Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Both goals came from his work.

- First goal he occupies the defenders who are terrified of him, meaning Maddison can drift between the lines and pick up spaces where he is free on the ball. Quality finish from Maddison, but Vardy and Barnes work that space for him.

- Second goal comes from his snap shot, with Barnes following in.

Vardy could have been better but is still pivotal to the way we play. Credit goes to Barnes and Maddison who are really stepping up their games so we have a goal threat from 3 players now. If we could get a right wing version of Barnes we'd be one hell of a team!

Anyone know of one? I’d happily take Thauvaine (spelling) on a free but any other suggestions? I know @Ric Flair may have a few suggestions lol  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

It's a real pleasure to watch these guys work their ****in! socks off game after game after game........and still get the job done.

Squad depth and performance has been excellent this year, key injuries and we still grind it out.

Thomas, Mendy, Justin and others stepping up when our main men got crocked.

Please, no more negativity, we are punching way above our weight because we have such a gifted and spirited squad.

Whatever happens after 38 games, Leicester City THANK YOU for lifting my lockdown blues.

Out of reps so 👍🏽

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

The last 15 min the players were on their arse. There's were gone. The games are adding up and injuries and fatigue will kick in hard if we go far in Europe.

Totally agree.

Last 15 today we were on the racks physically.
Considering our injuries and consistent fatigue from a relentless schedule, it's astonishing to see this season becoming as enjoyable as it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

The last 15 min the players were on their arse. There's were gone. The games are adding up and injuries and fatigue will kick in hard if we go far in Europe.

This is our biggest worry right now. Whilst it’s hilarious watching the scousers totally and utterly implode, it shows how a raft of injuries can decimate a teams confidence and results. Thus far Rodgers deserves massive plaudits for making the best use of our squad, and today it was notable how squad players like Thomas, Hamza, Amartey and Mendy all did a job when called upon. But there’s only so many games and injuries a squad can take before they fall apart!

I reckon we’ll see quite a few more games where we play 3 at the back when Fofana returns, just to conserve energy for key players. During the first half of the season we did that a lot whilst we waited for Ndidi and Maddison to return to full fitness and it got us results even if performances weren’t always great. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Can't remember the last time I was that nervous towards the end, but really pleased overall, great result

Thomas is the real deal isn't he?

Another great academy product it seems. 19 years old, third choice LB behind Justin and Fuchs, and he steps up to first team level without batting an eyelid.

When we play this good as we did 1st half without having to go into top gear its a delight to watch.

However part of me is selfish and I want us to be ruthless and take a 3 or 4-0 lead only so the game can be put to bed

and we can rest some players and have the subs defend the rest if the game. I just knew being 2-0 we were gonna tire

or some mistake will lead to villa getting back into the game. Smiffy was going to launch a rocket up their arses so the

way they came out 2nd half was to be expected. This is why I'd like to kill teams off in the 1st half.

The un-selfish me has to admit the boys are bloody knackered and can't keep up the intensity for a full 90.

So credit where credit is due to the lads and Brendan for bringing us the win which is payback for villa.

Everyone played well but young Thomas and Barnes were killer. Ricky is inching his way back to 100% and when he gets

there its gonna be great. My only concern is over Vardy. He still doesn't seem to have found his killer touch and finish.

Is it a mental thing or just too long out? Anyway hope he bags a hatrick against Prague in the week and comes up with some

sort of cheeky fox hunt celebration. Good folks at KP please pin up the blue eyed fox banners everywhere lets show them

what happens when the fox hunters become hunted! :scarf::clap:

Chewed a bit more nail in the second half than I was expecting after the comfortable first, where I think we briefly caught a glimpse of the sort of first team we can put out when everyone is fit. Thought Luke Thomas did brilliantly. Doesn’t look at all out of place and links up so well with Barnes. Thanks goodness with JJ out.

So it looks like when everyone is fit, Rodgers might see Ricardo and/or Timmy as an upgrade on Marc who’s been a little off recently. Surprised he didn’t give Vardy a bit of a rest.

Hope Maddison and Youri are OK.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

When we play this good as we did 1st half without having to go into top gear its a delight to watch.

However part of me is selfish and I want us to be ruthless and take a 3 or 4-0 lead only so the game can be put to bed

and we can rest some players and have the subs defend the rest if the game. I just knew being 2-0 we were gonna tire

or some mistake will lead to villa getting back into the game. Smiffy was going to launch a rocket up their arses so the

way they came out 2nd half was to be expected. This is why I'd like to kill teams off in the 1st half.

The un-selfish me has to admit the boys are bloody knackered and can't keep up the intensity for a full 90.

So credit where credit is due to the lads and Brendan for bringing us the win which is payback for villa.

Everyone played well but young Thomas and Barnes were killer. Ricky is inching his way back to 100% and when he gets

there its gonna be great. My only concern is over Vardy. He still doesn't seem to have found his killer touch and finish.

Is it a mental thing or just too long out? Anyway hope he bags a hatrick against Prague in the week and comes up with some

sort of cheeky fox hunt celebration. Good folks at KP please pin up the blue eyed fox banners everywhere lets show them

what happens when the fox hunters become hunted! :scarf::clap:

It frustrates the hell out of me, the number of games where we've taken a team apart in the first half but not been ruthless enough to press for the goals that the dominance deserves, and you worry that we will pay for it 2nd half.  This trait was there last season too. ( Worst example of that was the Bournemouth game, although I guess that was a particularly abnormal implosion).  I guess I am expecting too much - perfection - but by being too casual like that first half, rather than stepping up another half a gear and going for the jugular, we risk causing unnecessary problems for ourselves 2nd half.  My heart can't take all these nervy 2nd halves!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

It frustrates the hell out of me, the number of games where we've taken a team apart in the first half but not been ruthless enough to press for the goals that the dominance deserves, and you worry that we will pay for it 2nd half.  This trait was there last season too. ( Worst example of that was the Bournemouth game, although I guess that was a particularly abnormal implosion).  I guess I am expecting too much - perfection - but by being too casual like that first half, rather than stepping up another half a gear and going for the jugular, we risk causing unnecessary problems for ourselves 2nd half.  My heart can't take all these nervy 2nd halves!

We must surely expect teams that have a dreadful first 45 to come out with a different attitude or tactics for the second half.  Sometimes it looks as though we just go in and rodgers says ‘that’s great - same again for the second period lads’.  Palace (A) was a great example. 

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

I'm sure more than an element of managing fitness comes into it. In alot of games we seem to just have spells of aggressive football (Liverpool, Fulham) 

The squad is getting thinner every game, at points we have to slow it down somewhat which will always play into the opposition's hands. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Both goals came from his work.

- First goal he occupies the defenders who are terrified of him, meaning Maddison can drift between the lines and pick up spaces where he is free on the ball. Quality finish from Maddison, but Vardy and Barnes work that space for him.

- Second goal comes from his snap shot, with Barnes following in.

Vardy could have been better but is still pivotal to the way we play. Credit goes to Barnes and Maddison who are really stepping up their games so we have a goal threat from 3 players now. If we could get a right wing version of Barnes we'd be one hell of a team!

We could have in Under, but yeah it's a bit like Liverpool, you can stop Salah but thens theres Mane and Firmino. Stop Vardy and you no longer stop Leicester.

• Like 2

Hey does anyone know anymore about kaspers dangle berries getting squeezed by traore. Villa fans and some pundits were up in arms about why kasper was so pissed during that altercation. 

Was mentioned by stringer on his podcast too.

maybe there’s video footage?

surely if the FA investigates it could mean possibly sexual assault charges? I mean in any other walk of life it would be why not football?

just saying... :huh:

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Hey does anyone know anymore about kaspers dangle berries getting squeezed by traore. Villa fans and some pundits were up in arms about why kasper was so pissed during that altercation. 

Was mentioned by stringer on his podcast too.

maybe there’s video footage?

surely if the FA investigates it could mean possibly sexual assault charges? I mean in any other walk of life it would be why not football?

just saying... :huh:

Look at around 9 seconds in. 

You might have to watch a few times. His hand does seem to go towards kasper's groin but god knows if that's what actually happened. It would explain why Kasper was so baffled.