Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Next ‘big star’ to be sold?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

None of those would allow Man Utd to play a forward midfield pairing of Fernandes and Pogba/VDB, with Wilf they could

Hope he stays, but it feels a pretty sensible move for them

Would be a good signing for them, just not sure why Wilf goes there; out of all the names mentioned; even ones through our own academy, Wilf may well be the best settled and has really put down routes here. His international prospects are still good with us, he will always play if available, the system we play suits him and if we get CL, he's in every competition he would be elsewhere.

FWIW I don't see us selling anyone unless its a monster offer and on our terms where we already have the replacement in; but I do suspect that a huge offer for Fofana might be taken since his stock is unbelievably high.

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Grealish will replace Pogba this summer. Been lined up for a few years now, if they can get rid of pogba it'll happen.

I think so too; but that just replaces the name. If Grealish is there, he plays. If Fernandes is there, he plays. If Pogba is there, he plays. McTominay is coming on in leaps and bounds. This ignores Fred and Van de Beek and they have very publically courted other midfielders.

Money is great and MUFC is a big name, but some players ultimately just want to play.

Not sure we'll get any ridiculous bids this summer and hopefully that will forever be what it takes to sign our best players. 

Not sure Wilf can be replaced, so perhaps a crazy bid for Forfana in 2022 if his trajectory continues.

I think this is where our policy of signing players with the right personality will help us out. 

Madders has been quite public in his criticism of 'the big 6' narrative and how happy he is here.

Wilf is a family man, married his long term partner and has a baby now

Youri is the same, married his childhood sweetheart and has lots of children, said that the only important thing wen he joined was that the area was right for them.

I know that's all a very nice way of thinking and money could turn anyone, but I really no think we have 3 or 4 top players who want to achieve their goals here before moving on. I believe those goals will involve winning a trophy and competing in the latter stages of the Champions League. 

I've just read Ndidi is off to Man Utd at the seasons end. At the beginning of the week i read Barnes need to be off to Man Utd at the end of the season. I read earlier in the month that Tiellemans needs to find a bigger club at the end of the season. In january Maddison was on Man Utd's radar. Seems all roads lead to Man Utd. Best ask Maguire on that one. Maybe Man Utd could be known one day as used to be Leicester City. Other than that it'll be Kante off to PSG.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Our revenue is on par with Newcastle. Can anyone explain why that is. We've finished way above them for years, played in Europe etc. 

What we earn in additional prize money for finishing 10 places above them is probably about the same as what they get in additional matchday revenue and commercial sponsorship?

Most clubs song be shelling out the sort of fees we’ll let out best players go far. The biggest danger at the minute is Real Madrid and Barcelona being off kilter because they’re frivolous spenders and need fresh blood.

I think we’ll be ok this summer, United were the obvious suitors for Maddison but they signed Fernandes. Can’t see anybody else being interested with the funds to pay £70m+ for him (Liverpool perhaps).

Tielemans possibly but I think the elite clubs could find better for not far off 3/4s of £100m. His lack of mobility would put off the clubs that could buy him.

Ndidi would be my biggest concern but can’t see him agitating for a move at all.

Fullback injuries mean it’ll be unlikely any of those go.

There’ll be interest in Barnes but we’ll tell any interested parties to get f ucked.

The Maguire deal was a perfect storm, Chilwell almost the same. We don’t need to sell so any buyers will have to pay way over the odds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Most clubs song be shelling out the sort of fees we’ll let out best players go far. The biggest danger at the minute is Real Madrid and Barcelona being off kilter because they’re frivolous spenders and need fresh blood.

I think we’ll be ok this summer, United were the obvious suitors for Maddison but they signed Fernandes. Can’t see anybody else being interested with the funds to pay £70m+ for him (Liverpool perhaps).

Tielemans possibly but I think the elite clubs could find better for not far off 3/4s of £100m. His lack of mobility would put off the clubs that could buy him.

Ndidi would be my biggest concern but can’t see him agitating for a move at all.

Fullback injuries mean it’ll be unlikely any of those go.

There’ll be interest in Barnes but we’ll tell any interested parties to get f ucked.

The Maguire deal was a perfect storm, Chilwell almost the same. We don’t need to sell so any buyers will have to pay way over the odds.

There's a lot of talk about Barcelona having a clear out and bringing through their own youth players for a couple of years; rebuilding phase coupled with needing to trim back the outgoings. 

• Like 1

There's so many and the truth of it is as decent as maguire was he was always totally replaceable, and chillwell wasn't exactly our best player either and had been really poor for months. Out of this crop you'd be really against any of the players who would fetch 50m+ to go. If you had to choose one I guess it would be one of soyuncu or fofana as they play the same position. If JJ hadn't got injured you could probably say the same about riccy. 

We're getting very close to the point where not selling a player for a big fee would actually make more of a statement than selling one. Could well be this summer or next, depending on if we qualify for CL. The number of clubs who could/would pay through the nose is growing smaller.

25 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

There's a lot of talk about Barcelona having a clear out and bringing through their own youth players for a couple of years; rebuilding phase coupled with needing to trim back the outgoings. 

Their wage structure is so out of control that they need to phase out the veterans on high wages and bring through the academy products just to get their head above water. A lot of people think, well it's Barcelona, they have endless amounts of cash, but every team has a limit, and they were operating in the red before the pandemic / loss of matchday revenue. 

It sounds insane, but It's more likely Leicester signs a Barcelona player in the summer than Barcelona shelling out 100M for one of our star players.

• Like 1

I hate to say it but for me personally Harvey Barnes is the best young English winger in the world at the moment. Yes even better than Sancho.

The confidence he has to run at players is unlike anything I've seen from an English player in many years. He reminds me of many of the old school type of players.

I pray you guys can keep hold of him, Maddison, Tiels, Ndidi and Fofana especially. If you can build your team around these 5 players, and add a proven striker, I genuinely think you can be regularly challenging for at least CL spots if not the PL title.

Edited by thankyouleicester

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

We won't get a say in it. I don't want anyone to be sold and if we qualify for the CL we won't need to sell anyone for money and nobody will want to leave for Chelsea or Man Utd. Man City and Liverpool are a different kettle of fish but I don't think any of our players will be on their radar.

Most likely to be next to go will be Maddison to an English club if we fail to get CL football or drop off significantly next season or Fofana to a European club as long as he continues his progress.

Kante left champions league football for chelsea no european football

1 minute ago, tylesta said:

Kante left champions league football for chelsea no european football

We weren't an established top premier league club at that point. Regardless of title Chelsea were a bigger club in 2016. We are a much more attractive prospect now with 5 years competing in the top half, 2 successful European ventures and the last 2 seasons being a mainstay of the top 4 buying quality players like Tielemens.

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Other teams dream of signing players like soyuncu, fofana, pereira. Our fans fantasise about the paycheck we can get for selling them...

Don't be so precious, that is a million miles from the truth. Being pragmatic and recognising the world in which we are currently required to operate is not fantasy, whereas thinking we have made it and compete directly with those of greater revenues than ours, that is fantasy.