Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Arsenal Home Pre match Sunday 28th at 12.00 on BT1 @ 11.30am

I've spent all night trying to best plan for this ridiculous schedule, utilising the squad so we can be some sort of fresh. The answers are below. Warning, we won't score many goals.

Arsenal:

Kasper; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas; Wilf, Youri, Mendy; Castagne, Iheanacho, Barnes

...with Vardy to add some fire power later on

Burnley; 

Kasper; Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu, Fuchs; Albrighton, Wilf, Youri, Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho 

Brighton:

Kasper; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne; Wilf, Hamza, Youri; Under, Vardy, Barnes 

...with a semi fit Perez to hopefully replace Hamza if needed 

I know you can't actually pre plan this sort of stuff too much but it gives half our players a game to recover 

Arsenals biggest threats are out wide so important whoever plays RW tracks Tierney and LW helps out with Saka.

If it’s Vardy and Nacho I think they’ll cause their CBs problems and our 2 should win the CM battle. Intriguing game and one we can win if individual battles are won 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

I've spent all night trying to best plan for this ridiculous schedule, utilising the squad so we can be some sort of fresh. The answers are below. Warning, we won't score many goals.

Arsenal:

Kasper; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas; Wilf, Youri, Mendy; Castagne, Iheanacho, Barnes

Burnley; 

Kasper; Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu, Fuchs; Albrighton, Wilf, Youri, Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho 

Brighton:

Kasper; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne; Wilf, Hamza, Youri; Under, Vardy, Barnes 

I know you can't actually pre plan this sort of stuff too much but it gives half our players a game to recover 

The thought of having to play 2 CDMs in 2 of those games is terrifying. Would rather see Tavares of Leshabela involved in at least one of the games. 

6 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Arsenals biggest threats are out wide so important whoever plays RW tracks Tierney and LW helps out with Saka.

If it’s Vardy and Nacho I think they’ll cause their CBs problems and our 2 should win the CM battle. Intriguing game and one we can win if individual battles are won 

I’m hoping and also don’t think Saka will play.

Kasper

Castagne

Evans 

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

Ricardo

Tielemans

Barnes

Iheanacho

Vardy

442, that team is good enough to beat anyone, having Iheanacho just behind Vardy will give him freedom to terrorise the Arsenal defence again.....:scarf:

• Like 1

I actually think this game is the perfect fixture for us at this point. 

Now I'm not saying that we're low on confidence or it has been shattered or anything but we're moving into the territory IMO where that slippery slope can begin. I think it's good to play Arsenal for the following reasons:

1. The onus won't be on us to break these down. Hopefully they'll play fairly open meaning we can break. This is a much easier way to play when struggling a bit I think. 

2. Ricardo and Tim are looking sharper every game. This could be the perfect game for them, especially if we find ourselves breaking. 

3. If we were to lose, it's not like it's a massive shock and real questions would be asked (as long as we put in a half decent performance) if we played Sheff Utd or someone where the onus was on us and we fell short, I'd imagine the media would be sharpening their knives and that slippery slope would be getting iced over. 

18 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

The thought of having to play 2 CDMs in 2 of those games is terrifying. Would rather see Tavares of Leshabela involved in at least one of the games. 

That's the position we're in I guess. Mediocre, defensive but reliable players, or youth team gambles. I tend to err on the side of caution but would love to see a academy graduate prove me wrong.

33 minutes ago, sdb said:

Arsenal:

Burnley; 

Brighton:

That’s actually a very poor use of your time and energy - unless you are Brendan Rodgers ...... 

• Haha 3

Impossible to call this. All down to what sort of reaction we get from Thursday's terrible effort. A win and we are back on track but a poor perfomance and defeat could possibly derail the rest of the season. One thing is certain turn up and play like we did on Thursday and we will lose  by 3 or 4.

Vardy is in very poor form and without him scoring this will be difficult.

9 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Wirh the fixtures coming up I am pretty confident that we can slip up tomorrow and still be in a good position come May. However, let's not take chances. We all know Chelsea will close the gap. The question is, can anyone else?

On yesterday's showing I would say West Ham are a real threat too plus hard to rule out Liverpool bouncing back either.

7 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

Back on track today... Castagne cross, Vardy header... 1-0 after 12 mins

second half, soak up pressure, 84th minute... Tielemans pass through and Barnes scores...

2-0 FT

Dressing room celebrations to shove it up the Arse.

I am especially hopeful Ricardo will do a job today in an advanced position, though on the other side I can see Tierney getting in the way. Barnes may have to drift more central to get any joy. I'd love to see Vardy get a brace - he just needs a sniff and a bit of confidence and he'll be back on track. Uncertain the dressing room celebration ideas should be mandatory!

Watch out for Brendan's pre match team talk though where he may tell the players 'not to bother trying' as we will only end up in Europe again else – and we are not bothered about that @Col city fan. lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Arsenal:

Burnley; 

Brighton:

You have posted in a public forum instead of in the coaches Whatsapp group.  You must be getting tired, Brendan.

• Haha 1