Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm no fan of it but we see out games under Rodgers so for now I suppose we put up with it. We've very little alternative mind you.

As I said above, 3 points so all well ends well...

But a 2-way Albrighton for Ricardo seems a pretty good “alternative”.

There was a really weird bit halfway into the second half.

Barnes was on the attack, but he was caught up with, he stopped and passed it back.

Hinchcliffe in co-comms suggested it looked like the attack happened in slow motion.

From then on, the team looked like it was running on empty.

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Thought Barnes and especially Luke Thomas were class. Thomas is turning into a solid Lb and has massively improved his defensive game in recent months, also his link up with Barnes is class. 👏🏻 To think we had to put up with Ben Chilwell there for 3 years when weve been spoiled with Justin and Thomas in 6 months 😂

Absolutely, Thomas was brilliant. Chilwell? I already forgot about him lol

We're almost spoilt having this many quality defenders right now. Great times

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's so difficult to keep the juggernaut going when we have so many games and so many injuries. I'm just so proud of their mental resilience and bottle, that has improved no end since last seasons capitulation. 

Not saying we have to go out and score another 2/3 goals but going back into our shell againts a pants villa team:frusty:.

Is it really so taxing just to keep the ball and not give the opposition a sniff?

• Like 1

Just now, eastendfox said:

Defining winning ugly. Did enough. Move on.

Winning ugly? It wasn’t exactly a Burnley sit 10 men behind the ball 1-0 was it.

Thought we were excellent 1st half and deservedly went in 2-0 in front.

2nd half we looked jaded and conceded a poor goal which put a bit of pressure on us. Sat back more but we did the job pretty comfortably.

• Like 2

Excellent win!

Thought we were brilliant first half, not sure we’ve ever been so quick and dominant out of the traps.

After going 2 up I thought we let them come on to us abit.

2nd half, it was a nervy tough watch, I was waiting for the equaliser right up until the final whistle but we stayed strong, solid and seen it out.

Fabulous first half. Showed grit in the second. Result huge. But Madders now possibly injured. Nacho facing a suspension and JV looking totally out of sorts. There are some difficult days ahead from

an attacking perspective. Barnes form/fitness is massively important for next week or so.