Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

So Gary Lineker recommended Chelsea’s woman’s boss Emma Hayes to replace Brendan Rodgers according to Sky sports News, would have been interesting she certainly knows her stuff & gets her team winning games.

So just wondering what your thoughts would have been if the board did get Emma Hayes in before we got the bald genius Enzo ??

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

So Gary Lineker recommended Chelsea’s woman’s boss Emma Hayes to replace Brendan Rodgers according to Sky sports News, would have been interesting she certainly knows her stuff & gets her team winning games.

So just wondering what your thoughts would have been if the board did get Emma Hayes in before we got the bald genius Enzo ??

Smith gave us nothing... a significant change couldve had an impact... wish we'd done it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I don't think it would work yet. 

It would also make us public enemy number 1 sooner or later. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Smith gave us nothing... a significant change couldve had an impact... wish we'd done it.

This is not true. He significantly improved our points-per-game from the period leading up to Rodgers' sacking. If we'd have appointed him a few games earlier, we'd almost certainly have stayed up.

Sooner or later a woman will be appointed to manage a men's team and I hope it is a success and becomes normal. However I wouldn't have wanted us to be the first to take that step in the summer, given how imperative it is that we get back to the PL as soon as possible. Just too much of a risk at this stage.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Mods, is it possible to ban people for using certain words on this forum?

I’m submitting the following list. Anyone using any of these terms receives a lifetime ban:

Woke

Snowflake

Tippy tappy bollox

Target man

I enthusiastically second this! 

(although I’m not too enraged by “target man”) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is not true. He significantly improved our points-per-game from the period leading up to Rodgers' sacking. If we'd have appointed him a few games earlier, we'd almost certainly have stayed up.

Sooner or later a woman will be appointed to manage a men's team and I hope it is a success and becomes normal. However I wouldn't have wanted us to be the first to take that step in the summer, given how imperative it is that we get back to the PL as soon as possible. Just too much of a risk at this stage.

I know what you’re saying and I totally agree. It’s nothing to do with being a woman, however, but simply a question of experience.

I guess that’s the question though isn’t it? How would someone like Emma Hayes get the experience without a club being willing to be first to take a chance. I’m sure she’d be infinitely better than some of the duffers on the managerial merry go round - we could all quote a few names 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What is it with the boredom of the international break that has people outing themselves left, right and centre. 

Fvck me. 

Outing themselves? You and the rest of the Wokeratti need to pay more attention because these clumps of effluent in human form have been on my block list for ages. Between the referendum and Covid, they provided more than enough evidence that they were walking base jumpers sans parachutes.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Coaches like Hayes and Weigman are clearly exceptional coaches. There just has to be a willingness from both sides to take the risk.

It'll happen eventually, I don't doubt, not necessarily with those specific individuals but I'm sure we'll see a woman coach in the Championship and probably the Prem in the next couple of decades. 

If men that have never played the game can then I don't see why a woman can't. What's the difference? 

Biggest challenge is cultural, just getting the buy in and the respect of the players. Obviously attitudes get better over time, we're more open minded and progressive now than we were in the 50s or 60s. But equally, how many footballers get done every year for some misogynistic behaviour or violent sex act? There's pretty obviously still some way to go shifting attitudes towards women in the sport. 

I definitely think Hayes would have reflected a bigger risk than we could have afforded to take. Let's not pretend Enzo isn't already quite a significant risk as it is. 

From Hayes' perspective - she's at a big club dominating the league and contending for the CL, and she's mentioned a job offer in the men's side of the sport would have to be of comparable stature for it to entice her. Maybe in 5-10 years if she gets bored of winning trophies and her kid is more grown up I could see her taking a job in the MLS seeing as she previously coached some teams over there.

With what she and Wiegman have accomplished I'm sure they would command the respect of the dressing room 

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Mods, is it possible to ban people for using certain words on this forum?

I’m submitting the following list. Anyone using any of these terms receives a lifetime ban:

Woke

Snowflake

Tippy tappy bollox

Target man

Rodgers 

Brendan 

Fixed :)

• Haha 1

Does Emma Hayes have a cockney accent (maybe I’ve mistaken her for someone else ?). If so she should be discounted but I think even cockneys shouldn’t have cockney accents. I’m scarred from previously listening to Talk Sport. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

If you asked me if I'd swap ours for anyone else's, there's no team I'd swap for, what we did was unexpected and will be unmatched. Other clubs winning trophies is what is expected of them. When Man City don't win a trophy it's a shock. I'd rather win unexpectedly than lose one unexpectedly. 

We have had a wild ride and I ****ing love it. Long may it continue.

I think the only thing that has stopped Emma making the switch so far is her own ambitions. She's said she wouldn't consider anything below challenger Championship sides, good on her. Imagine Sarina will be much the same. 

It was a shame the Forest Green situation with Hannah Dingley in the summer was clearly a massive PR stunt, made even worse by them replacing her with a man who had less coaching experience. 

• Like 1

Graham Potter couldn’t command much respect at Chelsea and had reasonable credentials as a manager in the men’s game. 

I suspect such a masculine environment wouldn’t be conducive to female managers succeeding.

Lee Carsley didn't immediately have his name bandied around after succeeding at U21 international level which is obviously much closer to the level of the elite men’s’ game.

• Like 2