Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Wonder if we are already seeing the positives coming from the new training ground? State of the art for recovery and it's clear to see. 

Yes we got a big leggy in the last 15 or so but it's great time to see these wins after a tough Thursday night game. 

Absolutely, you'd expect the lads to practically be living there at the moment. Recovery for Thursday

• Like 2

Everyone is talking about Grealish but Dean Smith and Villa have spent over £1/4bn net on transfers in 2 years, they should have more than enough cover to compete with us. 

We completely outclassed them in the first half, brilliant stuff from us yet still missing, Justin, Praet, Fofana, Perez and others carrying injuries.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How is this thread descending into 'we're victims'?

Because we didn’t score 7 and conceded with there only shot in target ... from 3 yards out. second time I’ve said this in last week but people can’t seem to accept a more defensive approach. Not even when they consider the fixtures and the injuries and players just returning from injury. Madness isn’t it. 

• Like 3

Massive result and 3 points for us, and when that is following up another massive result and 3 points for us last weekend it really has been a big week for us. 

Thomas and Barnes were magnificent on the left today. First half we oozed class and took the game away from them. They barely laid a finger on us. Second half we showed our resilience, defensive qualities, organisation and squad depth to manage the game out. Real graft from everyone to get it over the line. Absolutely chuffed with that.

• Like 2

Just keep winning and picking up points. I don't care how we do it or what it looks like. This is all about the squad and they have been fantastic to watch all season.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You may be a newer fan but I'm sure you're not a 'plastic'.

For those of us who've been watching a long, long time - 40 years in my case, and watched more gash than class - I'm happy to enjoy any way of winning.

We're a delightful work in progress.

Thought you were talking about your other job there Geoff :ph34r:

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, adam said:

That second half was a tough watch. I never want us to play a midfield 3 of mendy hamza and wilf again. Great result though. Vardy not looking the same. Maybe his injuries have caught up with him. Currently Ian offers a lot more. 

I agree to some extent but he had 1 assist and his mere presence occupying defenders gives more space to other players. 

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You may be a newer fan but I'm sure you're not a 'plastic'.

For those of us who've been watching a long, long time - 40 years in my case, and watched more gash than class - I'm happy to enjoy any way of winning.

We're a delightful work in progress.

Watching Leicester has been like a string of ex-girlfriends?? 😄

I was a bit uneasy with the way we handled that game if I'm honest. 

Because we won it turned out the right decision to stop playing when we went 2-0 up and then bring on the 3 most defensive substitutions you're ever likely to see. 

If we had conceded Brendan would have had some serious questions to answer. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You know that's how it works, right? We didn't, therefore he hasn't, therefore your point is redundant.

I think having Ndidi, Choudhury and Mendy all on was a bit of overkill personally and is only going to invite pressure, which it did. 

Just made me feel a bit uneasy watching it.

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I was a bit uneasy with the way we handled that game if I'm honest. 

Because we won it turned out the right decision to stop playing when we went 2-0 up and then bring on the 3 most defensive substitutions you're ever likely to see. 

If we had conceded Brendan would have had some serious questions to answer. 

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You know that's how it works, right? We didn't, therefore he hasn't, therefore your point is redundant.

Imagine if he'd replaced those players with attacking players and we'd conceded he would've had some serious questions to answer.

But as HPF says, we didn't so therefore he hasn't.

Game management sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. BR's record with us (over 50% PL win ratio - that's staggeringly good over 2 years) suggests he gets it right more often than not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I think having Ndidi, Choudhury and Mendy all on was a bit of overkill personally and is only going to invite pressure, which it did. 

Just made me feel a bit uneasy watching it.

I understand that, but it's irrelevant :) We got the result, we have huge injuries and fatigue issues, and nobody died. And I tell you something else - what-iffing after the fact is exhausting!