Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

19 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I could be wrong, but I think he's already made is mind up and he's on the move.  He seems like a very confident player who wants to be playing first team football on a regular basis, he probably misses a bit a of sunshine and a good dose of Vitamin D, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Portugal.  It has to be difficult for young players from outside th UK at the moment, stuck within their bubble, they can't just hop on a flight at the moment to see family and friends etc.

Has his family gone back to Portugal then? 

I'm led to believe he is off to Sporting Lisbon.

We are playing him for 1 of 2 reasons, to increase any value if / when we can get a fee, or secondly hopefully convince him to stay.

He will be a professional, he looks a very good prospect who needs experience / games at a higher level than the u23's.

13 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

We are playing him for 1 of 2 reasons, to increase any value if / when we can get a fee, or secondly hopefully convince him to stay.

He will be a professional, he looks a very good prospect who needs experience / games at a higher level than the u23's.

They’ll probably sell him back to us in a couple of years for 30m.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I think we can only get a fee from the sale to an English club . If I’m right that seems   Inequitable but I guess we can raid European clubs for their best youngsters but we don’t .

23 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

We won't get anything for him unless he stays in Britain.

Nani had 2 separate spells at Sporting. Nani is his cousin. If deemed good enough for us, he's good enough for Sporting Lisbon. Portuguese. 

Case closed 

Portugal, sunny weather, lovely fish. 

Edited by Bamboo
Correction, Nani started his career with SL, goodness me.

28 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

His whole family support Porto and he said recently he's not considering a return to Portugal.

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Maybe Ricardo could give him some good words of advice? Being the only senior Portuguese player in the squad it would be wise of him to lean on someone like that. I know I would!

...I suppose Ricardo could advise on the style and physicality of the Portuguese legal, but not necessarily on wether he should stay or go!!!

Senior members of the squad,  perhaps either skipper would be perhaps somewhere to go for advice.

4 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Maybe Ricardo could give him some good words of advice? Being the only senior Portuguese player in the squad it would be wise of him to lean on someone like that. I know I would!

...I suppose Ricardo could advise on the style and physicality of the Portuguese league, but not necessarily on wether he should stay or go!!!

Senior members of the squad,  perhaps either skipper would be perhaps somewhere to go for advice.

Edited by sacreblueits442

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I suppose Ricardo could advise on the style and physicality of the Portuguese legal, but not necessarily on wether he should stay or go!!!

I've seen this said before

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Didn’t we offer Ricardo a new contract, that still hasn’t been signed?

Im sure this was the case. So I’m not sure Ricardo would be a good person for Sidney to speak too 

Everyone saying it would be a terrible mistake for him to move abroad... It's not such a cut and dry thing. He moves to a team like PSV, Dinamo Zagreb, Lens, RB Salzburg, some "small" club on the continent where he will have little competition and gametime in a tough environment, that could very well be better for his development than staying here. In our advantage, we can offer him a more serious wage even as a youngster than any of these clubs.

Obviously if he trucked off to Barca for example that would be idiocy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Everyone saying it would be a terrible mistake for him to move abroad... It's not such a cut and dry thing. He moves to a team like PSV, Dinamo Zagreb, Lens, RB Salzburg, some "small" club on the continent where he will have little competition and gametime in a tough environment, that could very well be better for his development than staying here. In our advantage, we can offer him a more serious wage even as a youngster than any of these clubs.

Obviously if he trucked off to Barca for example that would be idiocy. 

I still don't think he'd walk in to a team like PSV and be 1st or 2nd choice to start with, PSV have a better wealth of ACM's than we do!!

He's 3rd choice here currently when we get everyone fit, possibly 2nd choice quite quickly if he proves himself. 

It would be a huge decision for any team in a top league to sign him and put him in from the off as most clubs already have 1-2 options per position. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I still don't think he'd walk in to a team like PSV and be 1st or 2nd choice to start with, PSV have a better wealth of ACM's than we do!!

He's 3rd choice here currently when we get everyone fit, possibly 2nd choice quite quickly if he proves himself. 

It would be a huge decision for any team in a top league to sign him and put him in from the off as most clubs already have 1-2 options per position. 

I'm not suggesting he'd be put in straight away, and didn't know PSV's particular situation, I was more talking about clubs of that stature. I only meant that with the quality gap in his competition reduced, he would have more opportunities to prove himself.

27 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm not suggesting he'd be put in straight away, and didn't know PSV's particular situation, I was more talking about clubs of that stature. I only meant that with the quality gap in his competition reduced, he would have more opportunities to prove himself.

Possibly but I think it's rare for a youngster to come through and not have at least 2 players in the way, at a lot of the big clubs it's more like 3 or 4 so he's already in a pretty decent spot here and will earn double what he'd get in Portugal/Holland. We'll pay him £10k a week, possibly £15k for his first " 1st team " contract and I'd be amazed if other leagues would do that from the off. That's the dilemma for these young players, they are seeing the Sancho's and Musiala's (incidentally both at huge clubs) and fancy going abroad but it's no easier, those 2 would have absolutely smashed it in the PL at almost any team. 

19 hours ago, Le Renard said:

I could be wrong, but I think he's already made is mind up and he's on the move.  He seems like a very confident player who wants to be playing first team football on a regular basis, he probably misses a bit a of sunshine and a good dose of Vitamin D, ...

Where do you get the information that makes you feel this is the case?

One way or another his time is up with Beaglehole and the under 23s. We have to play him here or on loan. Period. If Rodgers thinks he has the right stuff than pay him or set up some kind of contractual agreement with attainable incentives. We just have to sit and wait.

feel odd club didn't talk more about the fact he's a proper academy product like thomas, barnes & hamza; (i.e. not like vontae who we signed from arsenal)

probably my laziness but assumed we signed him as a 17 year old, had no idea he's been at the club so long (does not sound like he's particularly attached to the club, the amount of rumours surrounding him)

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Where do you get the information that makes you feel this is the case?

I said "I could be wrong", It is not fact and it is an opinion like 99.9% of the postings on here!  Most of the time when a player delays it is usually a sign that they want to move on, hopefully this is not the case.