ask to leave this summer if we don’t get CL

He absolutely loves it here, has a young child and is currently doing a degree at DMU. Maybe next summer, but can't see him asking to leave this, if anything he'll end up with a bumper new deal in the next few months then be sold in 12 months time for a huge amount.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Champions League and no one goes fingers crossed. 

agreed. If we get Champs League it probably offsets the value of selling a major asset. 

Can see a few fringe players moving to offset a new signing rather than losing a key player. 

Hamza (Can see Newcastle coming in for him in the summer if they sell the Longstaff's) 

Under (Yeah not our player but not sure we will activate the clause to buy him - which personally i think would be a shame, he just gives us a different option) 

Thomas ( We wont sell but should be looking to loan him out to a prem team and get a bit of a loan figure for him)

KDH (makes you wonder if a newly promoted team will offer us 10m or so for him but again i don't think we would sell) 

2 hours ago, murphy said:

85% of our turnover is tied up in wages I believe.  It's our only way of generating a decent transfer budget and goes to show that we are nowhere near the big six despite our league position.

This is essentially the reason we sell, otherwise we'd have no way of investing transfer budget into the squad. We spend the income from one transfer on two or three others, who will then go for vast amounts themselves in a few years time.

We're also investing in the training ground, stadium expansion and better hospitality facilities, which wil increase the turnover and hopefully get that 85% or so down to a lower number.

We have some gaps to cover in particular a sensible back up for Vardy. With any sort of European programme there remains pressure on the squad to cover two matches a week for much of the season.

I think we will sell one star player and tidy up things in the lesser players to free up some cash. A serious offer for Madders is my favourite and likely.

What we do with the money- deposit on the stadium expansion or new players is dependent on who we are looking to bring in.

Don't really want any of our good players to be sold this summer. Didn't mind that we sold Drinkwater Maguire and Chilwell, I thought they were poor for us in their last season's for us. I think we really need Ndidi and Ricardo, hard to find replacement s for them, other top 6 traditional would love us to sell them because it will weaken little  Leicester. Don't see the big clubs sell their top players unless they are unwanted.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

They love McTominay; have to play Pogba if available and already can't shoe-horn in Van de Beek. 

That's not even mentioning the wealth of other midfielders they have.

None of those would allow Man Utd to play a forward midfield pairing of Fernandes and Pogba/VDB, with Wilf they could

Hope he stays, but it feels a pretty sensible move for them

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

They love McTominay; have to play Pogba if available and already can't shoe-horn in Van de Beek. 

That's not even mentioning the wealth of other midfielders they have.

Grealish will replace Pogba this summer. Been lined up for a few years now, if they can get rid of pogba it'll happen.