Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

4 hours ago, adam95581 said:

Some good bits but definitely some bad bits too. 68% passing accuracy last night - needs to work on this as we got caught out a number of times from him giving the ball away. Not even difficult passes either. 

Worth persisting with for the rest of the season. Not like we have any other options tbf

I think most of our team was guilty of poor passing 

I’ve just watched the whole game again,  it’s something I like to do.

And the most noticeable aspect of his game is that he likes to carry the ball, which is very pleasing  on the eye, yes he has to learn to track better, but overall he looks very good.

Its nice to have a player like that in the team rather than another DM, it now gives us another option.

There was one very odd moment when he ran all the way back and stood 2 yards from fofana and demanded the ball. 

it almost looked insulting. Like when you were at school and the best kid at football would want to take it because only the top lads could be trusted with it. 

What I really liked about him is his speed in carrying the Ball forward, something we need badly in the team. Yes he got caught in possession a few times but that's just adjusting to the pace of the Premiership. Something he'll learn very quickly.

His shot on Goal was beautiful to see and was worthy of a Goal. It was a great save by the Brighton Keeper.

If he stays, he'll have a big future here as he has all the assets needed to be a success.

21 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

There was one very odd moment when he ran all the way back and stood 2 yards from fofana and demanded the ball. 

it almost looked insulting. Like when you were at school and the best kid at football would want to take it because only the top lads could be trusted with it. 

:D

Yeah....i noticed that as well. There were a couple of occasions 1st half when he came way too deep to take the ball off our CBs....and then gave it straight back to them and ran back up the field.  Bit odd

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

What I really liked about him is his speed in carrying the Ball forward, something we need badly in the team. Yes he got caught in possession a few times but that's just adjusting to the pace of the Premiership. Something he'll learn very quickly.

His shot on Goal was beautiful to see and was worthy of a Goal. It was a great save by the Brighton Keeper.

If he stays, he'll have a big future here as he has all the assets needed to be a success.

I dont think that save got the full credit it deserved. 

It was a hell of a strike from Tavares hit with such power and timing that 9 times out of 10 that's going in regardless of whether the keeper manages to get a hand to it or not.

Stunning shot....stunning save! :thumbup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

There's been a fair bit alluded to him being represented by a bunch of helmets, it seems his agents firm looks after mainly Portuguese players and none of them well known. Tavares is likely to be the jewel of the crown.

It's a difficult one if you're a young lad and need sound advice. There's good and bad agents and if they're bad one's, they'll be more interested in their bottom line than his future. He's raw but obviously not without talent so to attain the best for purely the football side of his future, he needs a good coach and training facilities, he's currently got that and his learning curve can thus be shortened. But, if all of our players are fit and Rodgers doesn't see him as being quite ready yet and requiring of a few months out on loan to gain experience, then it's whether the young lad trusts his coaches judgement. If his advisors have convinced him that he's ready now for first team football elsewhere with a bigger wage packet then that's up to him. Either way, we don't need to be held to ransome by a kid, it's a bad habit to get into. He looks promising but that's it.

Edited by volpeazzurro

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think we need to nail him down asap.  He looks like he'll be a decent addition to our squad.

That may be easier said than done !

I don't get the feeling that the lad is going to jump at just any offer that comes along & he appears to have a few options open to him. Can Brendan convince him that his future is at Leicester, not easy when Madders & Youri are ahead of him. I also don't see him going on loan to just any Championship team that play hoofball.

I really hope he decides to stay but who knows !

53 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Considering our recent record with young players, he'd be a prized idiot to leave imho

...going to Europe, you will develop differently!!!

The style of play is different and he will be encouraged to play in a way that will enhance the way he sees how he wants to play.

Just looking at Brentford and they are a team which encourage a more stylised type of playing, and not many British teams are brave enough commit to this style of play.

If there is an option to play abroad with the teams said to be interested, then I can see him taking that option. 

• Like 1

Probably better that shot at Brighton didn't go in. If it had, it would've propelled him into the spotlight even more with agents falling over themselves. 

If he goes then he'll most likely spend the rest of his career regretting his (or his agents) decision. He won't find a better club. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Probably better that shot at Brighton didn't go in. If it had, it would've propelled him into the spotlight even more with agents falling over themselves. 

If he goes then he'll most likely spend the rest of his career regretting his (or his agents) decision. He won't find a better club. 

If he's good enough he'll make it anywhere. I sure he won't regret anything. 

• Like 1

I know I'm likely to be biased but there's another article yesterday from The Mercury about Tavares and Rodgers thoughts on him and I think this shows just how much Rodgers and the club rate him. Even Thomas didn't get this much exposure from the manager when he started getting games.

I can't help but feel this is all part of the ploy to prove to him that we are serious about his long term future here. Its fascinating to read that Rodgers immediately picked him out after just 2 days at the club and backs up the interview Tavares gave a while back in Portugal about him being part of the 1st team since 2019. There was a training picture of him talking to Rodgers way back then if I remember rightly. Rodgers makes reference to him not playing much for the U23's and from what I was told from someone with links to the academy was that Rodgers and Rudkin didn't want Beaglehole to pick him. I assumed that was to do with the stand off with players agent and club but who knows? 

Let's hope he signs a new deal and can kick on. He's not going to another top club and being further up the pecking order than he is here and it's evidently clear that Rodgers will give him a chance if he continues to work at his game so get it done. This feels like the saga we had with Chilwell back in the summer of 2016, although his contract wasn't up but his agents were pushing hard to force our hand.

• Like 3

I could be wrong, but I think he's already made is mind up and he's on the move.  He seems like a very confident player who wants to be playing first team football on a regular basis, he probably misses a bit a of sunshine and a good dose of Vitamin D, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Portugal.  It has to be difficult for young players from outside th UK at the moment, stuck within their bubble, they can't just hop on a flight at the moment to see family and friends etc.

11 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I could be wrong, but I think he's already made is mind up and he's on the move.  He seems like a very confident player who wants to be playing first team football on a regular basis, he probably misses a bit a of sunshine and a good dose of Vitamin D, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Portugal.  It has to be difficult for young players from outside th UK at the moment, stuck within their bubble, they can't just hop on a flight at the moment to see family and friends etc.

He been in Leicester since he was 9 as City sign him after spotting him playing for local U9 team at Carib SSFC in leicester.

He didn't move to Leicester when he signed for City he was already here from a young age, he has probably spent more time here than Portugal.

• Like 3