Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, Nick said:

Not yet. Just needs a goal and confidence back he’s not missed anything that should have been banked - just needs to find form again. 

I hope so. As much as I think this is the start he’s still going to contribute to some major moments. 

Guest StevieLynex
22 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Absolutely gutted to be saying it but I think this might be the start of JV’s decline unfortunately. Big summer ahead. 

Scored last week, didn't he?

Setting up the way we did in the second half making those changes to see out the game is one way of getting some rest into players legs during a very congested fixture list with a thin/injury hit squad and was what I expected to happen - obviously conceding just after the break was not part of the plan!

With Ricardo not fully fit, Castagne just back from injury and no creative back ups for Youri/Madders the changes made perfect sense to me. 

• Like 1

With the schedule what it is, the quality of the league and the injuries mounting, style points don't matter - the results do. They effectively took the air out of Villa's tires after the goal, though sad to say Madders troubles helped with that. Take the 3 and move on. Hopefully Maddison doesn't miss time.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

Absolutely delighted with this win, as its a big 3 points imo. 

1st half, brilliant but should have been out of sight. 

2nd half, lucky the pubs are shut as I would have got properly bloto😄

Well proud of the lads after our recent run of games 

Barnes and Thomas are some serious talent that will improve. 

💙

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

So nice to hear commentators say what a good/dangerous/attractive side we are. All the years of us being a bit bit sh1t, just there to make up the numbers. what a time to be a city fan.

There’s a cracking Times article which says how this performance was calculated in a way that very few ‘big’ clubs have done this season. 

27 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Scored last week, didn't he?

He absolutely did. Like I said to @Strokes just because I think he’s now “starting to decline” doesn’t mean you can’t and won’t contribute significantly. I dont Think well see him fighting for The golden boot again as from next season and he won’t play many full 90’s

hope I’m wrong 

3 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

:revenge:

Screenshot_20210221_162416_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ok fair enough but the point was that CR would often not defend a lead (to an extreme) he’d leave the attacking players on the pitch.

It’s great that we won but I thought ending today’s game with 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders was unnecessary against a poor villa side, against a better side it could have easily cost us, all it does is invite pressure.

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Ok fair enough but the point was that CR would often not defend a lead (to an extreme) he’d leave the attacking players on the pitch.

It’s great that we won but I thought ending today’s game with 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders was unnecessary against a poor villa side, against a better side it could have easily cost us, all it does is invite pressure.

We have to manage our players to have any chance of being able to compete next week next month. Yes it's not always pretty but job done today

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Did we have any experienced attacking midfielders on the bench? Who would you have brought in out of interest!

16 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I’m so trying that next time the mrs has a top like that on. I’ll get at least a weeks space for that stunt haha

I remember once after one match I’d stayed out late wit( a mate, got hammered. He’d meant to have been home early for a family meal. Spoke to him the next day and he was moaning that he was in the dog house, the mrs wasn’t speaking to him and had gone out in a huff and left him home alone. I said “what’s wrong with you? That sounds like heaven”. My mrs wanted a nice long walk and a Sunday lunch out at some nice pub somewhere. I was absolutely hanging, crying to be left alone and suffer in peace. lol 

• Haha 1