Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

25 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Personally don't see it as "agenda driven" so that. I think he's just very much a process and "look behind the result" kinda guy, and I agree with that a little...but not enough is said about the fact we are finding a way to win whilst still in 2nd gear, and then the question can be asked about when/if 3rd and 4th gear are shown

I actually think it’s just representative of having a podcast where it’s impossible to know the ongoing of 72 clubs. So it’s as you say look at the results, watch some highlights. 

My slight conspiracy theory is that that pod in particular is well in with a number of bookmakers and trying to calm money being lodged on favourites ain’t bad thing for their sponsors 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

listen to What the EFL, much better analysis on there

Decent listen, this. Quite informative, decent chat. Tried Second Tier but found it a bit boring in comparison, probably because it's just between two people rather than three.

8 hours ago, MattFox said:

We’re the seventh biggest club in England in terms of social media following let alone the Championship

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/social-football-league

Always surprises me how many people under 30 see us as a big club 

Not surprised following our league win, although it’s a shame the social media side of things seems to be run by work experience members of staff.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JayTheFox said:

Not surprised following our league win, although it’s a shame the social media side of things seems to be run by work experience members of staff.

It's probably no worse than any other team :dunno: most people only tend to follow their own team, so don't have any frame of refence as to what the standard is.

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Having just listened to the Not The Top 20 pod I can see the criticism. The fact he doesn’t see a tactical change being implemented means he must be blind 

To be fair to him, I think he has recognised this and he said on this pod that it may come good but he didn't see any evidence of it so far. It gets my back up a bit cus I'm biased as well and would love to hear everyone singing our praises after what happened last year but it's difficult to argue with anything he's said

1 hour ago, MancFox24 said:

To be fair to him, I think he has recognised this and he said on this pod that it may come good but he didn't see any evidence of it so far. It gets my back up a bit cus I'm biased as well and would love to hear everyone singing our praises after what happened last year but it's difficult to argue with anything he's said

he said he couldn't see the plan, that's just plainly wrong

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

he said he couldn't see the plan, that's just plainly wrong

But he recognised it would take time for maresca to implement his tactics and that it might come good. But I agree with the point that there hasn't been any noticeable improvement in the performances for the first 4 games and I do struggle to see sometimes what we're trying to do from an attacking point of view other than rely on individual bits of quality. 

9 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

But he recognised it would take time for maresca to implement his tactics and that it might come good. But I agree with the point that there hasn't been any noticeable improvement in the performances for the first 4 games and I do struggle to see sometimes what we're trying to do from an attacking point of view other than rely on individual bits of quality. 

I honestly couldn't disagree more. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

This might help. 

Also, the thread here titled "Tactics Under Maresca" or something along those lines might be useful for you. 

And I'm not saying that in a nasty or arrogant or negative way. Only that there is definitely an "idea" as Maresca himself refers to it. :thumbup: 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

This might help. 

Also, the thread here titled "Tactics Under Maresca" or something along those lines might be useful for you. 

And I'm not saying that in a nasty or arrogant or negative way. Only that there is definitely an "idea" as Maresca himself refers to it. :thumbup: 

That clip does show the key difference is the application and willingness to break the lines through the middle. No, it's not coming off every time, especially with some sloppy midfield play in recent games from Wilf and KDH. But the tempo of the passing and neat triangles in the centre of the park are everything Rodgersball wasn't - it used to be a case of getting it to Harvey and hope he'd cut inside before running into a cul de sac. I reckon we'll eventually see one or two 'classic' Vardy goals off the last man come off from it if defenders get baited into coming high to win the ball back.

Kind of ironic now we have a bit of an embarrassment of riches out wide, but for me the central play is where we're really seeing Enzoball pay off early.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

This might help. 

I'm not saying he's just chucking them out on the pitch and saying let's play. I'm saying I haven't seen sustained patterns of play emerging. I don't deny we look good in those isolated clips found, but I've watched all of the 4 games in full and for every one of those clips there'll be plenty more where the passing has been slow and the movement off the ball poor. I think we're about 14th in xg stats having controlled possession for all of the games and played 3 of the relegation favourites. I'm sure Casadei and the new wingers will help, but I think it's ok to reserve judgement until then

12 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

This might help. 

God we are sexy. 

If we tighten up the final third we will be laughing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

The style of football we're playing is streets ahead of last season. It's progressive, it's a lot more aggressive and it breaks teams psychologically. 

• Like 2

On 30/08/2023 at 12:29, CosbehFox said:

I actually think it’s just representative of having a podcast where it’s impossible to know the ongoing of 72 clubs. So it’s as you say look at the results, watch some highlights. 

My slight conspiracy theory is that that pod in particular is well in with a number of bookmakers and trying to calm money being lodged on favourites ain’t bad thing for their sponsors 

But if one doesn't bet,one doesn't care,does iPod has a platform deliver to those see it has usable.

3 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

I'm not saying he's just chucking them out on the pitch and saying let's play. I'm saying I haven't seen sustained patterns of play emerging. I don't deny we look good in those isolated clips found, but I've watched all of the 4 games in full and for every one of those clips there'll be plenty more where the passing has been slow and the movement off the ball poor. 

Probably because we aren't there yet, but let's be clear, there's been a huge change from Rodgersball. The reason we've scored so many late goals is because it's possession with purpose and tires teams out. Slow, slow, fast, fast, slow, dragging teams around and making them work in a way that 600 passes between Faes and Amartey doesn't. Once the new signings have had a bit more time to bed in with everyone else, and Maresca has had more time to put across his ideas, we will be cooking and you can see that come December/January time we're gonna be absolutely smashing some teams apart

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Probably because we aren't there yet, but let's be clear, there's been a huge change from Rodgersball. The reason we've scored so many late goals is because it's possession with purpose and tires teams out. Slow, slow, fast, fast, slow, dragging teams around and making them work in a way that 600 passes between Faes and Amartey doesn't. Once the new signings have had a bit more time to bed in with everyone else, and Maresca has had more time to put across his ideas, we will be cooking and you can see that come December/January time we're gonna be absolutely smashing some teams apart

I hope you're right. But the original point was in reaction to the NTT20 podcast and Elek saying that you can't take for granted that our performances will improve just because the players have had more time with the manager, and I agree with that. Over the first 4 league games I haven't seen signs of a team that will smash teams apart as you say, but I hope the new signings change that. As for comparisons with last year, they're so pointless for so many reasons, not least because if we played like we did in those first 4 games against most PL teams we'd have been beaten convincingly

5 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

I hope you're right. But the original point was in reaction to the NTT20 podcast and Elek saying that you can't take for granted that our performances will improve just because the players have had more time with the manager, and I agree with that. Over the first 4 league games I haven't seen signs of a team that will smash teams apart as you say, but I hope the new signings change that. As for comparisons with last year, they're so pointless for so many reasons, not least because if we played like we did in those first 4 games against most PL teams we'd have been beaten convincingly

My original point was that in his very own words he claimed there was no tactical change been made by the new manager. Which is plain wrong 

These 2 usually are pretty decent in terms of opinions and thoughts on the league. 

But quite honestly this episode is one of the worst I've listened to in terms of opinions. 

Now either they're targeting twitter views and revenue, then in which case fair play they've done brilliantly. Targeting arguably the biggest twitter following in the league and throwing a view out there to get bites, is smart 

But if this is their actual opinion, then they need to revisit both our club and Southampton. 

Also can't understand their love in for KDH, both seem to think he's setting the league on fire.

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

These 2 usually are pretty decent in terms of opinions and thoughts on the league. 

But quite honestly this episode is one of the worst I've listened to in terms of opinions. 

Now either they're targeting twitter views and revenue, then in which case fair play they've done brilliantly. Targeting arguably the biggest twitter following in the league and throwing a view out there to get bites, is smart 

But if this is their actual opinion, then they need to revisit both our club and Southampton. 

Also can't understand their love in for KDH, both seem to think he's setting the league on fire.

Because the most they'll have seen is his 10 minute spell of competence vs Coventry.