Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 hours ago, Corky said:

We have tended to see out tight games this year, I think us as fans are hard wired to expect the worst.

I blame Micky Adams and his regular crapping of underwear whenever we had a lead with 10 minutes to play.

So’ton (h): led 2-0, drew 2-2. 
Spurs (h): led 1-0, lost 2-1. 
Wolves (a): led 3-0, lost 4-3. 
Ch’ton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1. 
Everton (a): led 2-1, lost 3-2. 
N’castle (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1. 
Bolton (a): led 1-0, drew 2-2. 
Boro (a): led 3-1, drew 3-3. 
Bolton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1. 
Spurs (a): led 4-3, drew 4-4.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Can’t underestimate how impressive these results are after a late midweek away game in a foreign country. Plenty of teams have struggled to juggle the demands of the PL with the Europa League but notwithstanding the many injuries and number of games this squad have coped and performed incredibly well 

Was literally coming into say that - be a lot of the squad who haven’t been back to their partners or kids from Wednesday onwards. 

That’s two weeks we’ve faced teams fresh with no midweek game and won 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Was literally coming into say that - be a lot of the squad who haven’t been back to their partners or kids from Wednesday onwards. 

That’s two weeks we’ve faced teams fresh with no midweek game and won 

I think he meant 'Don't underestimate'...

11 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I don’t think that Vardy is off it or declining, he has changed the way he plays as a result of our style changing.

He doesn’t press like he used to as we have a solid back 4 and two centre mids we trust to win the ball back for him. 

When we do win it we don’t fire it straight over the top or down the channel for him to chase. We have ball players who don’t lose the ball and we patiently work it up the pitch.

He can shift when he needs to and at 34 is picking his moments to prolong his involvement in individuals games and his career as a whole.

The work he did today will go un-noticed by many but not by me. Playing on the shoulder and careful movement prevent the opposition from pushing too high up the pitch. He’s still got an awful lot to give. 

He hasn’t been pressing HARD in years I don’t really care about that. He doesn’t need to do that. He has been off it in recent games in terms of a goalthreat, although today was much better. 

26 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Ok fair enough but the point was that CR would often not defend a lead (to an extreme) he’d leave the attacking players on the pitch.

It’s great that we won but I thought ending today’s game with 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders was unnecessary against a poor villa side, against a better side it could have easily cost us, all it does is invite pressure.

I think the two teams are incomparable especially in terms of attacking players. In the 15/16 team the only 'luxury player' we had who didn't chip in much with defending was Mahrez. The rest of the team all did their part with Vardy, Okazaki and Albrighton pressing from the front then the rest of the team was compact behind them. 

With this team we don't have that same energy up front anymore and Vardy doesn't press anywhere near as much as he did. We then have Barnes and Maddison who don't contribute as much as i.e Albrighton and Drinkwater did defensively. Add to that we are more expansive with marauding full backs and the two teams are incomparable. 

We ended with 3 CDMs to be more compact and because Maddison was carrying a knock and Tielemans was knackered. Don't think you can criticise BR at all really. 

12 minutes ago, Steven said:

Oh good god, I did not need reminding of THOSE results >_<

30 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Did we have any experienced attacking midfielders on the bench? Who would you have brought in out of interest!

I would have gone for Albrighton  instead of Amartey. I thought that was a strange one to be honest, it was just a more stressful last 20 mins that I thought it needed to be, Villa were there for the taking.

1 hour ago, Mullet1 said:

Absolutely gutted to be saying it but I think this might be the start of JV’s decline unfortunately. Big summer ahead. 

I disagree, unless the injury affected him more than meets the eye. He always goes through barren spells, when he gets some confidence back he’ll be blasting them in again. The great thing is we now have other players contributing more goals (Barnes, Maddison)

• Like 1

Vardy has never been anything less than B+ - A+ for this club. Today he was chasing forward more than any time since his return and doing fair amount of setting his oppos up. Some people seem to make up reasons as to why he's not as 'effective' as he was - age, injury, even lacking interest. It's bo**cks. Even having him on the field creates anxiety for opponents and his off-ball movement, positioning and placing of passes is at a level unseen in most strikers. He's one of the most intelligent players I've seen, for all his madcappery. I cannot abide people taking a poke at him because he's not scoring two a game.

As to the 'poor' (in some posters' minds) second half - Jesus H. Christ - the team put together some of the best football I've ever seen played in the royal blue in that first half. Could have been three or four up - but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe they were tired or burned out or Villa got a rocket up their collective arse at half-time, but they stuck to their task and defended more than competently. Didn't have Grealish or Cash...dear me, who haven't we had through this season? Second/third in the Prem with more wins than anyone except the moneybags Manks. Unlike several posters, I'm both happy with the result and the second-half performance and absolutely ecstatic about the first half performance.

This is the best Leicester City ever - we stride over the green sward like gods.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

Timmy and Ricardo running that side together 😍🥰 jeez! Ricardo back to his best and blooming well done to timmy. Back from an injury and a high pressure game and he played the full match and smashed it 👏👏👏👏

Still think poor ricky is playing within himself. I reckon he's at 75% right now. I love him to bits. He'll be at his usual insane level next season. 

Thought Timmy was awesome. He didn't look fully fit last time he returned. This time he looked as if the break had done him.good. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Steven said:

That's of course why we got relegated that season!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Steven said:

The boro game still hurts. 3-1 up at 90 mins with a modest 5 mins of injury time. 

I swear to this day that game killed our season. We'd have stayed up i reckon had we seen that out.

That useless fcking shitbag john curtis blew it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven said:

I still p@ssed off about the Boro’ game 😖😖😖

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I don’t think that Vardy is off it or declining, he has changed the way he plays as a result of our style changing.

He doesn’t press like he used to as we have a solid back 4 and two centre mids we trust to win the ball back for him. 

When we do win it we don’t fire it straight over the top or down the channel for him to chase. We have ball players who don’t lose the ball and we patiently work it up the pitch.

He can shift when he needs to and at 34 is picking his moments to prolong his involvement in individuals games and his career as a whole.

The work he did today will go un-noticed by many but not by me. Playing on the shoulder and careful movement prevent the opposition from pushing too high up the pitch. He’s still got an awful lot to give. 

Both goals came from his work.

- First goal he occupies the defenders who are terrified of him, meaning Maddison can drift between the lines and pick up spaces where he is free on the ball. Quality finish from Maddison, but Vardy and Barnes work that space for him.

- Second goal comes from his snap shot, with Barnes following in.

Vardy could have been better but is still pivotal to the way we play. Credit goes to Barnes and Maddison who are really stepping up their games so we have a goal threat from 3 players now. If we could get a right wing version of Barnes we'd be one hell of a team!

• Like 2