Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think having Ndidi, Choudhury and Mendy all on was a bit of overkill personally and is only going to invite pressure, which it did. 

Just made me feel a bit uneasy watching it.

Yeh but Messi & Ronaldo havent yet signed, so poor ol'  Brendan, only had them to Call on...

I am sorry we turned down your application...I am sure your Knowledge & wisdom, would of See n us, 7 fps in Front of Man.City by now...!!

Just Think we could of had you...!!!

Should we be concerned about West Ham and Everton? 

Part of me would like to see them go back to their losing ways and disappear from the top 4 equation. But on the other hand it would be brilliant if at the end of the season the top 4 consisted of Man City, Leicester, West Ham and Everton, with 5 of the ''Big 6'' missing out on the Champions League.

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeh but Messi & Ronaldo havent yet signed, so poor ol'  Brendan, only had them to Call on...

I am sorry we turned down your application...I am sure your Knowledge & wisdom, would of See n us, 7 fps in Front of Man.City by now...!!

Just Think we could of had you...!!!

I've just ran my ideas of Nacho, Under and Albrighton through a simulator and we end the game 0-7. 

25 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I was a bit uneasy with the way we handled that game if I'm honest. 

Because we won it turned out the right decision to stop playing when we went 2-0 up and then bring on the 3 most defensive substitutions you're ever likely to see. 

If we had conceded Brendan would have had some serious questions to answer. 

Who would you have brought on in midfield who wasn't defensive? What creative players were available?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mullet1 said:

Absolutely gutted to be saying it but I think this might be the start of JV’s decline unfortunately. Big summer ahead. 

Not yet. Just needs a goal and confidence back he’s not missed anything that should have been banked - just needs to find form again. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Absolutely gutted to be saying it but I think this might be the start of JV’s decline unfortunately. Big summer ahead. 

You are bound to get it right One day, if you Keep repeating it...

Edited by fuchsntf

21 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think having Ndidi, Choudhury and Mendy all on was a bit of overkill personally and is only going to invite pressure, which it did. 

Just made me feel a bit uneasy watching it.

We were happy to welcome the pressure though. The ‘pressure’ was pretty easy to deal with too.

We sat back and said come and break us down because Rodgers knew they didn’t have the quality to do so. Sat in and they didn’t really create anything of note. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

I’d like to start every game with the team that finished today, had a real good balance to it

Kasper

Castagne

Amartey

Evans

Söyüncü 

Thomas

Choudhury

Ndidi

Mendy

Vardy

Barnes

Amartey still worries me and I think he's a weak link in a back 4 or 5.

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Who would you have brought on in midfield who wasn't defensive? What creative players were available?

Great post - this all day long. People moaning about game management need to look up what game management actually means, the fine margins and the difficult decisions involved.

Then they need to look at the table and where we are are in all competitions with what we have.

We’ve just watched Man City hold out 1-0 and take the points when their fans wanted 4 and were squeaky bum.... lessons to be learnt there over the emotion of a match and the practicalities of fielding a side fit to get a result in the next.

In BR we trust.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

Not yet. Just needs a goal and confidence back he’s not missed anything that should have been banked - just needs to find form again. 

This, his movement and pace still seem fine, and he didn't seem in any discomfort. I do think we're only about a year from him transitioning into a more impact sub/coaching role, sort of like Kevin Phillips

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

For those 'complaining' about our performance/the manager's substitutions at Villa...
Manchester City scored in the second minute at Arsenal, only had 2 other shots on target, not at their slick best and hung on for the win.

That is hailed as game management, the sign of champions.

:appl:...      Leicester fans cause their own  doubts & stress..its just in our DNA...seems some have forgot how to Enjoy all facits of the game

When a Leicester man goes to a phsycholigist...they Dont Lay on the sofa...they go to hide behind it...!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Amartey still worries me and I think he's a weak link in a back 4 or 5.

Disagree think he’s proved himself as a reliable centre back option barring a shakey game at Brentford. Not a good right back though

Really glad he’s stuck it out here and created a good niche for him in the squad 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That is hailed as game management, the sign of champions.

The sign of a good team, especially in the current COVID-impacted season, is to still win even though the performance might not match.

We've done that several times this season and it has to be praised, at least a little bit! There's a distinct improvement in the mental strength this side has. Great to see, in my humble opinion!

• Like 1