Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

29 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

Thought it was a bit risky letting them onto us given the 90th minute winner they scored at the KP but we won so **** it. Less said about these games the better atm. Just keep grinding out the results don’t worry about the performance. Great mentality.

Don t know what you mean...I thought it was a Great game, Fans getting stressed, when we were .more defensive,but still with Good movement,and good chances, doesn't turn this into a Bad game Or questions performances..

..Every Player Worked their socks off & for different reasons made it into a cracking game...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I think we were so tired so he wanted to conserve energy for the Slavia game. 

For the umpteenth time, don’t want to belabor the point as I am ECSTATIC with the 3 points...

Nonetheless, suffice it note that you don’t necessarily “conserve energy” chasing around the opposition and last-ditch defending in your half. Holding onto the ball and controlling the game would rationally seem a better way to “conserve energy”. But all’s well ends well.

• Like 2

Really good 3 points, especially after West Ham won. First half we were fantastic and probably should have been further ahead. The start to the 2nd half and the goal were pathetic and probably one of the worst goals we've conceded all season but we fought and battled and came away with the points despite the 2nd half not being pretty and being a bit nervy 

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

We have tended to see out tight games this year, I think us as fans are hard wired to expect the worst.

I blame Micky Adams and his regular crapping of underwear whenever we had a lead with 10 minutes to play.

That is so true. 

Good game, first half was a joy to watch, we slapped them around like no tomorrow and probably could have scored more goals. 

Only the start of the second half was disappointing, we switched off and allowed them in so Brendan will be disappointed with that. Other than that the second half was a different masterclass all together. We knew Villa didn’t have enough to break us down, and they rarely caused that many problems from set plays either. There was no need to over extend ourselves, we just needed to ensure we kept them at arms length, which we did. A very good performance all things considered, I’d be more worried if I was Villa, it pretty much proves that they’re overly reliant on Grealish.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Great first 30 minutes or so. Second half was rubbish especially after Madders was injured and BR decided to shut up the shop, we stopped playing football and invited Villa to do what they want. Luckily they weren't good enought to capitalize on that.
A game to forget, the most important thing is 3 points are in the bag. Hopefullyt Madders will be all right. Barnesinho was pure class, terrorised them until last 20 mins, MOTM for me

sorry but Not rubbish..!!   Going more Defensive doesn't mean city's game was rubbish...Still created chances,so stayed positive...

Our defenders were more called upon, & they played Bloody well...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Just realised we’re currently on the same points and depending if Man Utd win, the same position as last season. Take away our collapse at the end of the season, that’s excellent consistency for Leicester City and I bloody love it!

Unreal to think last season we only got another 13 points... from 13 games, it was some collapse

42 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Outstanding first half.

Not so much afterwards.

You could see that we were knackered with 25 minutes to go.

Great defence at times.

My thoughts exactly.

Was getting frustrated at the second half but it’s completely understandable really isn’t it.

Fantastic 3 points, what a month February has been for us so far.  

• Like 2

I only got sound ,If video was available I never cracked how to get it streaming , I only have BT Sport, YouTube ,Amazon prime , and LCFC matchday site  which apart from LCFC site all work well for me.   Never mind that, i can sort that later before the short strokes of the season. LCFC matchday site needs sorting , its terrible, I have no trouble streaming youtube , BT sport, Amazon prime or Sky (when i pay for a day's pass ) but LCFC TV and sound is terrible (and even worse has Gerry Taggert. I assume he's been a valued member of the club and team at some time so I wish him respect and no harm.)  He just needs some training, which may not work. He does n't come across as very bright, but I would n't  insist this is a good assessment , from the little evidence I have.

LCFC matchday is no doubt put together by  highly paid experts and also imo about as amateur and awful as one can imagine .If any one is interested ,which I doubt, after all I'm only a paying customer and  fan  I can give detail..Although LCFC can do liittle wrong for me I suspect our overiding philosopy of F--- you , you're only a fan will prevail.Most seem not to have this attitude but as usual it only needs a few incompetent bastards to give the whole shebang a bad name and reputation. 

Match sounded brilliant and for the first time this season, we seem to have taken advantage of other teams slip ups. Well done manager and team. 3 points should have been won, but never the less it had to be done and they did it. I'm as some will have noticed, never satisfied, and do regret we seemed to have missed a chence to up our goal difference stats.

Can say no more until I've seen some live video, probably available on Youtube well before any of LCFC sites as usual. BR as a good manager is very busy with results a prioriiy, but eventually has to sort these a---holes responsible for the matchday site. Thay are taking money for nothing. I suspect there are many kids under 15 in the  city who could do a better job for £10 an hour and I doubt it would take  more than a week.

I've raised this before but have so far managed to find a way around the site's problems. Today I'm a little more fussy (and angry) as I think it possible I missed the chance to see the match live. I'll probably find out from the forum which is quite well structured. Some faults but as compensation some very sophisticated features. Details available on request.

Edited by Alan Frost

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mad how this team of chancers turned us over at home 

Why? They played very well that day, and were far more dynamic than us. We've shown time and time again we are vulnerable at home against teams with running power in midfield, especially if Ndidi isn't there.

We are clearly a better side than them but they're a good enough outfit when they're firing.

And at the risk of continuing the main Sky narrative of today, they missed Grealish massively. We'd have needed to work much harder out of possession today with him on the pitch.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I know he's just looked really disinterested or distracted for the last few weeks and he's just not chasing or got any bite to him at the minute. Hopefully something clicks soon, we need a fit and firing Vardy for the run in. 

Watching a different game to me. He never stopped chasing and made two vital clearances in defence. Mings and konza had one eye on him at every attack which constrained Jamie but left gaps for others. He's still up there with the top goalscorers this season and none of them are close to his age. At this point in time I still wouldn't swap him with anyone.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

For the umpteenth time, don’t want to belabor the point as I am ECSTATIC with the 3 points...

Nonetheless, suffice it note that you don’t necessarily “conserve energy” chasing around the opposition and last-ditch defending in your half. Holding onto the ball and controlling the game would rationally seem a better way to “conserve energy”. But all’s well ends well.

I think Rodgers' hand was forced by Maddison coming off as we don't really have an AM to act as a focal point in the opposition half with Praet and Perez being out too.   Thought he could have brought on Albrighton for Ricardo but Amartety was an asset towards the end and we got three points so all ends well after all!

• Like 1