Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Totally get you.

Never understood it.

I get the argument they're "backing themselves to play at the highest level" but there's got to be a level of realism.

Kalvin Phillips to Man City, he was never gonna play, Danny Drinkwater to Chelsea, he was never gonna play. (Although somehow Phillips keeps being picked for England. Madness)

That's only two examples admittedly but two off the top of my head.

The other argument that been made to me is they "wanna win medals" - Fine, but when you've not really had a part in the winning them isn't it all abit hollow?

Anyone playing at the top level or even near it, is earning outrageous money, I get more wants more, I get being a footballer is a short career, I also appreciate its easy for me to say from my perspective but even if it was on slightly less money if I had the talent to be playing at that level i'd want to be playing, week in, week out.

I agree with this buy that's a criticism used about jannik and he's now been playing every game 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

that Ryan Dilks guy is 100%  just baiting us now… thankfully the other lads break down seemed a tad more measured 

You look at the amount of people losing their heads on Twitter and you can see why he does it. Fair play great wumming 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

that Ryan Dilks guy is 100%  just baiting us now… thankfully the other lads break down seemed a tad more measured 

aint that Ryan guy a derby fan too, 

pretty sure some of it is just clickbait now, as they said Southampton has a crap transfer window too

the other guy as you said is the one talking sense, considering its a championship podcast etc, it feels like the ryan guy doesnt watch much of it etc

15 hours ago, dbtcity said:

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Fair play to the fella on the right he knows the score 

Yeah Justin Peach is a decent pundit. Very balanced and tends to have fairly nuanced opinions. He's refused to jump onboard the Ipswich bandwagon, for instance.

14 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

aint that Ryan guy a derby fan too, 

pretty sure some of it is just clickbait now, as they said Southampton has a crap transfer window too

the other guy as you said is the one talking sense, considering its a championship podcast etc, it feels like the ryan guy doesnt watch much of it etc

Funnily enough, no, it's Justin Peach (on the right) who is the Derby fan!

It's definitely set up that way (clickbait). Ryan tends to play the "host" card and throw in controversial opinions for Justin to dig into or disagree with. Works fairly well, although it is a tad annoying.

What I find interesting so far is that they talk about us having a strong enough squad to go up before the signings this window. Which I think all of us would disagree with. Yes there was quality (Pereira, for example), but nowhere near enough to be challenging if we hadn't added to the squad. With Maddison, Barnes and Tielamans (in theory, re: as a creative outlet) leaving, we had no creativity left in the squad at all.

They highly rate KDH too, which confuses me a bit. He's a good player, with some flaws, but not Player of the Year candidate, as they've suggested in the past. I feel like they're going off his past time in the Championship, which is not the same context as within this season's league, or in terms of his value to Leicester.

Edited by CloudFox

on the second tier podcast stuff again,

as @Ric Flair just tweeted, they are rating Simms but saying we paid over the odds for Cannon yet both had the same stats last season.

Does make you wonder tbf, as Simms has looked bang bang average this season so far

think some of whats said is pure click bait to get impressions up for X payout

44 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

as @Ric Flair just tweeted, they are rating Simms but saying we paid over the odds for Cannon yet both had the same stats last season.

Does make you wonder tbf, as Simms has looked bang bang average this season so far

Listened to this episode earlier; Cannon has 8 goals in 20 games, Simms have 7 from 22. 

Cannon Is also couple years younger. Yet one is a good signing and the other massively over done.

As has been said above, if they're aiming for clicks and traffic then they're doing a great job. 

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 22.03.35.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont understand why you would even listen. It's like the people who wait in anger to yell at talksport. 

This. It's gonna get dead boring in this thread if you all fall for the clickbait nonsense every single week.

Lower your blood pressure and listen/watch other stuff that you trust and enjoy. Life is far too short to get annoyed by people monetising your emotions.

Yeah, these blogs work via engagement. We have one of the biggest fanbases and media profiles outside the Premier League. Clickbait headlines about us will generate more web traffic and therefore ad revenue than they will about, say, Rotherham. 

Only listened to one episode of Second Tier and was disappointed. Just seemed a little boring. And now I'm even more disappointed after seeing some of these weird takes and that it's a Stak podcast.

I normally like a lot of their output. I've not listened to all of them (and Sports Horn is a real lowlight) but it is quite frustrating to know that Second Tier belongs to the same stable as the guys behind Football Ramble, On the Continent and Upfront, all top football podcasts imo.