Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

3 hours ago, adam95581 said:

Some good bits but definitely some bad bits too. 68% passing accuracy last night - needs to work on this as we got caught out a number of times from him giving the ball away. Not even difficult passes either. 

Worth persisting with for the rest of the season. Not like we have any other options tbf

Needs a loan move. Definitely not ready for top end Premier League football.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'd send him on loan to Championship next season while KDH comes back in to the squad. 

If Tavares continues to improve this season, I would keep him here. He is versatile and already integrated into the first team match day squad.

Assuming we sign Soumare and don’t lose any first team midfielders, our options next season could be: 

DM: Ndidi, Soumare, Mendy

CM: Tielemans, Tavares

CAM: Maddison, Praet

Tavares will still get game time and continue to progress, especially if we’re playing European football again.

If KDH is as good as the reports suggest, a promoted side like Norwich will be happy to take him on loan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Definitely after 1 full game.... 🙄

Barnes, Chilwell, Hamza, KDH did time in the Championship. The lad looks a good player but a loan move would benefit him.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

Different positions and roles but JJ looked well off it after the first lockdown but started to grow and arguably has become one of our most important players. Tavares showed enough yesterday to suggest he could be a good player so I'm more positive at the moment, but we'll have to accept he's still young and learning so will nake some mistakes. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Barnes, Chilwell, Hamza, KDH did time in the Championship. The lad looks a good player but a loan move would benefit him.

He looks like a season getting used to the rigours of proper  competitive football will serve him well. It looks to me like he is yet to fully grow into his body and he could become a seriously powerful player in his 20s. He already has great technique and I saw signs that we could have a top player on our hands. He/we will need to be patient though, because he looks like he will need to mature quite a bit physically before he is ready to be a genuine premier league player.

10 minutes ago, Shane said:

If Tavares continues to improve this season, I would keep him here. He is versatile and already integrated into the first team match day squad.

Assuming we sign Soumare and don’t lose any first team midfielders, our options next season could be: 

DM: Ndidi, Soumare, Mendy

CM: Tielemans, Tavares

CAM: Maddison, Praet

Tavares will still get game time and continue to progress, especially if we’re playing European football again.

If KDH is as good as the reports suggest, a promoted side like Norwich will be happy to take him on loan.

Why would we loan out KDH again but keep Tavares?

If Tavares gets a loan, he gets experience at Championship-level (no lower) which has profited so many players for us recently as mentioned above.

KDH could be ready for PL football by the looks of it - rave reviews 90% of the time in a competitive league. 

I'd rather have KDH as an option (which will definitely be needed with the amount of games we will have next season) and give Tavares the experience of playing regularly.

Next season, if those are our options, Tavares won't get the game-time he wants, in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

People can sign contract extensions

Yes I’m aware of that but there doesn’t seem to be many signs he will. So effectively he can go anywhere where he feels he will play more and for a tidy salary. What I’m trying to say is at this point why should he choose us knowing the squad depth we have 

6 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Yes I’m aware of that but there doesn’t seem to be many signs he will. So effectively he can go anywhere where he feels he will play more and for a tidy salary. What I’m trying to say is at this point why should he choose us knowing the squad depth we have 

Because at his age, it isn't all about the here and now.  As long as he is shown that there is a pathway to the first team, which has been proven in last game or so and is what he wanted, I think he'll likely sign a deal. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Because at his age, it isn't all about the here and now.  As long as he is shown that there is a pathway to the first team, which has been proven in last game or so and is what he wanted, I think he'll likely sign a deal. 

Fair point it’s difficult to know what’s been discussed with all parties 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why would we loan out KDH again but keep Tavares?

If Tavares gets a loan, he gets experience at Championship-level (no lower) which has profited so many players for us recently as mentioned above.

KDH could be ready for PL football by the looks of it - rave reviews 90% of the time in a competitive league. 

I'd rather have KDH as an option (which will definitely be needed with the amount of games we will have next season) and give Tavares the experience of playing regularly.

Next season, if those are our options, Tavares won't get the game-time he wants, in my opinion.

I might be wrong but wouldn't Tavares be cover for Maddison and KDH cover for Youri? They strike me as two different types of player. Whether that has any bearing on a loan for Tavares only the coaches will know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Fair point it’s difficult to know what’s been discussed with all parties 

From what's been suggested on here, he wanted either a champ loan or game time. With the injury crisis he's being given that, as apparently no champ team came in for him. Hopefully the faith we've shown saving him from Beaglehole will get him to sign a deal.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

I might be wrong but wouldn't Tavares be cover for Maddison and KDH cover for Youri? They strike me as two different types of player. Whether that has any bearing on a loan for Tavares only the coaches will know.

That’s exactly how I see it, praet would be cover for both those positions. as well which after seeing how injuries can occur this season how can people not want more cover? 

IMO we aren’t gonna pay money for another attacking midfielder just to play second fiddle to Maddison with praet being okay cover and then also giving the opportunity for Tavares as well. 

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe at the start of his career. I kind of see Tavares being more of a Youri type player as he gets older though

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

That’s exactly how I see it, praet would be cover for both those positions. as well which after seeing how injuries can occur this season how can people not want more cover? 

IMO we aren’t gonna pay money for another attacking midfielder just to play second fiddle to Maddison with praet being okay cover and then also giving the opportunity for Tavares as well. 

Also I don't believe, not 100%  sure but neither of them would take up a spot in the squads

• Like 2

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

People keep reciting this like it’s an issue with our under 23’s but in truth good players always skip one or two levels take it to the extreme Wayne Rooney made his debut for Everton at 16  did he play for the so called under 23’s or did he skip a level 

.. just reading your post has just confirmed to me that the U23s should not be an aspirational plan!!!

It is more like a dumping ground for players who have failed to attain a level which is deemed good enough for loaning out.

The quality of football played is nowhere comparable to or a stepping stone to the first team. Once a player turns 18, we should be looking for loan arrangements and although players do not all develop at the same pace, U23s  football for us is somewhat a last chance saloon.

It needs to be looked at and not viewed by the academy junior players as the next step to the first team but surely a group to avoid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. just reading your post has just confirmed to me that the U23s should not be an aspirational plan!!!

It is more like a dumping ground for players who have failed to attain a level which is deemed good enough for loaning out.

The quality of football played is nowhere comparable to or a stepping stone to the first team. Once a player turns 18, we should be looking for loan arrangements and although players do not all develop at the same pace, U23s  football for us is somewhat a last chance saloon.

It needs to be looked at and not viewed by the academy junior players as the next step to the first team but surely a group to avoid.

It was U21s when it was set up as PL2 but was then changed. I suspect it was so the bigger clubs could hang on to more of the best of the rest.

• Like 1